Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

SE and East Anglia general weather discussion 26/03/2018 onwards

Captain Shortwave

Posted
1 hour ago, lassie23 said:

Since the weather is on the turn I have harvested the last of my melons, it was nice and sweet too.

Photo on 23-10-2018 at 16.00.jpg

Photo on 24-10-2018 at 13.37.jpg

Photo on 23-10-2018 at 16.07.jpg

Looks great that, can't beat fresh homegrown. You were lucky got them harvested before this weekend's brutal northerly sets in. I reckon it ll be a 'real shock to the system'. Forecasting 9c on Saturday!!! 

Temp now. 5.8c.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe frosts, Heavy snowfall, Thunder and lightning, Stormy weather

A lovely sunny morning, blue sky and scattered clouds. The temperature is 10 °C with light winds.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow
1 hour ago, Snowflake Queen said:

Who’s hand is waiting patiently for a slice of melon ? 

It's just a hand that doesn't belong to anyone  called the council to come and remove it but typical council have done nothing about it lol

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines
1 hour ago, lassie23 said:

It's just a hand that doesn't belong to anyone  called the council to come and remove it but typical council have done nothing about it lol

Forget calling the council, you need these guys

Nice melon! Hope it was tasty?

Edited by stainesbloke
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

Another very nice day here. We have been so lucky this year with the high sunshine levels, it certainly lifts my mood. Feeling very fresh at 13C but Saturday will feel a lot cooler. Haven’t put the heating on yet, this autumn. Might change soon

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow,thunder,tornados

Been another lovely day,cooling off now,what a run its been this year,a proper summer thats just gone on and on,1st northerly blast incoming,on what im hoping will be an epic winter

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms.
4 hours ago, stainesbloke said:

Another very nice day here. We have been so lucky this year with the high sunshine levels, it certainly lifts my mood. Feeling very fresh at 13C but Saturday will feel a lot cooler. Haven’t put the heating on yet, this autumn. Might change soon

I'm with you 100% on that SB. I'm not in the best of health at the moment but being able to sit on the seafront in the sunshine for a couple of hours this afternoon was a real mood lifter.

It was only 14.1c but with barely a breeze it felt comfortable enough and good to see so many folk out and about making the  most of it.

Belated congratulations on your wedding btw.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Posted
4 hours ago, SenlacJack said:

I'm with you 100% on that SB. I'm not in the best of health at the moment but being able to sit on the seafront in the sunshine for a couple of hours this afternoon was a real mood lifter.

It was only 14.1c but with barely a breeze it felt comfortable enough and good to see so many folk out and about making the  most of it.

In your part of the world it has been lovely all week, uninterrupted sunshine reminds me of May BH just significantly colder last time I was down here it was sweltering, never experienced it so hot. Some great vivid sunsets, it does get cool when dark dipped to 3C Wednesday morning brrr. It did feel much cooler today even in sunshine I felt it and arctic air hasn’t arrived yet testament to a very long warm summer. Southern softies! :rolleyes:

P.s. hope you get better soon I have had a bad cough.

Edited by Daniel*
  • Like 3

Posted
4 hours ago, SenlacJack said:

Thank you It was nearly a fortnight ago but we’re all still knackered lol, what a weekend. Sounds like you’ve had a great day enjoying the autumn sunshine. It’s been wonderful seeing so much of that, in my opinion our climate would be far more bearable if only it was sunnier. Best wishes for a swift return to good health.

Edited by stainesbloke
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow

Had a BBQ yesterday and the temperature was just right to be in a t-shirt, would rather have more days like yesterday, if it isn't going to snow, instead of 9c with rain and drivel.

Edited by lassie23

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe frosts, Heavy snowfall, Thunder and lightning, Stormy weather

A very wet and breezy morning.  The temperature is 10°C and there has been moderate rain fall since 8 am and it is 9:49 am.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, snow, and wind storms

Could be a little frosty tonight! Temperatures for my location may dip down to around 2-3c!

Posted

Bit damp this morning, a quite heavy shower earlier about 9.30.

On a more serious note, the temperature has dropped from 10.2 to 9.3c in an hour.The floodgates have opened howling artic winds have arrived. For goodness sake be careful out there folks. Shock to the system? Not half!!! 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Storms

Time to change the battery in my Vantage Vue.... It's on the chimney so I've been putting it off

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow (but who doesnt like that)

It’s definitely cooled down here, we were stood watching my son playing Brighton and Hove earlier and the wind was howling and it was bitter, there were patches of sun shine. We had a few sharp, heavy showers.   This evening  going to a play in a barn with no heating:cold:

Posted
5 hours ago, Surrey said:

Absolutely crazy hail shower going through now! Was not expecting this!!! 

More please!!! Wow its chilly now 

2 hailstorms today here! One was very heavy. Bit of excitement lol. Nice sunshine in between but feeling cold with a maximum temperature of 11C. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: very cold weather. Storms are pretty good too.
10 minutes ago, stainesbloke said:

2 hailstorms today here! One was very heavy. Bit of excitement lol. Nice sunshine in between but feeling cold with a maximum temperature of 11C. 

You are lucky to have it so warm, here in Bognor is currently 5C despite the home page saying we have 10C! I promise you they lie! It is perishing even the dog never stayed in the garden to chase a squirrel. I think he didn't see it though! :) Time now is 6:55pm. Really hoping for a VERY cold winter for once!

Edited by coldfingers1
update
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snowy Weather

Up early and just had a quick look at the radar returns. Lots of showers being driven south, down the N.Sea, on that strong northerly wind, some clipping into Norfolk. Later on and into Sunday, flow expected to become more NNE to NE. This should have the effect of driving some showers across our region, especially eastern areas. With the strength of the wind, temps forecast to "feel like" 4 or 5c, today. If I venture out later, will certainly be putting on a thicker jacket, for the first time this Autumn. :cold:

Just seen a recording of, "Weather for the week ahead". Should turn milder, in a few days time but also wet and windy for a while, as an area of low pressure spins northwards from the western Med.

Don't forget, clocks "fall back" an hour, by the early hours of tomorrow morning!!

Hope you all enjoy the last of BST.

Regards,

Tom. :hi:

Edited by TomSE12
  • Like 3