Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

SE and East Anglia general weather discussion 26/03/2018 onwards

Captain Shortwave

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Four true seasons. Hot summers and cold winters.

Sun's out again, can almost taste the warmer weather on the way

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Hot and Sunny but not opressive
On 15/04/2018 at 14:39, claret047 said:

Hello Mark,

I trust you are well.

You are lucky being able to mow your lawn. My lawn is still too wet, with a layer of mud below to attempt it at the moment.

I hope to venture up to my allotment tomorrow to see how things are going. It has been far too wet to get onto it up until now so I have been setting seeds in propagators and will plant them out when they are of sufficient size and the risk of frosts has gone. 

The sun here has been missing until just after lunch, but keeps making brief appearances from time to time since.

Kind Regards

Dave

Hi Dave , How is your  the allotment? , plenty of time hopefully for it to dry out now , I must admit when I mowed the lawn yesterday it was rather wet underfoot but is looking much better for it today , I have neglected it these past few months it aim to get it back in order , I invested in a pressure washer for the patio as it’s grown mould and our fence needs replacing in places after the winter , I need to sort it in 2 months as the in laws are coming to stay for 6 weeks from Australia along with my wife’s brother , oh the joy . Better day today a sign of things to come .

Kind Regards 

Mark

Posted
  • Location: Gravesend (by the thames) and work Borough Green deliveries on job around the South east
  • Weather Preferences: Snow November to March. Heat and sun late April to early October
  • Location: Gravesend (by the thames) and work Borough Green deliveries on job around the South east
1 hour ago, Wimbledon88 said:

Row brewing on mad thread as to whether its going to be 25c or 26c.

Be careful in there if anyone decides to venture in.

Only because it won't be 26c in Manchester though?. Good old SE always the best place from now until autumn 

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms.

Once the cloud cleared late morning here in St Leonards-on-Sea it was a day of clear blue skies and warmish sunshine, temperatures around 14c with a light to moderate breeze.

Looking fair for the rest of the week.

• Like 2

Posted
1 hour ago, Wimbledon88 said:

Row brewing on mad thread as to whether its going to be 25c or 26c.

Be careful in there if anyone decides to venture in.

:D

It’s looking a great little summery spell for our region by coast less so due to chilly SSTs, Impressive warmth for mid April to come. There’s no pleasing some. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter Snow, extreme weather, mainly sunny mild summers though.
3 minutes ago, Snowflake Queen said:

Bring on the sun ! It might help the grumpy ppl  as it’s a natural pick me up .... 

Yes its that wonderful vitamin D3, and don't forget to take your vit K2 supplement or some Japanese Nato will do the trick to aid absorption of the D3.:)

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow
3 minutes ago, snowray said:

Yes its that wonderful vitamin D3, and don't forget to take your vit K2 supplement or some Japanese Nato will do the trick to aid absorption of the D3.:)

i still think it might snow this month:drunk-emoji:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter Snow, extreme weather, mainly sunny mild summers though.
13 minutes ago, lassie23 said:

i still think it might snow this month:drunk-emoji:

Snow most likely in early May this year I think, anyway by then we will be only 6/7 months away from Winter proper so the effects of this Grand Sunspot Minimum which we are entering could mean that we see snow again by early next November. So maybe a cool short lived Summer coming up.:good:

Edited by snowray
  • Like 1

Posted
19 minutes ago, snowray said:

Snow most likely in early May this year I think, anyway by then we will be only 6/7 months away from Winter proper so the effects of this Grand Sunspot Minimum which we are entering could mean that we see snow again by early next November. So maybe a cool short lived Summer coming up.:good:

20 years of blizzards to come:drinks:

Posted
4 minutes ago, lassie23 said:

Yes and don't think for one minute that the nuclear winter is off the table, could end up with a new ice age if some of these politicians and their backers get their way.:ninja:

• Like 1

Posted
21 minutes ago, snowray said:

Yes and don't think for one minute that the nuclear winter is off the table, could end up with a new ice age if some of these politicians and their backers get their way.:ninja:

allegedly the second winter in the grand sunspot minimum tends to be allegedly mild:wallbash:

Posted
2 minutes ago, lassie23 said:

allegedly the second winter in the grand sunspot minimum tends to be allegedly mild:wallbash:

Noooooooooooooooooooooooowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwaaaaa!!!:unsure2::(:80:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Blizzards,Hot Thundery nights.
1 hour ago, lassie23 said:

20 years in the dry slot on the radar nooooooooooooooooo

Posted
10 minutes ago, Wimbledon88 said:

I know this is going to sound weird but I've just realised my cat has got massive feet. Might be the up coming hot spell thats causing it.:cc_confused:

Swollen? Maybe a trip to vet necessary might be from a broken bone or infection but what do I know. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snowy Weather

Up early with the "Dawn Chorus" again.

Well we look set up for a few days of unseasonably warm weather, from tomorrow until the weekend, before it turns cooler again.

On a personal level, it doesn't feel me with, too much joy. Final confirmation that my favourite sort of weather, cold and snow, has come to an end, for another season. But this isn't because I'm anti, sunny/warm spells but more to do with our "doll" sized house, which becomes uncomfortably warm, during prolonged spells of heat. Even in moderately warm weather, sleeping at night can become, very uncomfortable. Those members that live in the London area, will know what I'm talking about. Sometimes, during hot and humid weather, the temperature barely falls below 20c, at night!! Even though we didn't experience any extreme heat, last Summer, we had our bedroom fan on throughout the season, at night. Also, being easily fatigued after suffering an Haemorrhagic Stroke, two and a half years ago, doesn't help. As well as still being slightly Brontophobic in nature, the thought of impending Summer heat and possibly associated thunder, doesn't feel me with joy, either. :nonono:

On the subject of my illness, I have a follow up appointment with a Neurologist, at Bromley's PRU hospital, later this morning. This to discuss the results of an MRI brain scan I had, a couple of months ago, to investigate, Neuralgic type soreness I've been experiencing, for the past year or so. The Neurologist didn't seem unduly concerned when she saw me back in January and seemed to think soreness was due to nerve damage or even scar tissue, left by surgeon, when he removed a drain from the left hand side of my brain, following emergency surgery, back in Sept.2015. And the initial report of my brain scan, seemed to suggest, just that. Probably scar tissue/nerve damage and nothing "sinister", going on but I'll know more, later this morning.

Hope you all enjoy, the burst of Summer type warmth and sunshine, over the next few days.

Regards,

Tom. :hi:

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snowy Weather
1 minute ago, lottiekent said:

Good luck today Tom

Thanks, very much, Lottie.

Regards,

Tom.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Frosty Mornings

Are we seriously expecting it to hit 27c this week ? Will be firing up the BBQ a month earlier than usual

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Over 18C please!

Don't know about the barbecue, as we were forecast sun today - but the sky looks dark and rainy to me.

But what do I know,  the MetO says it's sunny - I just look at what's there to see and tend to disagree :nea:

Will this be a year with no proper summer weather?

Goodmorning peeps ?

Hope you all are good. Well we are  finally nearly there with all this warm weather predicted for this week but will it be as warm? Let's see what happens.

i was hoping for the warmth to be broken down by storms from France but don't think that will happen yet.

hope you all have s lovely day

regards ????

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.
15 hours ago, lassie23 said:

had enough of this heat, roll on winter

Winter can wait till after summer, although I do hope we don't have to many days over 30 degrees.

• Like 1