Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

SE and East Anglia general weather discussion 26/03/2018 onwards

Captain Shortwave

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: clear skies , hard frost , snow !

another lovely day such a contrast to yesterday - much better day to appreciate the new house colours.

Attachment-1.jpeg

IMG_3332.jpg

Edited by Badgers01
  • Like 2

Posted
3 hours ago, Badgers01 said:

another lovely day such a contrast to yesterday - much better day to appreciate the new house colours.

Attachment-1.jpeg

IMG_3332.jpg

Lovely house there.

Sadly, our landlords informed us yesterday that they are going to have to sell the house so we will have to move by January. Been here 4 and a half years and this was their retirement income. They were happy for us to live here forever but due to unforseen circumstances they have to sell. They are almost as gutted as we are. They said we are the best tenants they could have hoped for and offered us first refusal on buying it. I bought a lottery ticket last night.... (£550,000 market value...) Didn't win... Sad really, we love the house and we couldn't have wished for better landlords. They've even been here for barbecues in the summer. If we do have an epic winter, we could be moving in the middle of it. Not quite sure where though, there aren't many properties around here which suit our needs within our budget.

But hey, $#/! happens, that's life...

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, crisp, calm and sunny
22 hours ago, bobbydog said:

Lovely house there.

Sadly, our landlords informed us yesterday that they are going to have to sell the house so we will have to move by January. Been here 4 and a half years and this was their retirement income. They were happy for us to live here forever but due to unforseen circumstances they have to sell. They are almost as gutted as we are. They said we are the best tenants they could have hoped for and offered us first refusal on buying it. I bought a lottery ticket last night.... (£550,000 market value...) Didn't win... Sad really, we love the house and we couldn't have wished for better landlords. They've even been here for barbecues in the summer. If we do have an epic winter, we could be moving in the middle of it. Not quite sure where though, there aren't many properties around here which suit our needs within our budget.

But hey, $#/! happens, that's life...

So sorry about your news bobbydog, that must be turning your life over hugely.  Really hope you can find somewhere suitable that you like and meets your budget. Just wondering why your landlord hasn’t given you the six months notice you’re entitled to? 

Nice sunset yesterday. 

CE87B509-8A6F-4A3D-8E2A-782C1343AD89.jpeg

84C1F3C3-B935-4F56-A0DF-F40AF670F41D.jpeg

• Like 2

Posted
1 hour ago, Soaring Hawk said:

So sorry about your news bobbydog, that must be turning your life over hugely.  Really hope you can find somewhere suitable that you like and meets your budget. Just wondering why your landlord hasn’t given you the six months notice you’re entitled to? 

Nice sunset yesterday. 

CE87B509-8A6F-4A3D-8E2A-782C1343AD89.jpeg

84C1F3C3-B935-4F56-A0DF-F40AF670F41D.jpeg

They actually only have to give us 2 months notice, so 3 is a bonus really. They really don't want to sell the house and said if their circumstances change in the meantime, they won't sell. Mid-winter is not a good time to be moving house.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe frosts, Heavy snowfall, Thunder and lightning, Stormy weather

A lovely day with a 90% beautiful blue sky with a scattering of altocumulus clouds. Plenty of bright sunshine and a light breeze of 6 miles per hour.

Posted

Another glorious day weather wise with amazing visibility can’t wait for tomorrow and the promise of a bit of warmth too !

6F04C13D-922E-466B-8A0F-C5A6E7B0BFDF.jpeg

EA4FC470-5AB2-4B66-941E-AC2130611573.jpeg

5014F151-930C-4AA3-A942-F954D73A1121.jpeg

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Deep cold

Lovely clear skies today and a nice warm feel to things, high pressure close by and.........zzzzzzzzzzzzzz

hopefuly November brings Us a bit more seasonal weather.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow
18 hours ago, shotski said:

Lovely clear skies today and a nice warm feel to things, high pressure close by and.........zzzzzzzzzzzzzz

hopefuly November brings Us a bit more seasonal weather.

My weather station is saying 25c, the highest I can remember in October is 30c

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Deep cold
4 hours ago, lassie23 said:

My weather station is saying 25c, the highest I can remember in October is 30c

30 in October Lassie ? When was that. 

Posted
1 hour ago, lassie23 said:

I think it was in 2011

1st of October 2011 I think Gravesend got 29.9c as an official reading - probs quite a few 30c in peoples back gardens !!

• Like 1

Posted

25.2c in my back garden today , as warm a summer but the lowness of the sun and warmth makes it feel quite Southern California in December instead !?

7A91CA0D-491F-4A02-8D60-9E827C387896.jpeg

AD245FB8-23D1-4A05-B944-4A07FD033324.jpeg

235DED8D-5C1F-4518-BB3E-CA3F1CBE70FF.jpeg

5F0D5A65-A24E-466C-BF3A-D133240B4BAF.jpeg

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy and thundery.

A while back hubs brought me a short sleeved jumper. My. I thought. How am I going to wear this? 

Let's be honest, if it cool enough for a jumper i'd want one with long sleeves and if it warm enough for short sleeves I'll wear a tee-shirt.

So what's a girl to do?

Roll on today, as I was re-acquainted with said top  while doing the Annual wardrobe swop and i thought, you know I shall give this a go.

perfect it was.

So there you have it. I've still never found a jumper I won't wear. 

shame summer couldn't be the temperature it was today all summer long.  

Posted

Well Met Office tweeted that Northolt did 24.6C today. The warmest October day since that incredible 2011 spell when we got 29.9C on 1st October. We didn't quite beat the 10th October temperature record either of 25.6C from 1921.

The sun is now at about the same strength as it was during the beast from the east earier this year, but today with a max about 25-30 degrees higher.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Blizzards,Hot Thundery nights.
46 minutes ago, audiotech said:

Well Met Office tweeted that Northolt did 24.6C today. The warmest October day since that incredible 2011 spell when we got 29.9C on 1st October. We didn't quite beat the 10th October temperature record either of 25.6C from 1921.

The sun is now at about the same strength as it was during the beast from the east earier this year, but today with a max about 25-30 degrees higher.

Amazing when you think about the sun strength in comparison to last March and the beast.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Blizzards,Hot Thundery nights.
1 hour ago, Badgers01 said:

25.2c in my back garden today , as warm a summer but the lowness of the sun and warmth makes it feel quite Southern California in December instead !?

7A91CA0D-491F-4A02-8D60-9E827C387896.jpeg

AD245FB8-23D1-4A05-B944-4A07FD033324.jpeg

235DED8D-5C1F-4518-BB3E-CA3F1CBE70FF.jpeg

5F0D5A65-A24E-466C-BF3A-D133240B4BAF.jpeg

Incredible photos!

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow (but who doesnt like that)

. I love this time of the year it’s been a beautiful few days. It starts if very foggy here and quite chilly(not this morning)  the evenings et very cold here and I don’t like the cold 

Posted
1 hour ago, 80sWeather said:

Incredible photos!

Cheers all shot on iPhone X no filter - my partner is a pro so I often just copy his angle and staging so it’s a team effort !! 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

Gorgeous day, reached 24C with blue skies and sunshine all day. 

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

Another stonking day: 19C, wall-to-wall sunshine and a moderate southerly zephyr!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow

I see October as a summer month these days with November being the start of autumn and winter not kicking in until January.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

More unsettled here today with some spots of rain in the wind, after quite a nice morning. Not cold though, 20C currently.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe frosts, Heavy snowfall, Thunder and lightning, Stormy weather

This morning it was lovely sunny but by the late morning the sunshine has disappeared and the sky has clouded over.  The temperature is 21 Celsius and it is quite breezy with 16 miles per hour winds with gusts of 30 mph coming from a southerly direction.