Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

SE and East Anglia general weather discussion 26/03/2018 onwards

Captain Shortwave

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter Snow, extreme weather, mainly sunny mild summers though.

Incredibly cold looking uppers there on the 12z for Saturday afternoon, any showers/PPN will likely be wintry in nature I would have thought, looking pretty dry though inland.

96-7.gif

96-574.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow (but who doesnt like that)
42 minutes ago, snowray said:

Incredibly cold looking uppers there on the 12z for Saturday afternoon, any showers/PPN will likely be wintry in nature I would have thought, looking pretty dry though inland.

96-7.gif

96-574.gif

Is it going to be cold in the SE?? I’ve been keeping an eye on this and I can’t seem to work out how cold it will be.  Any ideas about Friday? My oldest is playing Brighton and Hove and I don’t want to get frostbite 

I can’t get warm tonight I feel so cold and it’s not even cold 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter Snow, extreme weather, mainly sunny mild summers though.
12 minutes ago, DonnaThw said:

Is it going to be cold in the SE?? I’ve been keeping an eye on this and I can’t seem to work out how cold it will be.  Any ideas about Friday? My oldest is playing Brighton and Hove and I don’t want to get frostbite 

I can’t get warm tonight I feel so cold and it’s not even cold 

Yes cold. Max temps in the SE on Saturday of only 6/7c, the wind will make it feel colder although should stay sunny, even colder in the evening. Temps may well get a bit higher around London though.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, snow, and wind storms

Don't forget, the clocks go back this weekend!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snowy Weather
1 hour ago, snowray said:

96-7.gif

96-574.gif

Hi SR,

Yes , classic example of the "Wishbone Effect" there, on that ppn. chart!! Norfolk and extreme E.Kent could squeeze a shower, out of the flow, way too early anyway. Give us an ENE, "Thames Streamer for S.E.London/N.W.Kent, in about 6 weeks time, please!!

Regards,

Tom. :hi:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow

Got the garden ready for winter, had to do it early considering the beast from the east is extra early this year, at least we won't have to wait until smarch like last year.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

I fear it'll be a Sod's Law weekend...in the only places that are really cold enough, there'll be no precipitation; in coastal areas (like here) however, where there will be precipitation, things'll not be cold enough for any snow?:aggressive:

• Like 3

Posted
4 minutes ago, lassie23 said:

Got the garden ready for winter, had to do it early considering the beast from the east is extra early this year, at least we won't have to wait until smarch like last year.

We'll need to get Sfebruary out the way first...

Edited by Ed Stone
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms.
On 22/10/2018 at 01:17, SenlacJack said:

It's been another pleasant Autumn day here in the Hastings area with some decent sunshine, albeit hazy during the morning. Temperatures locally just shy of 16c but with just a light breeze it was comfortable enough to do some light gardening jobs.

Currently sitting in the garden with a beer enjoying a clear view of the full moon. I'm not looking forward to the forecasted dip in temperatures this weekend though, coupled with the clocks going back.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, snow, and wind storms
26 minutes ago, SenlacJack said:

It's been another pleasant Autumn day here in the Hastings area with some decent sunshine, albeit hazy during the morning. Temperatures locally just shy of 16c but with just a light breeze it was comfortable enough to do some light gardening jobs.

Currently sitting in the garden with a beer enjoying a clear view of the full moon. I'm not looking forward to the forecasted dip in temperatures this weekend though, coupled with the clocks going back.

Just looked at the moon through my Binoculars. Looks stellar (pun kind of intended) tonight!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Hot and Sunny but not opressive

Lovely Day Today, just want to skip autumn and get straight in to winter now , bring on the Snow ⛄️.

Posted

Well, well, well - that was a shock to the system: the sun went behind a cloud!:shok:

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

Some early cloud here but that soon cleared, it’s now a gorgeous Autumn day with loads of sunshine and blue sky. Went for a long walk in Windsor Great Park, lovely part of the world.

701EB0CA-95DD-4798-B1A2-96CE5A72669C.jpeg

960DEEE2-CF86-4C71-9D97-AFF2BC3D5B80.jpeg

2AF6E366-689E-435C-BDB9-4F74077944C1.jpeg

A9E41DB7-DF6A-4B6D-80FC-14D7DC3CE49A.jpeg

F7755E27-21F3-493A-8A8E-EEFAF0CA2824.jpeg

5962A6DA-0CB5-4DAF-967F-D963BFC1DA95.jpeg

Edited by stainesbloke
  • Like 8

Posted
4 minutes ago, lassie23 said:

first cold spell of the winter has gone pear-shaped already

We could do with a new thread, lass: General Model-Discussion and The Search for Pear-Shaped Synoptics?

• Like 1

Posted

I am a little confussed  i must say. All this too early talk. get the cold in first dreamland will come. Its going to be a shock to the system.... i know we would all take an ENE, they about as rare as hen's teeth. There is lots of this up in the air, firstly looking at it the smashed trop vortex is interesting. there has been no huge storms thundering away over the atlanmtic, its as dead as a dodo. (pun intended)

I have put my neck on the line before in here and will again this year. This winter will not be something different i am convinced of that. the northern hemisphere is in recovery stage from that huge ssw. to see a northely at this time is great. only a few years ago that it snowed at the end of October.....

I would prefer it dropped down to single figures now into the run up to bonfire night and then we can think about the holy grail NOV DEC 2010 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe frosts, Heavy snowfall, Thunder and lightning, Stormy weather

It was dull earlier on in the morning and it has been gradually brightening up through the day.  At 1 pm it was 14°C and the maximum day time temperature for Thurrock is going to be 7 °C  this Saturday.

Posted
1 hour ago, Ed Stone said:

We could do with a new thread, lass: General Model-Discussion and The Search for Pear-Shaped Synoptics?

I've made 20 gallons of fish head soup in anticipation of the 10c with a wind chill of 9c, bitter weekend. I hope we can get through it. But as they say in the MOD thread, get the cold in first..........and watch it stay over eastern Europe the entire winter

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms.

The last hurrah for warm sunshine today I fear, certainly for the next few days at least. Not a bad way to bow out though, blue skies and 19.3c locally, and with barely a breath of wind it felt even warmer.

10/10.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snowy Weather
4 hours ago, lassie23 said:

I've made 20 gallons of fish head soup in anticipation of the 10c with a wind chill of 9c, bitter weekend. I hope we can get through it. But as they say in the MOD thread, get the cold in first..........and watch it stay over eastern Europe the entire winter

Never mind the Fish soup, Lassie. Colette has just made the most amazing "customised", Tagliatelle alla Carbonara!!

I say,"customised", as I showed Colette how to make Carbonara but with mushrooms, onions, bacon, egg (NO cream!!)

It's a very rustic, peasant dish, from the foothills of the  Apennine mountains, above Rome. The Italians like to use "Guanciale" (Pigs cheek) or Pancetta but we find that, way too fatty and use, lean bacon. We also use grated Parmesan, sprinkled over it, rather than the authentic,  Pecorino  Romano (Goat's cheese). Sorry Lassie, no goat here!!   (R.I.P).

I got her to drain off some of the sauce for you, to put with your next Pot Noodle!! I'm in the process of arranging for a courier to transport over to you, from S.E.London!!

Quote, LAUREN

"Had the most amazing gnocchi ragu in this tiny family run place in Venice. They spoke no English, I spoke no Italian but that was one of the best things Ive ever eaten." 

Hi Lauren, made the dish at the start of this post, "Gnocchi alla "customised" Carbonara, on mine and Colette's first date, back in 1999!!I said, "gnocchi" (tut,tut) She has now taken over the Italian cooking duties and has got these dishes, off to a tee!!

She's planning a Lasagna, for next week and later, Polpette (Italian meatballs) or Pollo al Forno (Chicken baked, in the oven). Can't wait!!

So Lassie, the northerly has gone pear-shaped, has it?? It was never going to be anything other than a, "wishbone effect" northerly, anyway surely. Way too early, after all. Sure the temperatures will drop quite a few degrees, which will be quite a shock to the system!!

Regards,

• Like 1

Posted
7 minutes ago, TomSE12 said:

Never mind the Fish soup, Lassie. Colette has just made the most amazing "customised", Tagliatelle alla Carbonara!!

I say,"customised", as I showed Colette how to make Carbonara but with mushrooms, onions, bacon, egg (NO cream!!)

It's a very rustic, peasant dish, from the foothills of the  Apennine mountains, above Rome. The Italians like to use "Guanciale" (Pigs cheek) or Pancetta but we find that, way too fatty and use, lean bacon. We also use grated Parmesan, sprinkled over it, rather than the authentic,  Pecorino  Romano (Goat's cheese). Sorry Lassie, no goat here!!   (R.I.P).

I got her to drain off some of the sauce for you, to put with your next Pot Noodle!! I'm in the process of arranging for a courier to transport over to you, from S.E.London!!

Quote, LAUREN

"Had the most amazing gnocchi ragu in this tiny family run place in Venice. They spoke no English, I spoke no Italian but that was one of the best things Ive ever eaten." 

Hi Lauren, made the dish at the start of this post, "Gnocchi alla "customised" Carbonara, on mine and Colette's first date, back in 1999!!I said, "gnocchi" (tut,tut) She has now taken over the Italian cooking duties and has got these dishes, off to a tee!!

She's planning a Lasagna, for next week and later, Polpette (Italian meatballs) or Pollo al Forno (Chicken baked, in the oven). Can't wait!!

So Lassie, the northerly has gone pear-shaped, has it?? It was never going to be anything other than a, "wishbone effect" northerly, anyway surely. Way too early, after all. Sure the temperatures will drop quite a few degrees, which will be quite a shock to the system!!

Regards,

You've got me hungry now lol

• Like 1

Posted

me  thinks we due  a new tread !!!