Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

SE and East Anglia general weather discussion 26/03/2018 onwards

Captain Shortwave

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, snow, and wind storms

6.7C at 7:36 this morning when I left, clear day has followed.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms.

A welcome return to blue skies and warmish sunshine here in the Hastings area after a pretty dismal weekend. I spent a couple of hours sitting up on the West Cliff enjoying the views across the Old Town, harbour and English Channel and with barely a breeze it felt warmer than the 15.3c max.

Saturday & Sunday rainfall total was 26.8mm and the weekend Tmax locally was 13.7c. Some late afternoon sunshine on Sunday just about rescued it from being a total gloomfest. An overnight low of 4.5c was enough for me to put the heating on for an hour this morning, first time since early May.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Heat, Cold, Sun

BBC going with colder than last night. Can already feel the chill. 

Thursday up to 23c possibly 24c with no rain or Atlantic/low pressure bore fest insight. 

Perfect. 

Hopefully October can give us some dry warmish periods before the November rains set in. 

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Deep cold
1 minute ago, Ben Lewis said:

BBC going with colder than last night. Can already feel the chill. 

Thursday up to 23c possibly 24c with no rain or Atlantic/low pressure bore fest insight. 

Perfect. 

Hopefully October can give us some dry warmish periods before the November rains set in. 

Let’s hope so

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow (but who doesnt like that)

I have just picked my head out the door because I thought aliens had landing outside my door turns out it was just a recovery truck with loads of odd coloured lights. I was so so surprised to feel how cold it was. I know we are in autumn now but I can’t remember nights being this cold this early on I’m autumn. 

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow

The long-range ECM is throwing up some interesting charts this winter, from a Greenland high to a huge scand high that extends to Greenland resulting in two months of easterlies, Madden might be 12th time lucky this winter. Watch as he pats himself on the back and declares himself the world's greatest ever meteorologist/ charlatan, should these charts prove accurate.

• Like 7

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool clear sunny weather all year.

3.3c in Sept and down here on the coast must almost be some sort of record or very near it.

Perfect autumnish weather crystal clear skies cold nights, sunny days.

• Like 2

Posted
32 minutes ago, Badgers01 said:

glorious morning across Esher Common !! autumn is well and truly in full swing ..

JoiuQdqkRH65cpb%7NLspw.jpg

CFEvHHEWT6GdYeq%xh5aEA.jpg

QAKyH6uFSOOCz17uTmtDxg.jpg

Fabulous pictures as ever.

Your dog gets about.

Bit nippy this morning 4.2c,fairly boring weatherwise, sunny. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted
13 hours ago, DonnaThw said:

I have just picked my head out the door because I thought aliens had landing outside my door turns out it was just a recovery truck with loads of odd coloured lights. I was so so surprised to feel how cold it was. I know we are in autumn now but I can’t remember nights being this cold this early on I’m autumn. 

Neither can I and from a gardener's perspective, these cold nights are bringing a bit of a premature end to the growing season. A thin film on my car windscreen this morning, not quite ice but certainly a product of a cold night.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy and thundery.

After weeks of heat I have forgotten how to dress for cold. ?‍♀️ 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

Lots of knickers are getting wet in the Mad thread: it might snow, on the tops of Scotland's mountains, come late October!

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: clear skies , hard frost , snow !
6 hours ago, Wimbledon88 said:

Your dog gets about.

cheers ! Patch is a constant companion and completely oblivious to the weather he needs a good 4 mile walk every day regardless of weather !

• Like 1

Posted
7 hours ago, Wimbledon88 said:

Your dog gets about.

I love it perfect autumn weather, what’s interesting to you somber skies with intermittent drizzle? This year has been anything but boring for weather we went from winter to summer, then we had a long drought everything parched. Now absolutely no sign, everything’s green. Early interest for winter too! 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool clear sunny weather all year.
27 minutes ago, Badgers01 said:

cheers ! Patch is a constant companion and completely oblivious to the weather he needs a good 4 mile walk every day regardless of weather !

Afternoon Badgers01,

question, when you say he needs a 4 mile walk every day.

Can you explain why 4 miles, it is a serious  question as I have a dog as well and its much bigger  and younger and doesnt get any where near 4 miles a day.

Do you tend just to do one big walk or 2 or 3 smaller ones.

Lovely area to go walking, beautiful photos.

Edited by seaside 60

Posted
1 hour ago, seaside 60 said:

Afternoon Badgers01,

question, when you say he needs a 4 mile walk every day.

Can you explain why 4 miles, it is a serious  question as I have a dog as well and its much bigger  and younger and doesnt get any where near 4 miles a day.

Do you tend just to do one big walk or 2 or 3 smaller ones.

Lovely area to go walking, beautiful photos.

he is a jack Russell / chiaua hybrid , had since 12 weeks and from an early age he has always come running with us etc and now he is 8 its just seems that a 4 mile walk just over an hour and 15 mins is the minimum for him to settle and behave rest of day .... probs just routine , I do find smaller dogs have more energy than larger ones !!

He often has an extra shorter half hour walk in the afternoon. Living in Cobham we are very lucky that we can leave our back garden via a gate which backs directly onto Fairmile / Esher common which I love !

Edited by Badgers01
extra info !
  • Like 2

Posted
56 minutes ago, Badgers01 said:

Another great sunset this evening

A58F5FEA-89C3-4C7C-850E-CEC5AE4E05D2.jpeg

Cobham Sainsburys? Re: Garsons Farm, yes it is a lovely local institution, almost compulsory for families to go there fruit and vegetable picking and then to 'ooh and aah' at the Christmas decorations. The sweet corn has been fab there recently, and I have a little pumpkin collection for pumkin soup on tap.

What a lovely two days of weather; crisp nights, clear blue sky days, a beautiful start to autumn, even if I have gone down with a cold now the schools and colleges have gone back.

Garsons Farm.jpg

• Like 1

Posted
Just now, Reefseeker said:

Cobham Sainsburys? Re: Garsons Farm, yes it is a lovely local institution, almost compulsory for families to go there fruit and vegetable picking and then to 'ooh and aah' at the Christmas decorations. The sweet corn has been fab there recently, and I have a little pumpkin collection for pumkin soup on tap.

What a lovely two days of weather; crisp nights, clear blue sky days, a beautiful start to autumn, even if I have gone down with a cold now the schools and colleges have gone back.

Garsons Farm.jpg

Yes and yes !! Great weather last couple of days such low humidity :)

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snowy Weather

Up early again, for a cuppa and a view of "Weather for the week ahead". Some very pleasant weather, for the next week or so, by the look of things.

Certainly, chilly this morning but should reach 21c, in the London area today. Fraction  warmer tomorrow, around 23c. Then a cold front, slips south, to the east of our area, introducing some fresher air again, about 17c on Friday and the weekend. High pressure will build back in again but as it's centred, just to our west, cool days and should the sky be clear, nights on the chilly side.

Jet stream looking to plunge south, close by, meaning it will remain on the cool side, with those chilly nights still likely. But certainly no appreciable rain, in the outlook, with high pressure, in close proximity. So, a very pleasant period of weather, in the offing.

Regards,

Tom. :hi:

• Like 2

Posted
2 hours ago, TomSE12 said:

So, a very pleasant period of weather, in the offing.

Regards,

Tom. :hi:

totally agree - still enough warmth in the sun for the summer brigade and cool enough in the shade and at night for those that prefer a bit of freshness and looking forward to cooler times !!!

• Like 2