Holidays
Local
Radar
Snow?
Captain Shortwave

SE and East Anglia general weather discussion 26/03/2018 onwards

Afternoon all,

A visit to the UK for me today, it is a hell of a lot warmer in Westcliff than in Munich.... my little weather station appears to have peaked at 35.2C external temps and 28.1C internal temparature, all I know is, it is bloomin hot in Westcliff on Sea.  I think it is reading a bit high but I am sweating buckets here and trying to work at the same time.  Off to Gatwick later to fly down to Bordeaux, it could be an interesting trip.

Keep cool and stay safe one and all...

Cheers

FC

Edited by frozencanals

DjHJmMBUwAE_Jdl.jpg

Seems to be a clustering of hot temperatures around Bungay in Norfolk (heading for 37C)......anyone from there confirm?

They missed the rain last night I believe, so temperatures were not as subdued and they are closer to highest upper atmosphere temps

4 minutes ago, Kent Blizzard said:

It was one hell of a storm and the build up prior to it the way the cloud rolled in was amazing, was yellow

Yes, the skies before that one were amazing to see ...like the end of the world was coming 😨 All the neighbours were outside watching it coming, I stayed in the greenhouse to watch - until it got too scary to be out there!

Some of us in the west are about an hour away from seeing our first rain in over 2 months.. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Bryn Webster said:

DjHJmMBUwAE_Jdl.jpg

Seems to be a clustering of hot temperatures around Bungay in Norfolk (heading for 37C)......anyone from there confirm?

They missed the rain last night I believe, so temperatures were not as subdued and they are closer to highest upper atmosphere temps

Bungay is in Suffolk.

• Like 2

Just finished a busy week making chips for a chipshop during our town carnival... Warm would be an understatement. Tired would be a joke. I tell you I'm going to enjoy this last 4 hours of sunbathing before this evenings show.

Guys I think it's happening, rising towers starting to emerge on Essex.

i'm just happy there is a risk today of my fave fave weather.  ice cream and radar watching. top

First signs of convection beginning to show now - Lots of cumulus clouds bubbling up, some attempting to climb higher into the atmosphere 

Over 35 here in Essex now in the shade

20180727_143900.jpg

Lightning strike near Dover, so it is beginning.

13 minutes ago, Surrey said:

Some of us in the west are about an hour away from seeing our first rain in over 2 months.. 

It's looking very good for Surrey at the moment! 

Heavy cloud building rain on its way looks like drought will end today 

7 minutes ago, warrenb said:

Lightning strike near Dover, so it is beginning.

Crazy, I'm in Deal, no more than 8 miles away, and there's not a cloud in the sky here. I assume not for much longer!

Interesting skies here now after hot sunshine. Breeze picking up a bit and it’s hot, too. Currently 31C

FEF56E8A-F54B-412A-9028-6F7CE91F6A24.jpeg

• Like 1

Those storms in the channel kind of are like the dividing line between very low risk of storms storms and high risk as the day/night goes on it will slowly trsnpire East.. once you are west of that line your chance of catching a storm is very limited and would solely rely on anything popping up along the approaching cold front 

16 minutes ago, Uxbridge90 said:

It's looking very good for Surrey at the moment! 

I know... everything seems a little bit more west than I thought.. I was expecting stuff to break out EAST of London 

I'm between Norwich and Beccles and it's about 31c indoor and about 39c on my outdoor thermometer that sits in the sun so that will be higher. Some clouds bubbling up in the distance. 

1532700076736549490005.jpg

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Bryn Webster said:

DjHJmMBUwAE_Jdl.jpg

I’m a couple miles down the road from Bungay, halesworth to be exact and I can’t confirm temps as I don’t have a thermometer but it is chuffing hot n humid and indeed not a drop of rain last night or any day since May! Praying for rain n storms later to clear this heat, even if only by a few degrees.

• Like 3

My back door thermometer is just under 30 °C in a very shaded area of my garden and is at least 4ft from the ground.

New cells south of London, its go time people.. 

• Like 2

Was just about to type "If all of these storms slip either side of SE London again, I won't be a happy bunny!"

And then saw the radar echos about 10 miles south 🙂