Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

SE and East Anglia general weather discussion 26/03/2018 onwards

Captain Shortwave

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Back to very warm or hot conditions for the rest of the week with spells of sunshine and just some patchy cloud drifting through.

arpegeuk-41-27-0.png?31-18   arpegeuk-41-51-0.png?31-18   arpegeuk-41-75-0.png?31-18

Tomorrow looks very warm (24-27C), Thursday looks warmer (27-30C) and Friday looks the hottest day for the next week though this could change with 33C the probably high. This pattern looks to remain through the weekend and into next week with temperatures likely to stay well above average though probably not excessively hot as the furnce remains the other side of the channel (Probably remaining close to 30C in favoured spots with mid to high twenties widely).

Oddly enough after seeing torrential rain on three of the last five days then it could well be possible that rainfall comes out near average. There was a vicious thunderstorm here which I completely missed down the road in Chatteris where there was no rain whatsoever.

Edited by Captain Shortwave

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm summers but not too hot and colder winters with frost and snow

If only we could have a day like today everyday of the summer it would be perfick.Lovely little storm here about 5.45am with about 30-40mins of good solid rain.Then a lovely day with a max temp of 24 degrees with lovely sunshine with a few fluffy clouds from time to time.If we had this every day from June to August everything would be nice and green,it would save everyone having to not have to water lawns/shrubs daily and it is weather that everyone can work in without too much trouble!!!Sadly the weather doesnt work like that and the heat builds again from Thursday and temps upto 33 on Friday somewhere in the SE and unlikely to see rain for next  5-7 days

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Hot and Sunny but not opressive

Got woken by the storm this morning at 5am and could not get back to sleep , I like storms but not at that time please . Just after dark please weather Gods . Looking forward tonthe heat up again although 33c seems a little too high but beggars can’t be choosers .

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, snow, and wind storms

Surprisingly clear airmass tonight; The view of the stars in my back garden ATM is really good! I saw a very slow moving, gold-streak perseid meteor too!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe frosts, Heavy snowfall, Thunder and lightning, Stormy weather

Blue sky with scattered fair weather clouds.  A very slight breeze and the temperature is slowly rising.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool clear sunny weather all year.

Lovely start to the day and it even felt quite fresh relatively this morning on taking the dog out.

Can we stay back to coolish nights please.

Posted

Bit of a gardening dilemma, I've learned this year that seeds don't germinate in a heatwave as the soil dries out too quickly - but I've got autumn veg and flowers seeds that should have been sown late July.  So would anyone like to take an educated guess as to when the upcoming heatwave might subside? 

Lovely temps this morning, cool and sunny, perfect for a quick run.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.
17 minutes ago, Team Squirrel said:

Bit of a gardening dilemma, I've learned this year that seeds don't germinate in a heatwave as the soil dries out too quickly - but I've got autumn veg and flowers seeds that should have been sown late July.  So would anyone like to take an educated guess as to when the upcoming heatwave might subside? 

Probably about three days before the end of August if it's anything like the last one. 

So after a much needed cooler weekend, I'm looking forward to it heating up again - low 30s on Friday sounds delightful! 

Think we got up to 25.2c yesterday but when directly in the sun it felt a lot more like 30 - very easy to get burnt despite the cooler temps

Edited by Uxbridge90

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy and thundery.

Summer can be like yesterday everyday if it wants. A bit of storm a bit of wind and some summery warmth. Notice I said warmth rather than Heat.  I am not looking forward to it going back to 30c.

However I am getting myself winter ready and saw some very nice pillows. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool clear sunny weather all year.
1 hour ago, Team Squirrel said:

I havent had any probs with seeds germinating been sowing small amounts all the way through of diff types.
Sowed some spring  purple sprouting broc with no problem the biggest problem is stopping the butterflies stripping  them bare lol.

Best tip put them in the shadiest part or sun in am and not pm therefore they dont get fried.

Posted
15 hours ago, Captain Shortwave said:

Back to very warm or hot conditions for the rest of the week with spells of sunshine and just some patchy cloud drifting through.

arpegeuk-41-27-0.png?31-18   arpegeuk-41-51-0.png?31-18   arpegeuk-41-75-0.png?31-18

Tomorrow looks very warm (24-27C), Thursday looks warmer (27-30C) and Friday looks the hottest day for the next week though this could change with 33C the probably high. This pattern looks to remain through the weekend and into next week with temperatures likely to stay well above average though probably not excessively hot as the furnce remains the other side of the channel (Probably remaining close to 30C in favoured spots with mid to high twenties widely).

Oddly enough after seeing torrential rain on three of the last five days then it could well be possible that rainfall comes out near average. There was a vicious thunderstorm here which I completely missed down the road in Chatteris where there was no rain whatsoever.

That's exactly right re. rainfall.  I'm at 90% of the July total after 3 wet days, so purely on rainfall records it will look like an average month!. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

Nice day here, plenty of sunshine with a light-moderate SW’ly breeze and a very pleasant temperature of 26C.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe frosts, Heavy snowfall, Thunder and lightning, Stormy weather

It is very sunny and humid.  the temperature is 24 °C and the humidity is at 41%.  

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Lovely day with lots of sunshine, a not particularly oppressive 26C here with a light southwesterly breeze. That will change tomorrow as a warm front pushes through introducing much warmer and more humid conditions.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.
2 hours ago, Captain Shortwave said:

Lovely day with lots of sunshine, a not particularly oppressive 26C here with a light southwesterly breeze. That will change tomorrow as a warm front pushes through introducing much warmer and more humid conditions.

Wish the humid stuff would stay away.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: clear skies , hard frost , snow !

today was perfect weather wise fresh start warm and sunny 27.1c top temp but first time in 4days the air con gas gone on.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: An Alpine climate - snowy winters and sunny summers

For the record, July in the East:

629572040_July2018intheEast.thumb.jpg.931e3ef5cd83363da5225a48e3256bd0.jpg

- 2nd warmest July on record [1910]
- Joint 2nd warmest MONTH on record [1910]
- 8th driest July on record [1910]
- THE sunniest July on record [1929]
- 2nd sunniest MONTH on record [1929]
- also looks like the 2nd driest June-July period on record (1976 was 3rd)

With thanks to Dan Holley: https://twitter.com/danholley_/status/1024729741859987456

• Like 3
  • Thanks 4

Posted

Sunny morning, mostly a clear blue sky apart from a few cloud wisps.  The temperature is 17  °C ,

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: clear skies , hard frost , snow !

stunning sunny day gin clear skies again !! very warm too at 27.5c already 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

Beautiful day with long sunny spells, light winds and currently 29C. That’s more like it ??

• Like 2