Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

SE and East Anglia general weather discussion 26/03/2018 onwards

Captain Shortwave

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines
1 hour ago, Wimbledon88 said:

Speaking of things Italian, has anyone seen the YouTube footage of last night's epic storms in Rome!!! Absolutely awesome. 

Must be great to live somewhere that gets exciting weather. 

I expect tomorrow will be the same as today here, sunny with a bit of a breeze. Oh the thrill of it. 

Haha, you’re living in the wrong country if you want continually exciting weather, the climate here is boring a lot of the time. Next week might be more to your liking...

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow

Had the most amazing pot noodleAs i thought 9c and boring over the weekend, why are northerlies so boring these days

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow,thunder,tornados

Summer has been fantastic,went pumpkin picking yesterday in ashford,could not believe how warm it was,still in shorts and t-shirt,today has been another beautiful day,looking forward to some cooler weather though,and a nice cold,very snowy winter hopefully.

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snowy Weather
5 hours ago, lassie23 said:

Had the most amazing pot noodleAs i thought 9c and boring over the weekend, why are northerlies so boring these days

Very droll, Lassie!! :clapping:

Colette's very good with a Cup-a-Soup too, especially Cream of Mushroom, with all those yummy croutons!!

Think we're going to have to wait a bit longer Lass, down here. IMBY, preferably an ENE, Thames Streamer!!

But I'll make do with a crisp northerly for now, after the heat of Summer!!

Regards,

Tom. :hi:

• Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, snowy winters and thunderstorms!
11 hours ago, TomSE12 said:

Hi Lauren,

Yes, Italian cuisine is very special! Do you like Carbonara? But not with cream, please!! Crack an egg over the pasta, while it's on a low heat. Much nicer than those Supermarket ready-made Carbonaras, swimming in cream. Yuck!!

My mother made fabulous meatballs (polpette) but never to be eaten with pasta. Pasta starter, with a little of the Passata sauce and the meatballs as a main course with a side salad in Summer and peas and onions (in Balsamic Vinegar/Ex.Vir. O/Oil), in Winter, absolutely delicious!!

Hi Wimbledon88,

Yes, the transition from Summer to Autumn can set off some spectacular t/storms, over the Italian Peninsular. I've seen some impressive t/storms in the Naples area, at this time of year.

Regards,

Tom. 

I only like carbonara without mushrooms and the sauce. Not sure if it was true carbonara but had it tossed in egg, olive oil, garlic, parmesan and basil in Florence. Not a fan of creamy sauces. Would rather have a rich tomato/meat sauce any day.

Edited by Lauren
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

Says it’s 7C outside but it feels much colder, strangely

Posted
9 hours ago, lassie23 said:

Northerlies very rarely do it for us here anyway. Non event this time round anyway. Too early.The hunt for cold thread has returned empty handed.

LP taking over next week and maybe some proper weather finally. Rain and gales.Been exceptionally dry.Rain badly needed. Hopefully get above average rainfall Nov and Dec.

As for today,bit nippy out at 6.8c but otherwise.....zzzzzzzzz..

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...
9 minutes ago, Wimbledon88 said:

Northerlies very rarely do it for us here anyway. Non event this time round anyway. Too early.The hunt for cold thread has returned empty handed.

LP taking over next week and maybe some proper weather finally. Rain and gales.Been exceptionally dry.Rain badly needed. Hopefully get above average rainfall Nov and Dec.

As for today,bit nippy out at 6.8c but otherwise.....zzzzzzzzz..

Saturday and Sunday (up here) look like being rather showery with temps of, say, 8-9C...Has all the hallmarks of a pretty bog-standard late Autumn northerly, to me. I must be missing something...?:cold:

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe frosts, Heavy snowfall, Thunder and lightning, Stormy weather

It feels cooler than yesterday due to the lack of sunshine.  It is not dull and it is not sunny but it is a lot windier with 12 mile per hour winds and gusts of 25 miles per hour.

The temperature is 8 °C and with the wind chill factor feels like 4 °C. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snowy Weather
51 minutes ago, Ed Stone said:

Saturday and Sunday (up here) look like being rather showery with temps of, say, 8-9C...Has all the hallmarks of a pretty bog-standard late Autumn northerly, to me. I must be missing something...?:cold:

Totally agree, northerlies don't really "cut the mustard", down here. Far too early in the season, anyway. Even in mid-Winter, the long land track kills off a great deal of shower activity, the "Wishbone Effect". O.k., if you're in Norfolk, or the extreme east of Kent. In other words, those areas that lie adjacent, to a source of moisture, i.e., the North Sea. No, from an IMBY POV, give me an ENE, Thames Streamer, scenario!!

Regards,

Tom. :hi:

Edited by TomSE12
  • Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy and thundery.

A mild December? say it ain't so.. 

Posted
1 hour ago, Ed Stone said:

Saturday and Sunday (up here) look like being rather showery with temps of, say, 8-9C...Has all the hallmarks of a pretty bog-standard late Autumn northerly, to me. I must be missing something...?

According to the mad thread, there might be frontal snow, somewhere. Just not here. Though we might get some showery activity to ‘spice’ things up a bit. Should be plenty of sunshine too

• Like 1

Posted
1 hour ago, Dami said:

At this stage Dami, and with 'some' signals suggesting a front-loaded (when was the last time we heard that?) winter, I'd suggest that, 'who knows?' would be the likeliest answer...

26 minutes ago, stainesbloke said:

According to the mad thread, there might be frontal snow, somewhere. Just not here. Though we might get some showery activity to ‘spice’ things up a bit. Should be plenty of sunshine too

For some reason SB (proper frontal snow, in October being rarer than hens' teeth) I'd guess that any such activity will be confined to high ground. I hope I'm wrong!

• Like 1

Posted

Not had any fog this month yet, so no snow this winterunless the October Fog Index is a load of old cobblers

Edited by lassie23

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy and thundery.
1 hour ago, Dami said:

Well, ha, some folks think it will be windy and rainy and some are seeing cold end of december, maybe  end of nov.

Even so not pinning any hopes on some snow in December, that is a luxury. 

Not been out yet but sunny and breezy. Time to paint the model.  

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, snow, and wind storms

Has anyone seen what the 06z GFS FI does...? 2010 springs to mind, and the Atlantic Is virtually asleep!

• Like 2

Posted

Anywho, today is another stonker: unbroken (since this morning's cirrostratus layer moved away) sunshine and up to 12.5C at midday. A tad breezy though.

• Like 1

Posted
50 minutes ago, LightningLover said:

Has anyone seen what the 06z GFS FI does...? 2010 springs to mind, and the Atlantic Is virtually asleep!

shame it's so far out

• Like 3

Posted
14 minutes ago, lassie23 said:

shame it's so far out

It's 'far out' all right!:crazy:

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter Snow, extreme weather, mainly sunny mild summers though.
13 minutes ago, lassie23 said:

shame it's so far out

Yes and way too early for us down here anyway unless we are very lucky, would have loved to see them charts in about a months time though. Sods law Nov will turn mild and the usual dross in December for Christmas.

• Like 1

Posted
1 minute ago, snowray said:

Yes and way too early for us down here anyway unless we are very lucky, would have loved to see them charts in about a months time though. Sods law Nov will turn mild and the usual dross in December for Christmas.

should be called drossmas instead of christmas

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter Snow, extreme weather, mainly sunny mild summers though.
Just now, lassie23 said:

should be called drossmas instead of christmas

Yes!! And I don't want anyone sending me Christmas cards this year with snowy scenes, they are going straight in the bin!

Probably get another decent cold spell in March again though..but not in a proper winter month though.....Oh no no no!

• Like 2

Posted
1 minute ago, snowray said:

Yes!! And I don't want anyone sending me Christmas cards this year with snowy scenes, they are going straight in the bin!

Probably get another decent cold spell in March again though..but not in a proper winter month though.....Oh no no no!

lol happy drossmas snowray and may all your drossmasses be drossy

• Thanks 1

Posted
13 minutes ago, lassie23 said:

lol happy drossmas snowray and may all your drossmasses be drossy

Thank you Lass, I know its a bit early but thats more like it.☺️

Here's an early happy drossmas card for you, if you have been sent this card already I'm sorry, I will sent you a different one ok.

6140cHH9g4L._SS500.jpg

• Thanks 1