Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

SE and East Anglia general weather discussion 26/03/2018 onwards

Captain Shortwave

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow
1 minute ago, Essex Easterly. said:

19c here today! Perfect that temperatures slowly coming down to what they should be at this time of year, as long as gales and rain don't coincide with it

I want to have one final bbq before summer finishes lol

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

Things are looking so good, for next weekend, that a wee drop of hail or sleet (mixed in with the driving rain) might be on the menu...

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

Gorgeous day here, clear blue skies, fairly light winds and feeling mild at 18C. Very nice for late October. Charts showing something much more autumnal showing for next week, will feel chilly!

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow events / Wind storms

Lovely clear sky here too SB, 18/19c and the sun is still strong enough to keep some nice warmth in the air, great that its not windy too. I expect this to be the last day we will see these kinds of conditions, temperature wise anyway, brilliant day for late october! 

• Like 2

Posted

Absolutely beautiful afternoon I was in Guildford now in Gatwick waiting to go back to Glasgow but what a beautiful day its been 

• Like 1

Posted
3 hours ago, Ed Stone said:

Things are looking so good, for next weekend, that a wee drop of hail or sleet (mixed in with the driving rain) might be on the menu...

Yes never trust a northerly in October, don't even trust one in December.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Hot and Sunny but not opressive

What a beautiful day , I’m fortunate enough to be starting a weeks holiday and this morning saw the forecast for the rest of the week which looks decent in the main with today being the warmest . I decided to take the wife and kids to Richmond Park on the bikes followed by a drink or 2 by the river , last day of summer for me I think , could we get a flake of snow next weekend ?.

E8E6CBF9-0523-4E8C-BCE2-7914FB7420A6.jpeg

FF58DD97-5C5E-4A4B-88FB-65E7AA569E59.jpeg

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms.

It's been a stunning weekend here in coastal 1066 country with cloudless skies and warm with it....19.6c. Incredibly given the time of year I couldn't find a space in any of the large seafront car parks in Hastings despite having the 'advantage' of a Blue Badge. That's something I've not encountered since moving here over 3 years ago, not even in summer.

Another first for me today ( for this time of year ), I was watering my garden at 5.30pm and not just the plants in tubs, the shrubs in the border were showing signs of distress. My neighbour was cutting his grass at the same time, I'll be doing mine this week, hopefully the last cut of the year.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow (but who doesnt like that)

Another beautiful day here in Rye. Took my monsters and my niece for a long walk and it was so warm we were all wearing t-shirts. I’m curious to know if anyone knows the amount of rain we have had this month? 

Anyyhave any info on this cold snap? I’ve been having  a look around and not much is said about the SE. I love this weather but at the same Imelda it’s nice to have a slight change 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Love hot sunshine and cold snowy weather

Been away in Blackpool for the weekend, lovely sun yesterday but cloudy and rain today, however the sun came out just in time to show us a beautiful sunset view. 

B7DCAC6F-A9E3-407F-81F6-DA97A29AAFE7.jpeg

2432E68B-184B-4369-B16F-66BF51368006.jpeg

• Like 2

Posted
10 minutes ago, DonnaThw said:

Another beautiful day here in Rye. Took my monsters and my niece for a long walk and it was so warm we were all wearing t-shirts. I’m curious to know if anyone knows the amount of rain we have had this month? 

Anyyhave any info on this cold snap? I’ve been having  a look around and not much is said about the SE. I love this weather but at the same Imelda it’s nice to have a slight change 

BBC going for 9c next weekend , pretty average really, nothing special

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms.
2 hours ago, DonnaThw said:

The nearest official weather station to us is Herstmonceux and up until today it's recording a total of 22.8mm so far this month.

However, 15.2mm of that total was recorded on October 15th and it didn't rain at all here in St Leonards on Sea or pretty much anywhere else east of here on that day so for your location I would say about 7.6mm so far this month.

Boring fact I know, but you did ask !!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, snow, and wind storms
On 07/10/2018 at 19:05, bobbydog said:

tenants

Sorry for the quote bobbydog, I’m on mobile.

Tonight is looking fairly chilly for my area; 5C is looking to be the likely minima in the early hours.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, snowy winters and thunderstorms!

Really feeling the chill this morning. Brrrrr!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snowy Weather

Just had a lovely walk  to the local shops, with my wife. The weather is stunning, clear blue skies. Finally that muggy air has been dispensed to the Continent. Bracing, Autumnal chill in the air. Perfect!!

Regards,

Tom.  :hi:

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

Another very nice day here, after the cold front passed through overnight with a little rain. Feeling cooler at 13C but with light winds and nearly clear skies. 

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...
17 minutes ago, stainesbloke said:

Another very nice day here, after the cold front passed through overnight with a little rain. Feeling cooler at 13C but with light winds and nearly clear skies. 

Lovely and sunny, 11C...Whatever happens, I think we might be in for some pretty good sunshine totals. Again!:good:

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Heat, Cold, Sun

Another beautiful day. Clear blue skies and a real autumnal feel. 

Love this time of year when the weather is like this, all the colour changes with orange & red tree foliage against a bright blue sky backdrop. 

Northerly wind at the weekend with (hopefully not to much rain) and a further drop in temps down to around 9c, should welcome some more spectacular colours thereafter. 

• Like 2

Posted

Just had an amazing, Tagliatelle al Ragu (Bolognese sauce), cooked by my wife. :clapping:

*NB*. Bolognese sauce, eaten with spaghetti, is very much an English invention!! Italians wouldn't be seen dead, eating a Bolognese sauce, with spaghetti!! My Italian mother (R.I.P.) would be turning in her grave, at the mere mention of it.

This taken from Antonio Carluccio's (R.I.P.) website:

Quote - "This is by far the best-known Bolognese recipe which, to be genuine, has to be made with fresh tagliatelle and not spaghetti".

A really hearty meal, with plenty of garlic and very suited to the Autumnal chill, outside!! Would have been far too heavy to eat, in the heat of a few weeks ago. 

Looking forward to the forecast colder weather now, way too early down here, to get too exited but if it were to happen in a few weeks time....……..:whistling:

Regards,

Tom.  :hi:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, snowy winters and thunderstorms!

Had the most amazing gnocchi ragu in this tiny family run place in Venice. They spoke no English, I spoke no Italian but that was one of the best things Ive ever eaten.

• Like 4

Posted

Speaking of things Italian, has anyone seen the YouTube footage of last night's epic storms in Rome!!! Absolutely awesome. 

Must be great to live somewhere that gets exciting weather. 

I expect tomorrow will be the same as today here, sunny with a bit of a breeze. Oh the thrill of it. 

• Like 1

Posted
1 hour ago, Lauren said:

Had the most amazing gnocchi ragu in this tiny family run place in Venice. They spoke no English, I spoke no Italian but that was one of the best things Ive ever eaten.

Hi Lauren,

Yes, Italian cuisine is very special! Do you like Carbonara? But not with cream, please!! Crack an egg over the pasta, while it's on a low heat. Much nicer than those Supermarket ready-made Carbonaras, swimming in cream. Yuck!!

My mother made fabulous meatballs (polpette) but never to be eaten with pasta. Pasta starter, with a little of the Passata sauce and the meatballs as a main course with a side salad in Summer and peas and onions (in Balsamic Vinegar/Ex.Vir. O/Oil), in Winter, absolutely delicious!!

Hi Wimbledon88,

Yes, the transition from Summer to Autumn can set off some spectacular t/storms, over the Italian Peninsular. I've seen some impressive t/storms in the Naples area, at this time of year.

Regards,

Tom. :hi:

Edited by TomSE12
  • Like 1