Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

SE and East Anglia general weather discussion 26/03/2018 onwards

Captain Shortwave

22 minutes ago, zakarias285 said:

did anyone see how fast those showers developed in normandy?

Yeah that's what we are expecting to happen, with the chance of sparodic lightning... Some more heavy rain overnight and tomorrow with tomorrow now looking like a dull and wet day too which was not meant to happen at the start of the weekend 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, plumes, snow, severe weather
1 hour ago, Surrey said:

Yeah that's what we are expecting to happen, with the chance of sparodic lightning... Some more heavy rain overnight and tomorrow with tomorrow now looking like a dull and wet day too which was not meant to happen at the start of the weekend 

that being said, you're right because this has just happened

IMG_2427[1].JPG

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: clear skies , hard frost , snow !

Reckon we might get a real soaking soon , that high level instability seems on target for our region ....

Posted
8 minutes ago, Surrey said:

Suprised at just how much has cropped up and is still appearing.. Like you so a real soaking for most by the looks of it 

Yes little pockets of instability seem to be turning into cloudbursts as they cross the Surrey Hills 

Just now, Badgers01 said:

Yes little pockets of instability seem to be turning into cloudbursts as they cross the Surrey Hills 

14 minutes ago, Badgers01 said:

Reckon we might get a real soaking soon , that high level instability seems on target for our region ....

I'm in West London first torrential rain of the evening came out of nothing 

Posted

I'm in bognor/Pagham at the moment we've had seriously torrential rain here for the last half an hour it's April for me here all over again 

Posted

Wow heaviest rain of the day by far hear now. No better sound after a long dry period than the rain Hitting the open window. Yes freak I know but I do love the sound of rain after a dry period..... 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Hot and Sunny but not opressive

Blimey it’s absolutely hammering it down , The gutter can’t hold the water so it’s running against the window in a noisy way , looking at the radar their is much more to come .

I see their have been a couple of strikes too , no suprise really .

8E5C42B6-2F13-4771-83EB-CBF905AEA191.png

Edited by Mark wheeler
  • Like 1

Posted
12 minutes ago, Mark wheeler said:

Blimey it’s absolutely hammering it down , The gutter can’t hold the water so it’s running against the window in a noisy way , looking at the radar their is much more to come .

I see their have been a couple of strikes too , no suprise really .imageproxy.php?img=&key=d8af95ed7f22db9e

8E5C42B6-2F13-4771-83EB-CBF905AEA191.png

Yep, the same here in Surbiton. We had a grey wet day in central London turning up all bedraggled for pubs and restaurants, but it's very heavy indeed tonight. I do like to listen to falling rain to drop off to sleep but don't relish the dog walk in the park tomorrow.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms.

It seems we've got off lightly rain and temperature wise today here in the Hastings area. Tmax of 18.9c locally and what little rain we've had so far has been in occasional short lived 5 minute bursts since around 6pm bst

Even now the heavier showers crossing the Channel seem to be staying just a few miles to our west.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

A big thank you to everyone on here that sent their best wishes for my wedding yesterday. It was a fantastic weekend, so much fun and very emotional. The weather was gorgeous too! Not so tonight haha

• Like 5

Posted

It has been just nasty weather here in Surrey for the last 90 minutes. Large puddles everywhere.

If only this were snow- is it too early to be thinking about snow??:)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snowy Weather

Up very early and can hear rain falling outside. A quick glance at the radar suggests we've had some fairly heavy outbreaks, over our region, with even a few sferics over Kent. That batch of rain, now moved off north. Another batch of rain now arriving over the west of our region, which was slightly electrical, in the Channel a while ago but that seems to have died off now.

Came downstairs to get myself some honey and lemon. Seem to have picked up a cold, have vague sore throat and other aches and pains. Plus have unpleasant taste in my mouth but think that is mainly due to high blood pressure medication, one of the unpleasant side effects of these important tablets.

Had the "flu jab", a couple of Saturday's ago. The same thing happened last Autumn, had the "flu jab" and then caught a cold within a couple of weeks. Of course, the flu vaccine doesn't protect you against cold viruses!!

My wife had her jab in the week, vital for her to have it as well. Colette works in a Residential Care Home, they have plenty of viruses, doing the rounds at the moment. She is constantly exposed to all manner of infections, she may well have brought home, one of these viruses. 

Think we need some cooler/colder weather now, to kill off some of these viruses!!

I'm off to sup my honey and lemon, now.

Regards,

Tom. :hi:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Heat, Cold, Sun

Soaking wet all day yesterday with non stop rain. 

Fields saturated already here. 

• Like 1

Posted

45 mm since Sunday morning here wettest period in ages. Muddy dog walks , coats, umbrellas are all back ! Watering the garden and worrying about the lawn all seems along time ago now.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

BBC app thingy has us down for a very sunny 23C, tomorrow...How many more 'one more days' are we going to squeeze out, before the descent into cold, wet and windy autumn cack takes over?

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe frosts, Heavy snowfall, Thunder and lightning, Stormy weather

Humidity is very high today which is aggravating my sinuses. The humidity is at 94%.  The temperature is 15%.  A damp, dreary and dull day.

Posted
  • Location: Saltdean,Nr Brighton,East Sussex,Hither Green,SE London.
  • Location: Saltdean,Nr Brighton,East Sussex,Hither Green,SE London.
4 hours ago, Ed Stone said:

BBC app thingy has us down for a very sunny 23C, tomorrow...How many more 'one more days' are we going to squeeze out, before the descent into cold, wet and windy autumn cack takes over?

Incredible really, especially as forecasts earlier in the weekend had the SE  in the damp,colder and drizzly conditions from today onward.The uncertain movement of the Portugese tropical storm has certainly played a part in 'buckling' the front last night and sending it packing West again.

Clear blue skies on the Sussex coast and 21c right now.Just like high summer.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow

Is that it for summer then, can I put my flip flops, string vest and Bermuda shorts away until next March?

Posted
1 hour ago, Katrine Basso said:

Humidity is very high today which is aggravating my sinuses. The humidity is at 94%.  The temperature is 15%.  A damp, dreary and dull day.

Same here, head feels like a bowling ball has been wedged in it and I've had to give up on mundane tasks:( Grey, damp, drizzly, muddy at Nonsuch Park for the dog walk and very muggy.

• Like 1

Posted

Yes, a good dose of rain over weekend. Ground rather wet underfoot now, time to say hello to autumn and then winter. About time. Summer hanging on nearby though. 

Screenshot_20181015-144347.png

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow

According to some weather models, we could bypass autumn and go straight into winter come 27th October, with snow. Question is, will it be delayed as always and turn up on the 27th of March and last 12 hours.

• Like 2