Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

SE and East Anglia general weather discussion 26/03/2018 onwards

Captain Shortwave

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines
2 hours ago, Wimbledon88 said:

Yes, a good dose of rain over weekend. Ground rather wet underfoot now, time to say hello to autumn and then winter. About time. Summer hanging on nearby though. 

Screenshot_20181015-144347.png

Ooh, I know where I’d rather be!

Have not seen rain that heavy and prolonged for quite some time, plenty of flooding going on around here last night. Rank day today.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe frosts, Heavy snowfall, Thunder and lightning, Stormy weather
3 hours ago, Reefseeker said:

Same here, head feels like a bowling ball has been wedged in it and I've had to give up on mundane tasks:( Grey, damp, drizzly, muddy at Nonsuch Park for the dog walk and very muggy.

Tomorrow is forecasted to be a misty start with sunshine and warmer temperatures. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: clear skies , hard frost , snow !

It’s really foggy outside not surprising with a temp of 13.6 c and a dp of 13.5c , think it might be a pea souper by morning ?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms.

Meanwhile down here on the South Coast........ It's been a cracking day here in the Hastings area with an abundance of sunshine and blue skies lifting the temperature to a very respectable 20.1c locally.

Not bad at all for mid October B)

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snowy Weather

Just had a walk down to Sainsbury's at Lee Green. Cool-ish in the shade but even at 10 AM, crazily warm in the sun. It's getting silly now!! Couldn't wait to get into the supermarket, to cool down. How much longer do we have to wait, for some fresher air? :angry:

Regards,

Tom. :hi:

• Like 1

Posted

Heavy fog soon lifted smashing day, but slight smell of decay in the air on Esher common. 

JPEG image-18FE1FE3F50D-1.jpeg

Posted
8 minutes ago, Badgers01 said:

Heavy fog soon lifted smashing day, but slight smell of decay in the air on Esher common. 

JPEG image-18FE1FE3F50D-1.jpeg

Yes, it's slowly letting us know that the seasons are moving on, albeit rather glacially it feels. My son still gets excited at the smell of summer relinquishing its hold and letting autumn in. Some atmospheric fog greeted us early on dropping hubbie off at Heathrow but had cleared in time for the M25/A3 return journey and then onwards to Epsom for college drop-off. A walk along Kingston riverside awaits shortly to get some nice shots of the colours if possible. Jealous of the Esher Common pic, I was supposed to be there with the dog this morning but got an 'urgent' email from work so it was a quick trot around Nonsuch, only to get home and find no urgent meeting, just another cyber attack generating fake emails; we seem to get one big one every two weeks that is successful at the moment and yet again have to change our passwords:( Ah well, at least I don't need to hike up to Uxbridge so working from home it is:)

Edited by Reefseeker
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

Wall-to wall sunshine since early fog vanished...already close to yet another 20C+ day.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy and thundery.

Bubs  being upset about one of  the keyrings on her bag breaking lead us both to forget her coat after ninja's yesterday so I had to hot foot it to the school office this morning in the hope it was still hanging up at School. Coat found. I wasn't lying about hotting footing it either. This morning could of been a nasty summer's day. Very muggy, humid, damp and mild. Too warm in fine knit jumper and coat stuffs as it was also raining. 

16c in the garden and alexa tells me I am in buff-ford. I kid you not. 

But fear not. Hubs has surprise stuffs arriving  tomorrow. 

Edited by Dami

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Heat, Cold, Sun

Dull & grey here today, slightly milder feel than the gunk of yesterday but still chilly under grey skies. Temp up to 16c, far off the 22c being predicted by BBC. 

Pleasant weekend coming up with no rain and temps in high teens. Usable and good for dog walking and outdoor crossfit. 

Posted

Here in the South Eastern extremeties it's been another glorious mid October day with almost unbroken sunshine, azure blue skies and just a light breeze.

I spent all afternoon down on the seafront and beach in Hastings and despite now being 'out of season' there are still a lot of folk out and about making the most of the weather. I'm pretty certain we've managed to eke out yet another 20c day locally. Great for local businesses and lifting the spirits.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Deep cold
8 hours ago, TomSE12 said:

Just had a walk down to Sainsbury's at Lee Green. Cool-ish in the shade but even at 10 AM, crazily warm in the sun. It's getting silly now!! Couldn't wait to get into the supermarket, to cool down. How much longer do we have to wait, for some fresher air? 

Regards,

Tom. 

Maybe we’ve already reached that tipping point. It could be a long wait.

• Like 2

Posted

20c in Reigate, lots of sun today after early mist shuffled away.  I imagine 21/22c was hit somewhere in our neck of the woods.  Love this bonus weather and frankly would be happy if it lasted until spring.  A week in North Pembrokeshire from this weekend, back to the old place.  Can't wait.  Wild weather off the sea, extra evening daylight and cliff paths precipitous as the rain steams in with the tide and makes paths sinuous, alive and just scary enough.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

Why do I get the impression that expectations are (as they do most years, at about this time) about to outstrip reality by a very, very wide margin...?

Better stockpile the old Wilkinson's Swords peeps!

• Like 1

Posted

Ended up quite dull and cool after lunch time compared to the glorious morning - it really is mid October - getting tetchy already in the MOD thread key the rollercoaster begin !! 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe frosts, Heavy snowfall, Thunder and lightning, Stormy weather

A dull and dreary morning.  The temperature is 13°C with light S.W 4 winds and gusts of 9 miles per hour.  I don't get excited about the prospect of colder weather/snow until 2 days before the reported event.

• Like 1

Posted

Yawn. Can we have some interesting weather please. Feels like stuck in a rut for so long boring mild dross. It's autumn now lets have some fireworks or cold crisp sunny days not this stagnant sir moving down from the north s decaying weather front. 3 of last four weekends have been wash outs. But not in an exciting way just wet no wind to speak of. 

The rollercoaster is about to start. I just gave this funny feeling this is not your average winter. And no I don't want it front loaded. Let's get proper snow in Jan Ppppplllllleeaaaaaseeeeeee not.

Why do I think it's not going to be your average fair.... well the northern hemisphere is still recovering from that sst.  Weather patterns have been all over the place. 

Current weather YAWN

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, snowy winters and thunderstorms!

Honestly, after just getting back from Cuba, I'm really quite OK with the mild weather!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy and thundery.

So far this week bubs has lost a sock, forgotten her coat and after a mild panic attack when the phone rang this morning, took her trainers out of her bag it seems and I had to run to school before their coach left for sports festival.  I am quite unfit I must say, had to take a few breaths after running quarter of a mile to tell the office why i was there holding shoes. It is still very mild but a nip in the air this morning.

still awaiting 2 bags stuffs. One coming from royal mail the other yodel.

Doomed for sure.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow
17 hours ago, Ed Stone said:

Why do I get the impression that expectations are (as they do most years, at about this time) about to outstrip reality by a very, very wide margin...?

Better stockpile the old Wilkinson's Swords peeps!

Seems to be a lot of excitement over errr  getting excited, in the MOD thread

• Like 1

Posted

With apologies to those under the murk and gloom just a few miles to the north and west of here, I've just returned from another splendid afternoon at the seafront enjoying blue skies and warm sunshine.

Same as the last 3 days, from Hastings I could see the cloud sheet which has been evident on Sat24 but which has fortunately continued to skirt around the far south eastern tip of East Sussex and Kent.

Temperatures locally again nudging 20.0c. Long may it continue.

• Like 1