Holidays
Local
Radar
Snow?
Captain Shortwave

SE and East Anglia general weather discussion 26/03/2018 onwards

Lottie you just pipped me was just about to say the same shiwing 21c here and going to be hot hot hot

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Snowflake Queen said:

Or better still walk around naked like dami :) 

steady, it hasn't rained yet.

• Like 1

The first uncomfortable night of this hot period. Should hopefully be a little fresher this evening and the rest of this week, before warming a little at the weakend. Bar a bit more cloud Wednesday to Friday (but I'd expect long sunny intervals) it looks another glorious week and weekend.

Edited by Mark Bayley

What is up with Metoffice forecasts recently? Massively inaccurate for my area and differing hugely to other forecasts.

13 hours ago, lassie23 said:

Some snow flurries would be welcome to help everyone cool off. If we pick up an easterly.........you just never know

Lol, winds been in the east here since I can remember this year.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Lauren said:

What is up with Metoffice forecasts recently? Massively inaccurate for my area and differing hugely to other forecasts.

Same here really the temps are all quite low. Mind you I have 28 for Sunday so that’ll probably be 34 😂 so it’s obviously not having a great time

3 hours ago, alexisj9 said:

Lol, winds been in the east here since I can remember this year.

Hope it carries on up until winter❄️

• Like 1

just come back from Hampton Court Palace flower show and it was glorious but so sunny Uv levels must be 8, the skies are gin clear again today must be one of the sunniest periods of weather I can ever remember ..?

• Like 1

Wow that breeze is strong. yipee. Although i nearly lost my sun hat.

Wow, what a stunning day. 28C and strong sunshine. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, lassie23 said:

Hope it carries on up until winter❄️

I hope it carries on up to and right through the winter!

• Thanks 1

It is worth noting that outside of London at the very least nighttime temperatures should return back to the low teens for most, in fact Wednesday morning could be quite chilly in rural areas.

18-583UK.GIF?02-12   42-583UK.GIF?02-12

During the day though temperatures wil respond well to reach the mid to high twenties.

arpegeuk-41-27-0.png?02-18   arpegeuk-41-51-0.png?02-18

The effect of the wind off the northsea looks overdone to be honest, the scattered nature of the temperatures on Wednesday is due to possible showers breaking out.

• Like 1

For the records - the stats for June in the East, courtesy of Dan Holley, Weatherquest.

What a belting month. Come on July - can we have the same but with a thunderstorm or two to soak the gardens and fill my empty water butts please!

1161858017_June2018intheeast.thumb.jpg.b84f17885c8255b53acbc3ce44a65205.jpg

• Notably warmer than average (+1.5C)
  • 2nd driest June on record (12%)
  • Above average sunshine (131%)
  • Lowest number of June 'rain days' on record (where 1.0mm or more falls in 1 day)

https://twitter.com/danholley_/status/1013822299236126721

• Like 6

Another good night, with plenty of breeze, just what the doctor ordered for those of us suffering from HF and CM. The daytime when I am working is not so pleasant, its when the humidity increases as I think it is destined to do, that really does me in.

Edited by Biggin

As per usual, it's unbroken sunshine and 22C - just a few clouds away to the NE...

Much more comfortable today. Cloudy this morning. Strong breeze 22c. Seems like we have a couple of days reprieve before the heat builds again into the weekend and beyond!

Edited by Darkcloud

amazing drying weather sunny / windy / warm and dew point of 7c !

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Badgers01 said:

amazing drying weather sunny / windy / warm and dew point of 7c !

Indeed Badgers. Thursday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday could all reach, or exceed, 30C?

1 minute ago, Ed Stone said:

Indeed Badgers. Thursday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday could all reach, or exceed, 30C?

then my washing will dry even quicker - towels bone dry in 20 mins earlier and they actually feel nicer than when you tumble them !!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Badgers01 said:

then my washing will dry even quicker - towels bone dry in 20 mins earlier and they actually feel nicer than when you tumble them !!

But not as fast as in the NW Highlands, in April 2003: with c. 26C and dps of around -8, the washing dried so fast, one almost had to sprint to the washing line! 🌬️

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

much better today, shame it won't last. And shame it's not because of storms or temps hitting average.

But i will say, oh my that wind out there is gusty at times.

Edited by Dami

It's 22.7 over here, Dami...almost exactly the same as it's been every day for the past week!💤

Despite the sameness of the weather, it could be much, much worse and be an absolutely horrid, Atlantic, chilly, cloudy, drizzly, wind fest. At least it’s a warm wind now. Gorgeous summer continues, could do with a decent thunderstorm to soak the allotment properly but I’d also love this weather to continue into October, after which it can rain all it likes (just not on my wedding day, 13 October).

• Like 1