Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

SE and East Anglia general weather discussion 26/03/2018 onwards

Captain Shortwave

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: clear skies , hard frost , snow !

Spent the day at Thorpe Park - really quite sun burnt!! Not sure I like rollercoasters like I used to , seemed to get motion sickness on all of the big rides must be my age !!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Heat, Cold, Sun

Another stunning morning and looks another dry sunny and warm feeling day coming up. 

Bit chilly on the run this morning. 

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

Another lovely day, barely any wind and nearly clear skies.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: clear skies , hard frost , snow !

Glorious late September weather here in North Surrey , these taken at Painshill Park Cobham.

B96607F8-20AC-477D-9B05-699A5CB5EA5E.jpeg

0D0491A5-C7C9-4CD2-8F5D-7A54D5ECD08D.jpeg

4955B93F-AC29-4973-95E6-0B040B7AF46F.jpeg

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: An Alpine climate - snowy winters and sunny summers

The overnight temp got down to a chilly 2.5C here in the Hadleigh 'hole' last night with a slight grass frost. But a beautiful day now with long sunny spells and up to 16C.

Weatherquest's Dan Holley confirming last night's minimums don't happen too frequently this early in the Autumn:

EAST: Santon Downham at -2C this morning, making it the coldest September night for 15 years, and the first time we've had 2 air frosts in the month of September since 2003 (prior to that, 1990!). In other words, it's not very often we have nights this cold so early in the season.

Coldest Sept night since....

• Brooms Barn - 1986
  • Cambridge NIAB - 1986
  • Cromer - 2013
  • Houghton Hall - new record (opened 2001)
  • Marham - 2003
  • Monks Wood - 1986
  • Santon Downham - 2003
  • Weybourne - new record (opened 1986)
  • Wittering - 1986
  • Woburn - 1986

https://twitter.com/danholley_/status/1046003708021149696

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe frosts, Heavy snowfall, Thunder and lightning, Stormy weather

A lovely sunny day in South Ockendon.  The temperature is 17 °C .  A partly cloudy blue sky. There is a light cool wind coming from the South.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe frosts, Heavy snowfall, Thunder and lightning, Stormy weather

Early this morning at 6:00 am, it was 5 °C.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Deep cold

One post in 18 hours  

Lovely crisp day again but dare I say it..........in weather terms,it is a little boring. Enjoy the weekend everyone

• Like 1

Posted
4 hours ago, shotski said:

One post in 18 hours  

Lovely crisp day again but dare I say it..........in weather terms,it is a little boring. Enjoy the weekend everyone

Yes indeed, it's mind numbingly boring for weather enthusiasts. Cloudy and dull in the capital now at 15.6c. Looks like we MAY get some proper autumn weather next weekend. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow
31 minutes ago, Wimbledon88 said:

Yes indeed, it's mind numbingly boring for weather enthusiasts. Cloudy and dull in the capital now at 15.6c. Looks like we MAY get some proper autumn weather next weekend. 

Gales and heavy rain?

Posted

Great useable week coming up with only Tuesday looking like possible light rain early on. 

Temps gradually climbing to feel decent in any sunny spells later in week as well. 

Perfect for outdoor crossfit/footy and dog walking... 

Making the most of it before the snoozefest autumn dreary rains set in. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow (but who doesnt like that)

My husband has been sent back up to Aberdeen and I was swiftly told to “stop complaining about the cold, you should go to Aberdeen then your know what the cold is like”  he has a way with words my husband. I have to say that yesterday all day And again today I’ve been cold all day, had a hot water bottle in bed last night. I’m like an old lady  it’s been a dreary day with nothing much to report. There has been lots of cloud about. Tonight moon is beautiful though.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow events / Wind storms
9 hours ago, Ben Lewis said:

Making the most of it before the snoozefest autumn dreary rains set in. 

Is that all you ever drone on about, the impending doom that is autumn/winter? Over the last week you've mentioned your dislike of the upcoming seasons at least 4 times, its getting a bit boring. I don't particularly like summer and warm weather but I don't complain about it!

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy disruptive snowfall.
13 hours ago, Snowflake Queen said:

Everyone is slowly coming back !!! They must be smelling SNOW ❄️

Snow is odourless.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, snow, and wind storms

Another cool autumn morning.

46F02204-EBC5-4281-B831-1357F5055020.jpeg

A1E5D691-977E-421B-96CE-DB92820B8EDC.jpeg

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy and thundery.

Well you can smell snow, I have a swiss friend I used to work with that would excitedly tell me she could smell it on her walk that morning. Same with thunder. Will never forget my parents talking to another family on Holiday( in this country I might add) and the guy said he could smell a storm coming and lo and behold we had thunder that morning. 

I hope the mild that's meant to be coming in will give us some mist for halloween, love mist at the time of year with the moon peeping though. Then roll up rain for my Birthday cos it always rains. \o/

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines
8 hours ago, The East has Ceased said:

Is that all you ever drone on about, the impending doom that is autumn/winter? Over the last week you've mentioned your dislike of the upcoming seasons at least 4 times, its getting a bit boring. I don't particularly like summer and warm weather but I don't complain about it!

Bit harsh. It works both ways. Throughout the glorious summer just gone, there was endless moaning on here on a daily basis and it just went on and on, which was very annoying from the perspective of a warm weather lover. Everyone on here is a weather enthusiast, doesn’t mean we should all have to like wind and rain, or indeed the same things. 

Anyway, a beautiful sunny day here. Lovely.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Posted
8 hours ago, The East has Ceased said:

Your post doesn’t make sense.

The poster above my last post also drones on about their dislike of fine weather on a daily basis and yet you seem rather oblivious to a post that’s doing exactly the same thing but choose to cherry pick my post. 

Everyone is entitled to their opinion & weather preference so back off. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow events / Wind storms
4 hours ago, Ben Lewis said:

Your post doesn’t make sense.

The poster above my last post also drones on about their dislike of fine weather on a daily basis and yet you seem rather oblivious to a post that’s doing exactly the same thing but choose to cherry pick my post. 

Everyone is entitled to their opinion & weather preference so back off. 

I was going to edit my post to dumb it down a little before I went to bed but it was too late to edit, so sorry if it looked as if I had cherry picked your post, I hadn't read many of the others but know they do this too, but it was quite annoying seeing the same statement over and over again about the impending gloom. I'm not saying there's anything wrong with people having preferences, I have my own, but I don't actively mention it in almost every post. Rant over 

Edited by The East has Ceased