Holidays
Local
Radar
Pollen
Captain Shortwave

SE and East Anglia general weather discussion 26/03/2018 onwards

11 hours ago, Tilly said:

I feel ya Dami! I did see your other post and had to post my agreement on this 

Worryingly, something I have never seen before is happening outside my door. The trees in the park are losing their leaves. I’m guessing this is from lack of water. I’ve never seen this before, it’s July yet looking like Autumn out there. It’s going to be a strange Autumn if there’s hardly any leaves on the ground as they’ve lost them already! 

Just a natural reaction to abnormal dry weather. Dump excess leaves and it helps tree to go into a semi hibernation. 

If I have a very luxuriant plant and it is flagging I cut it right back so leaf cover is reduced. It then tends to sprout like mad when it grows on in better condition.

In the future if you did a trunk core it may show a smaller growth ring than usual. 

Must admit it seems strange to have an early Autumn. 

• Like 2

Everyone loves a bit of summer heat 🔥🌞 just like everyone loves a decent cold and snowy spell, it’s what makes our weather great. 

Its when the weather gets stuck in an excessive pattern, be it rain, cold or heat , and starts to affect people’s lives it becomes a problem. Personally I’ve got no real problem with the current heat apart from finding it very hard and draining working out in it everyday but I have no health issues. 

Lets hope for more decent sunny weather but hopefully interspersed by some cooler rainy spells 😆🙏

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Snipper said:

Just a natural reaction to abnormal dry weather. Dump excess leaves and it helps tree to go into a semi hibernation. 

If I have a very luxuriant plant and it is flagging I cut it right back so leaf cover is reduced. It then tends to sprout like mad when it grows on in better condition.

In the future if you did a trunk core it may show a smaller growth ring than usual. 

Must admit it seems strange to have an early Autumn. 

Thank you. I didn’t know that, every day is a school day ha! 

2 hours ago, Captain Shortwave said:

Oh look the cloud has broken up just in time for the evening. Made it to 25c but rather disappointing.

Still if the cloud melts away then clear skies will deliver the hottest day of the year tomorrow.

Pretty much SNAP here in Bedfordshire 

Thick cloud cover all day that finally broke at 17:30. 

Just felt like a pleasant bog standard UK summer day. Cloudy and comfortable. 

Wont hold my breath for tomorrow, cloud cover seems the order of the days contuary to the appalling TV forecasts. 

Looks like Pershore was the hot spot today at 30c. The next few days appear warm with highs of 29-31c, perhaps a tad more in the usual areas.  Whilst this summer has been warm and very dry we have been without extremes. Let’s hope for a southerly from a baked Spain. 

7 minutes ago, Ben Lewis said:

Pretty much SNAP here in Bedfordshire 

Thick cloud cover all day that finally broke at 17:30. 

Just felt like a pleasant bog standard UK summer day. Cloudy and comfortable. 

Wont hold my breath for tomorrow, cloud cover seems the order of the days contuary to the appalling TV forecasts. 

If it is clear to start the day then tomorrow is going to be hot. The Arpege is insistent on temperatures pushing to 90f and beyond.

arpegeuk-41-27-0.png?22-18

I think this will come off, actually this model was spot on today with temperatures (25-29C but rather scattered around due to cloud cover). I think some cumulus could build up but otherwise good sunny spells. Low cloud doesn't look likely on Tuesday and Wednesday as there appears to be enough instability to squeeze out a couple of showers and then we see winds veer southerly which should prevent cloud building up.

Summer 2018 you can disappear now, thanks, you're getting boring.

Hopefully we'll get a breakdown where the rain & storms last as long as the last few boring weeks. Either that or 2 months of snow in winter!

Woooh it’s hot ..but stuffy hot 😟 could do with a storm ☔️ ( not my fave ) but would clear this muggy weather 

This is not condusive to sleeping when u have sleep apnea.... 

5 hours ago, DAVID SNOW said:

Are you sure Yamkin, highest max I can see is 29c

Quite sure. I doubled checked my station and there was no direct sun rays at the time. Only lasted an hour.