Jump to content
Holidays
Local
Radar
Snow?
Captain Shortwave

SE and East Anglia general weather discussion 26/03/2018 onwards

Recommended Posts

It has been a perfect day, plenty of rain with a maximum temperature of 16 ° .  I do not know how many days of rain it will take to revive the garden lawn and for it to go back to green and it's a yucky mustard yellow colour.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, LightningLover said:

Can everybody please cross their fingers for a moment, in regards to a clear night on Sunday for the Perseids? The forecast isn't looking great atm

Indeed,im hoping to get to fairlight to view it up there

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, snowrye said:

Indeed,im hoping to get to fairlight to view it up there

Great idea!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, lassie23 said:

i'm actually feeling cold

It is cold. Only one day, then getting warmer again 😀

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

20-minute cloud-burst here - a heavy shower running SE through London by the looks of it.

14.7C

Edited by mulzy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, stainesbloke said:

It is cold. Only one day, then getting warmer again 😀

It was looking like back to the high twenties, people not so sure now

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well today must of pleased those that wanted rain and cool temperatures.

From a personal perspective it’s been a rotten day. Cool and wet. A sober reminder  of how crap a UK summer can be. Could of been late October having not looked at the calendar. 

Its very hard to find that medium in the UK, if it’s not warm/hot sunny in the height of summer, it’s usually Atlantic dominant with outbreaks of rain of fairly cool weather - today a prime example. As tomorrow will be, although temperatures maybe of 20/21c - heavy showers look to greet. 

Unless you get a high pressure with a North easterly regime in place in summer most settled weather will feel warm to hot unless later on in the season, that’s why I never understood those wishing away a decent summer run for this muck... as always, each to their own. 

Warm and-blue skies with an electric fan on during the night, over this anyday...! 

 

Edited by Ben Lewis
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, lassie23 said:

It was looking like back to the high twenties, people not so sure now

Plenty of uncertainty with model output. Our region should do ok, temperatures in the mid 20’s C, that’ll do, hopefully not too much cloud. Met Office seems confident that the latter part of August should be warm and more settled, fingers crossed. You need to ripen your melon 🍉 

Edited by stainesbloke

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Ben Lewis said:

Well today must of pleased those that wanted rain and cool temperatures.

From a personal perspective it’s been a rotten day. Cool and wet. A sober reminder  of how crap a UK summer can be. Could of been late October having not looked at the calendar. 

Its very hard to find that medium in the UK, if it’s not warm/hot sunny in the height of summer, it’s usually Atlantic dominant with outbreaks of rain of fairly cool weather - today a prime example. As tomorrow will be, although temperatures maybe of 20/21c - heavy showers look to greet. 

Unless you get a high pressure with a North easterly regime in place in summer most settled weather will feel warm to hot unless later on in the season, that’s why I never understood those wishing away a decent summer run for this muck... as always, each to their own. 

Warm and-blue skies with an electric fan on during the night, over this anyday...! 

 

We do need occasional rain even in the summer just to survive, ask the Australians. 

Unfortunately rain brings cloud and Lower temperatures but it’s still plesent outside and the forecast looks variable with a bit of sun some rain and unfortunately some cloud ️ still decent weather in my book. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, stainesbloke said:

Plenty of uncertainty with model output. Our region should do ok, temperatures in the mid 20’s C, that’ll do, hopefully not too much cloud. Met Office seems confident that the latter part of August should be warm and more settled, fingers crossed. You need to ripen your melon 🍉 

lol it was 14c today

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Now the rain has passed the cloud base has a very unsettled appearance about it, is anyone else seeing this?

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, lassie23 said:

lol it was 14c today

Yes, not pleasant at all, though once the rain cleared it reached the dizzy heights of 19C, briefly. Back to a chilly 16C now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

July 29th and now August 9th - two vile days in an otherwise wonderful summer.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Wet'n'Dry said:

Now the rain has passed the cloud base has a very unsettled appearance about it, is anyone else seeing this?

 

Yes. Very undulating.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, shotski said:

We do need occasional rain even in the summer just to survive, ask the Australians. 

Unfortunately rain brings cloud and Lower temperatures but it’s still plesent outside and the forecast looks variable with a bit of sun some rain and unfortunately some cloud ️ still decent weather in my book. 

My brother lives in Australia and they have had drought conditions for 13 months. We’ve had 2.5 months of dry weather and it’s an apocalipse- true British style. 

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Get over it guys !!! Two rainy days in an otherwise fantastic summer. There’s no pleasing some folk. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, shotski said:

Get over it guys !!! Two rainy days in an otherwise fantastic summer. There’s no pleasing some folk. 

Get over it guys !! One fantastic summer without rain. 

No pleasing some folk. 

😉

Edited by Ben Lewis
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, FlightlessWings said:

Flash o’ lightning followed by a distant rumble of thunder in Dorking

Six flashes and rumbles and counting. Double the amount we have had this year so far 😂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Skies now clearing here in St Leonards on Sea after a day of sullen skies and fairly persistent rain. Nearby Herstmonceux has recorded 9mm so far today and the temperature there has just reached 16.2c, making it the coolest day since May 24th.

Edit: now up to 17.8c at Herstmoneceux and it's clouding over again here.

Re the Persieds, if the weather plays ball I would suggest The Firehills in Hastings Country Park or the West Cliff in Hastings as good viewing locations.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Se some more showers and storms entering th me Region now , it was bizarre looking at the radar earlier as the storm we had earlier seemed to go in a completely different direction to the main rain band but went right through it too , never seen that before . Even now the a shower is very close to the main rain band is is moving in a completely different direction.

Edited by Mark wheeler
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Big old anvil to the west of me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×