Sign in to follow this  
Captain Shortwave

SE and East Anglia general weather discussion 26/03/2018 onwards

OMG rain in Angmering! forgotten what it looked like. First since June 17th, a rumble of thunder as well. 

Edited by 95 Degrees

Time to get excited?  Please, please, please can we be rewarded with a strom after putting up with this heat for so long!  🤞

Cells seem to be initiating in the same place they did last night, just north of the medway towns

The cloud is building up and it was a dull for a few minutes and then sun came out.  The barometric pressure is at 1007mb and it is Falling.  My barometer pressure has not been this low since early May.

Temp here now down to 33.1, and there's still hardly a cloud in the sky.

Lots of Altocumulus coming across now! Also storm cells seen to my east, poss france :D

3 minutes ago, Leo97t said:

Do we have any confirmation on the highest temp reached so far? 

Cambridge and Wattisham both 34.0C at 14:00. I'm sure there will be higher than that confirm though, as I've been higher than that today (not by much though!)

https://www.netweather.tv/live-weather/daily-top-20/maxt

Edited by suffolkboy_

1 minute ago, suffolkboy_ said:

Cambridge and Wattisham both 34.0C at 14:00. I'm sure there will be higher than that confirm though, as I've been higher than that today (not by much though!)

35.2C at Tibbenham?

over 36 here now constant sun all day.

In these situations, the lightning radar is faster at picking cells up than the radar.. thats how explosive the atmosphere is and it's just let the lid off.

Still creeping up 32 here in Sutton , broken clouds and v hot when sun breaks thru 

You know in disaster movies, when there is a shot of the wind picking up in trees...

Well, that is just happening!

We've had precisely 3 blobs of rain and a few crack of thunder. The drought is over y'all. 

Seeing larger clouds building up on the horizons! but sun beating down here.

35C on outskirts of East Cambridge ... truly repressive with the humidity, getting up to core body temperature level 😂

Someone saying NO RECORD for July likely ... but Around the Bungay and Diss area is definitely in with a shout of beating 36.7C or whatever it was

Wow really picking up off the south coast now!

the humidity as these storms are approaching is insane.. it's really gone up in the last hour 

Can someone explain to me why certain areas are identified as being more at risk of storms i.e. yellow and amber zones. How is it known that storms would be worse there?

Tropical blobs of rain in Bexleyheath now. The atmosphere is about to go pop I think

The only thing I know, is that its stained glass windowin hot, here.

5 minutes ago, tomp456 said:

We've had precisely 3 blobs of rain and a few crack of thunder. The drought is over y'all. 

scrap that. It's now peeing it down