Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

SE and East Anglia general weather discussion 26/03/2018 onwards

Captain Shortwave

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Varied and not extreme.
2 hours ago, stainesbloke said:

Hopefully your anxiety is lessening now, with the few days of cooler weather. It can’t be easy dealing with that condition. 

Cheers. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Fairly nice week coming up with conditions turning drier and sunnier as the week progresses.

Tomorrow

Sunshine and showers, especially during the middle of the day, tending to dry up later. There will still be a fairly stiff south to south west wind.

arpegeeur-0-24.png?12   arpegeuk-41-27-0.png?29-18

We could reach 25C so feeling much warmer again.

Tuesday

A band of showers will move through during the day, this can be see by the shallow trough which creates a bump in the jetstream, but good sunny spells either side of this.

arpegeeur-0-48.png?12   arpegeuk-41-51-0.png?29-18

Temperatures again peaking around 25C

Wednesday

A fine day with long spells of sunshine and a light south westerly wind and pressure begins to rise.

arpegeeur-0-72.png?12   arpegeuk-41-75-0.png?29-18

24-26C widely, the temperatures perhaps beginning to creep up.

Thursday

Another fine day with long spells of sunshine and just a light breeze, warm air from the south will be beginning to filter across the south of the UK.

arpegeeur-0-96.png?12   arpegeuk-41-99-0.png?29-18

As you can see temperatures will be approaching 30C again.

Friday

gfs-0-120.png?12

High pressure settling right across the UK, so light and variable winds with long spells of sunshine and just a little fair weather cloud.

126-582UK.GIF?29-12

Temperatures probably rising a little more with the low thirties possible, there will be coastal sea breezes developing.

So after a brief spell of cooler and unsettled weather it is back to the conditions we have got used to so far this season. Nothing excessive at this stage but there is the risk (albeit low) that a severe heatwave could develop if the heat building over France and Spain is allowed to push north. Still I think 32C will be reached again over the next week but obviosuly if the area of hot air does reach us then we will be pushing well past 90F and possibly towards the mid or even high thirties again. GIven the time frames involved I think we will know more in the next 48 hours in regards to how the high will align itself and of course how hot things could get.

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, snow, and wind storms

Just had a fairly pokey shower here in Bexhill

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Deep cold
10 minutes ago, lassie23 said:

humidity on the up

Nights drawing in fast. 

First frost around the corner 

• Thanks 1

Posted
17 minutes ago, LightningLover said:

Just had a fairly pokey shower here in Bexhill

A few late showers in Greatstone as well. No sunshine today with the biggest break in the cloud lasting a couple of minutes around sunset time this evening

IMG_6140.JPG

• Like 1

Posted
1 hour ago, shotski said:

Read my original post. I said no very hot weather, like weve just had, over 30 degrees. 

But your contradicting yourself and the countryfile firecast saud the same. By the end of the week beginning of next week we could be looking at record breaking temps

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines
24 minutes ago, shotski said:

Nights drawing in fast. 

First frost around the corner 

Haha, you wish

• Like 1

Posted
10 minutes ago, stainesbloke said:

Haha, you wish

As August rolls on the loss of daylight gathers a pace, then frosts are indeed around the Autumnal corner.:)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines
12 minutes ago, DAVID SNOW said:

As August rolls on the loss of daylight gathers a pace, then frosts are indeed around the Autumnal corner.

Indeed it does, but we’re still in July and the hottest part of summer might be yet to come. We don’t normally get a frost before late October or November. Keep trying, though, trollettes!

• Like 4

Posted
7 hours ago, stainesbloke said:

Indeed it does, but we’re still in July and the hottest part of summer might be yet to come. We don’t normally get a frost before late October or November. Keep trying, though, trollettes!

Trollettes?

Its nearly August, a bit like for you when its nearly February and your thoughts turn to spring? Frosts, maybe early this time in what has so far been an unusual year.

• Like 1

Posted
10 hours ago, Jimmyh said:

But your contradicting yourself and the countryfile firecast saud the same. By the end of the week beginning of next week we could be looking at record breaking temps

How am I contradicting myself ? 

I see nothing in this mornings runs to change my mind, nice sunny weather yes, but no return to possible record breaking temperatures. (Yet) 

Edited by shotski
  • Like 1

Posted
1 hour ago, DAVID SNOW said:

Trollettes?

Its nearly August, a bit like for you when its nearly February and your thoughts turn to spring? Frosts, maybe early this time in what has so far been an unusual year.

Agree that it has been a very unusual year, early frosts are of course, possible. It’s been an interesting year so far, for sure.

Posted
22 minutes ago, stainesbloke said:

Agree that it has been a very unusual year, early frosts are of course, possible. It’s been an interesting year so far, for sure.

It was slightly tongue in cheek, with global warming I’m not expecting the first frost until 2023

Edited by shotski

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe frosts, Heavy snowfall, Thunder and lightning, Stormy weather

A cloudy overcast sky with light rain which  has just stopped. More rain is expected by 10 am and it will be heavier.

Posted

Cloudy here but dry. Hoping the MetO forecast will be right and we get some warm sunshine, am craving it. 20C with a light to moderate SSW wind.

Posted

Huge 30ft bough fell off a tree in the car park yesterday in the wind, the bough looked fine/healthy to me and was quite high up in the tree so it was a surprise to see it fall. Combo of dry conditions/gusts like the others I guess.

Sun just starting to pop out there after a drizzly morning.

Nice to have the tumble drier on this morning, an attempt to dry towels in Friday was abandoned after the temp in the flat rocketed with the drier on! I'm so glad this is my last summer in a flat.

I'm so not done with summer, but I can't say I want 30+ again as it's making me constantly lethargic.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Varied and not extreme.

Hefty prolonged shower just clearing.  UEA weather stationon Wunderground showing 33 mm, though I suspect that's an over-estimate!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy and thundery.

I put out some washing to make it rain and it did. Horrible fine stuff but it still rained. rain wizard.

House still 25c but it's a blessing outside. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.

Been having light showers all day today. No complaints from me, nice and cool, as well.

• Like 1

Posted

Met Office way out today with their forecast. Virtually no sunshine at all here, but masses of gloom/cloud, a gusty wind and a disappointing 21C.

B1BB72CD-B4AE-4B2F-BD9F-76D9D9595AA3.jpeg

Edited by stainesbloke

1 hour ago, stainesbloke said:

Met Office way out today with their forecast. Virtually no sunshine at all here, but masses of gloom/cloud, a gusty wind and a disappointing 21C.

B1BB72CD-B4AE-4B2F-BD9F-76D9D9595AA3.jpeg

You Deffo sure you live in staines? I can't belive the differences we experience over a 3-4 mile difference lol sunny here now.. 

Anyone for an early morning bang? 

Steady... 

Euro4 for tonight I will check other high RES when in computer in house model does not agree at all 

18073103_3006.thumb.gif.1262f80f79c1d91e0a96df68eab1bb43.gif18073106_3006.thumb.gif.2237ada22472ed39b2e360d96f6034d0.gif18073109_3006.thumb.gif.01dde30294a619c664fafe342a863556.gif

• Like 1