Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

SE and East Anglia general weather discussion 26/03/2018 onwards

Captain Shortwave

Posted
2 hours ago, lassie23 said:

Seems to be a lot of excitement over errr  getting excited, in the MOD thread

I think they are getting quite giddy over the prospect of two weeks of high pressure.... Again! 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe frosts, Heavy snowfall, Thunder and lightning, Stormy weather

There has been fine drizzly rain which lasted throughout most of the afternoon.  The temperature is 15°C and the humidity is at 89%.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm summers but not too hot and colder winters with frost and snow

been a dull dank day with temps hovering around 15 degrees and persistent drizzle in NW Kent from 10am till about 3.30(not what was forecast last night!!).Looks good for next 5 days at least in our neck of the woods with temps of 14-17 for most of us with some nice sunny spells after mist/fog lifts.After that something possibly a bit colder which is stirring some in the MOD thread but i dont want any real cold weather till 20th Nov onwards as it is a waste of time down here as too early in the season

• Like 1

Posted

A damp morning and dull day ended with a little sunshine and pink skies boding well for tomorrow.  My lawn desperately needs cutting too but I won't have time until the weekend.

I'm under pressure at work to book the last few days of my holiday entitlement, has to be used by the end of January and can't be taken in December.  Ideally I'll take it when the roads are too snowy to drive to work... now where's my crystal ball...?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy and thundery.

Sunny and bright and a light breeze with a nip. 

Hoping for a misty Halloween. 

No real cold yet please. Nothing is more depressing than rain on Christmas day, and living on the coast there was a lot of that. Would take last years winter, not greedy or anything.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe frosts, Heavy snowfall, Thunder and lightning, Stormy weather

A lovely sunny day with a light breeze.  I have got my washing out on the line and it is perfect weather to get it dry.  The temperature is 11°C.

Posted

It has been quite blustery in South Ockendon this afternoon with cold winds blowing through the town.

Posted

-0.4°C is the temperature right now, could dip a bit lower before sunrise but that's the first sub zero temp for October in my location

Edited by Despicable Weather
spelling

Posted

There is bright sunshine and a blue sky with a thin cloud cover (stratus clouds or mist).  The temperature is 7°C along with light winds.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: clear skies , hard frost , snow !

Very pleasant again today - but really feeling like we are deep into autumn now , sun is so low in the sky !! Just 9c I think we might struggle to get upto 16c as forecast !?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy and thundery.

1c here this morning and foggy. Excuse to wear new jumper. Toasty warm. Loads of people in thin hoodies looking cold.  

The air is still cold but the sun is still warm.

Posted

The temperature is 15°C and there is a completely clear blue sky.

Posted

It's the 19th October. 

It should be autumn.

It feels autumn. 

Today is how autumn should be. Cold fresh morning misty morning giving way to a crystal clear blue sky day, before an early sunset brings on the fog.

We've had summer, yet winter is around the corner. Enjoy it. Life is too short to worry about it being too wet, or too cold. 

Personally, I wouldn't want to live anywhere else. Not many countries have four seasons in a year.

• Like 3

Posted

looking  at the  look east weather looks like the heating  will go  on the end of next week  temp of 11 by   Friday  then go and join the  forum  hunting  for the white stuff!!:cold:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow

Anyone scored on the OFI yet? Talk of an early northerly blast end of month which will usually mean sunny 9c for us

• Like 1

Posted

Day time temperatures in Thurrock are forecasted to lower from Monday with the lowest day time temperature to be 11 ° C and the lowest night time temperature to be 5 °C.

Posted
6 hours ago, lassie23 said:

Anyone scored on the OFI yet? Talk of an early northerly blast end of month which will usually mean sunny 9c for us

Even fog would be more exciting than this. Coming up to 7  months of almost continuous high pressure dominated weather, with just the odd blip in between. No end in sight either. Boring, boring boring. 18.8c today!!!! Like, really???? 

• Like 3

Posted

I's a very sunny afternoon.  There is a clear blue sky and the temperature is 17 °C.  

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Heat, Cold, Sun

Beautiful day here today. 18c with mainly sunny skies after a lovely autumn crisp morning. 

Stunning over the park at 8am today: 

940D3718-35FC-4D74-AF9B-04D522981A5C.jpeg

• Like 2

Posted

A lovely sunny afternoon with a clear blue sky.  It has been like this since early morning.  The temperature is 14°C with a light breeze.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: clear skies , hard frost , snow !

Another great day this is peak weather for this far into October ! 

8C96738A-95E6-4B87-9DE0-475E84ECC7FA.jpeg

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow events / Wind storms
8 minutes ago, lassie23 said:

So a northerly is looking likely next week, so expect sun and temps of 8 c

19c here today! Perfect that temperatures slowly coming down to what they should be at this time of year, as long as gales and rain don't coincide with it

• Like 1