Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

SE and East Anglia general weather discussion 26/03/2018 onwards

Captain Shortwave

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Hmm I thought winds were supposed to be light today? It is windier than yesterday here and even then it was quite gusty.

Just 22C in a stiff NE wind.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Heat, Cold, Sun

Was thinking the same, very windy here at the moment 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, snow, and wind storms

What a night! England won against Columbia, and i'm now getting a distant (albeit rather infrequent) light show from the line of cells to my South and East!

• Like 3

Posted

Eastern flank (the electrical side):

B1D84EC2-AE86-4891-BA8E-B0FC838F9A72.jpeg

Posted

Western Flank:

C2EF9EA1-B2DA-40BA-9AA7-7FD94DF32698.jpeg

Posted

Meto seem to have revised temps downwards for early next week?

I love for sunshine but  we had quite  a serious field fire 2 miles away on Monday as the ground is like a tinderbox, they think it might be possible that a tractor chipped a flint into life. I'm having to use a lot of water to keep the allotment alive, god know what it's like for farmers. Bah, I wish I lived in the same town as my allotment as 10pm waterings during heatwaves are quite a commitment.

And anyway, I love rain and I'm dying to feel some as are my plants.

Edited by Team Squirrel
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe frosts, Heavy snowfall, Thunder and lightning, Stormy weather

Things are getting so desperate with the lack of rain in South Ockendon, I have even considered doing a rain dance to make it rain.  Usually when the tennis/cricket season starts, is when we get the most rain but sadly not this year.  The novelty of days of continuous sunshine, with no rain, hardly any clouds or wind has gone.  Yes I too would love to see a few days of rain and so will my garden.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything out of the ordinary, except extreme heat
39 minutes ago, Katrine Basso said:

Things are getting so desperate with the lack of rain in South Ockendon, I have even considered doing a rain dance to make it rain.  Usually when the tennis/cricket season starts, is when we get the most rain but sadly not this year.  The novelty of days of continuous sunshine, with no rain, hardly any clouds or wind has gone.  Yes I too would love to see a few days of rain and so will my garden.

Shall we do a rain dance together in Derwent Parade? That should get some attention! 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe frosts, Heavy snowfall, Thunder and lightning, Stormy weather

Yes that will be a fun thing to do.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy and thundery.

I am hoping that various reports for maybe temps hitting 35c + next week are exceedingly wrong. 

• Like 1

Posted

It’s hardly a desperate situation!

I will never tire of these endless days of sun, it just makes everything seem happier and brighter.

Think of those horrific summers when we all pray for just one day of sun and a temperature of 21C.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

Feels positively tropical today, despite a humidity of only 47%. 25C and partly cloudy. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Some low cloud did drift in for a time (Well broken mind you), then it has been sunny all day with the wind becoming non-existent this afternoon. Temperatures up to 25C so far today.

Looking at the output and given plenty of sunshine and very little wind, I would not be surprised if 30C was hit on any day over the next week.

Edited by Captain Shortwave

Another beautiful day, does Summer get any better than this? Looks to continue all the way through to England winning the World Cup - lovely!

Highs of 27.7c yesterday and 27.1c today.

Would love a good old thunderstorm and wouldn't be surprised to see some activity whenever we get a break down in the future. 

Posted

It's actually raining! I've forgotten what it looks like! haha! A shower developed right over Crawley in the last half hour and gradually heading north.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy and thundery.

Being that hot weather is not my friend at the best of times and now i'm hopefully recovering but ill still, it's not happy bright weather.  

Bubs school made her go on a 6k walk today and do P.E after that too - hardly ideal and they have thankfully cancelled the 5k run next week.  Bubs like hubs can't deal with hot weather and suffers greatly.  

35c heat to my family is dangerous. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: clear skies , hard frost , snow !

For people who are suffering I cannot recommend air conditioning more highly - we have portable in the media room downstairs and had a unit installed in the bedroom and it makes a huge difference , I think its really taking off now in southern England. Nearly all the homes in our area seem to either have units on the outside or you see the portable exhaust pipes dangling out of upstairs windows like old fashioned tumble dryer hoses !

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

Convection seems to be kicking off here...

79743754-2CA8-4F11-B9CC-7316ABADB542.jpeg

Posted

Over Dorking now. It rained on my walk to work this morning and I have to say I had missed it (a little). It had that real summer rain smell and evaporated right after falling pretty much. 

167B8FBA-8895-4DDE-9882-3852EB670C74.jpeg

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Plumes and streamers
51 minutes ago, stainesbloke said:

Convection seems to be kicking off here...

79743754-2CA8-4F11-B9CC-7316ABADB542.jpeg

It won’t amount to much. I keep praying the forecasters have got it wrong but it looks like for any decent rain or anything we are in exactly the wrong place

Posted

Just had a fairly decent shower here in sw19,wet the ground but dry again already.Was nice getting wet again from rain and not sweat for a change.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: clear skies , hard frost , snow !

impressive cloudburst here had 6mm in last 35 mins everything is running off the garden and lawn as iota is so dry - great to not have to water tonight !

• Like 1

Posted
5 minutes ago, Badgers01 said:

impressive cloudburst here had 6mm in last 35 mins everything is running off the garden and lawn as iota is so dry - great to not have to water tonight !

Looked like there’d be a little rain here coming up from S but it fizzled out upon arrival. Almost five weeks ago was the last time I remember seeing it rain. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Heat, Cold, Sun

Just home from work and switched on Wimbledon... currently rained off. 

Wall to wall blue skies here, hope the rain doesn’t make its way here.