Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

SE and East Anglia general weather discussion 26/03/2018 onwards

Captain Shortwave

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter Snow, extreme weather, mainly sunny mild summers though.
55 minutes ago, Surrey said:

Wtf.. Now it looks like Saturday afternoon it's pouring down and then again Sundays deluge... 

I thought Saturday was meant to be dry... 

Yes was meant to have stayed dry until late evening, I'm not happy about that myself.

Very very wet 48 hours to come up.

I am certain that even on Thursday the models did not show the rain due today. Was meant to be a usable day clearly not..

What I am expecting with the Met office warnings this morning is for 2 things.

The wind warning will only be restricted to places East of London and the south east coasts. MAYBE the south Coast if confidence grows in this second low Sunday deepening on exit.

The rain warning pushed South and maybe one introduced taking us from Saturday to Sunday Morning then another for Sundays rain but further south.

Rain really the issue this time the wind is really really hard to forecast but will touch on it.

Rainfall totals across the models to Sunday..

HIRLAM                                                         ARPEGE                                                  ICON                                                        GFS

accprecip_048.jpg?2018092200   accprecip_060.jpg?2018092112  accprecip_048.jpg?2018092200accprecip_048.jpg?2018092200

Some big totals in there and some chopping and changing... But the southern shift deffo present!

Wind.. Arpege tightens the low on exit resulting in some very strong winds on the coast. Would not wanna be on a ferry!

gustkph_036.jpg?2018092200 gustkph_039.jpg?2018092200

It really is out on its own on this though I can't find any model that agrees..

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, snow, and wind storms

Current temp. In Bexhill, according to my fast response ETI thermometer (novelty still hasn’t worn off), is 15.0c. I’m going to play as much footy as possible today, while desperately wishing I could stay 15 forever... I’m 16 in October. I should squeeze a couple of hours in before the rain arrives.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.

Did I read that right, there's now a low today as well as tomorrow, both drenching the south?

Going the be fun trying to do stuff with mum today, she's coming down from London for the weekend.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Heat, Cold, Sun
4 hours ago, Surrey said:

Very very wet 48 hours to come up.

I am certain that even on Thursday the models did not show the rain due today. Was meant to be a usable day clearly not..

What I am expecting with the Met office warnings this morning is for 2 things.

The wind warning will only be restricted to places East of London and the south east coasts. MAYBE the south Coast if confidence grows in this second low Sunday deepening on exit.

The rain warning pushed South and maybe one introduced taking us from Saturday to Sunday Morning then another for Sundays rain but further south.

Rain really the issue this time the wind is really really hard to forecast but will touch on it.

Rainfall totals across the models to Sunday..

HIRLAM                                                         ARPEGE                                                  ICON                                                        GFS

accprecip_048.jpg?2018092200   accprecip_060.jpg?2018092112  accprecip_048.jpg?2018092200accprecip_048.jpg?2018092200

Some big totals in there and some chopping and changing... But the southern shift deffo present!

Wind.. Arpege tightens the low on exit resulting in some very strong winds on the coast. Would not wanna be on a ferry!

gustkph_036.jpg?2018092200 gustkph_039.jpg?2018092200

It really is out on its own on this though I can't find any model that agrees..

A couple on here will be thrilled with that. 

The sun and warmth has gone, an unusable day, it’s wet and cold. Apparently this is proper weather. 

Grim weekend ahead, hopefully the sun and dry weather returns next week. 

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, snowy winters and thunderstorms!

Well there goes the plan to do garden landscaping this afternoon....

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

Grotty day, damp and dreary. Yawn

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter Snow, extreme weather, mainly sunny mild summers though.

Miserable here, rain and cold too:bad::bad:

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, snowy winters and thunderstorms!

I'm off to Cuba soon. If the weather carries on like this, its going yo be be one hell of a shock to the system on my return.....

• Like 1

Posted

12.8c in the capital. 

Proper autumn day today, nice drop of rain and grey skies. Heading to allotment to do some work. Tomorrow looking a tad breezy with more rain. October next week.

Edited by Wimbledon88
  • Like 1

Posted
6 hours ago, Lauren said:

Well there goes the plan to do garden landscaping this afternoon....

Sun and temps in 20s returning next week with no rain in forecast.

Once we get tomorrow’s bore gunk fest out of the way, it should start feeling warmer again next week. 

Posted
2 hours ago, Wimbledon88 said:

12.8c in the capital. 

Proper autumn day today, nice drop of rain and grey skies. Heading to allotment to do some work. Tomorrow looking a tad breezy with more rain. October next week.

Looking even worse now for tomorrow on the GFS 12z, rain again and very cold temps for late September. No sleet though.

24-574.gif

24-7.gif

24-580.gif

Edited by snowray

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow
52 minutes ago, Ben Lewis said:

Sun and temps in 20s returning next week with no rain in forecast.

Once we get tomorrow’s bore gunk fest out of the way, it should start feeling warmer again next week. 

frosts next week

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: clear skies , hard frost , snow !

heatings on , fire in the lounge, raining outside and strictly on the box.... feels like winter !!

• Like 3

Posted
28 minutes ago, lassie23 said:

frosts next week

Means sunny warm days 

Posted

Barely a drop of rain all day, was expecting more from the forecasts I’d seen for the area. Been a tad chilly though, but I refuse to turn the heating on. Hoping tomorrow isn’t as bad as forecasted either, emptied my pond today for a good clean before winter, gave the plants a good soaking, so don't need the rain now.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snowy Weather

Wet and cool for a change, today.

Just finished a delicious Chicken Bhuna/Jalfrezi (Just had a nice kick, to it), that my wife cooked. Colette has certainly excelled in the kitchen, this week. I've certainly been spoilt, in the "culinary" stakes!!

Colette is part Indian, part Irish and with me being half-Italian, we're a right mix but it leads to some delicious meals. We call ourselves the three-I's. Wasn't that the name of Bob Marley's, female vocalist, backing group? No, evidently they were called the I-three's!!

Colette does a fantastic Irish Stew too, with mouth-watering dumplings. She has promised me some Polpette (Italian meatballs) and Basil Pesto chicken al forno (Green Pesto flavoured chicken, baked in the oven), next week. Can't wait!!

So blood-wise, we're a right Heinz 57, mix. But there's nothing Heinz 57, about my wife's cooking!! :nonono:

Looking wet and windy for the first half of the day tomorrow, too.

Regards,

Tom. :hi:

Edited by TomSE12
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow

He's at it again predicting 4 months of snow, the Met Office official stance on autumn is for a warmer than average one with a zilch chance of snow.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snowy Weather
1 hour ago, lassie23 said:

He's at it again predicting 4 months of snow, the Met Office official stance on autumn is for a warmer than average one with a zilch chance of snow.

Crikey Lassie, thought it was just me that was an early riser!!

Went through my early morning routine of watching a recording of "Weather for the week ahead", whilst having a cuppa. Last night's episode presented by Ben Rich. IMO, Ben has developed into a very good, weather presenter. 

Then had a quick perusal at the latest radar images. Think I can hear a little rain falling, at the moment but the main area of today's rain gathering, in the Western Approaches, now. Ben was enthusiastic about prospects further on though, with high pressure building in, after this unsettled blip, with temperatures, back up to around low 20's, in the London area but with some chilly nights, under high pressure. This looks like being a prolonged dry spell now, very pleasant. I've really enjoyed coming downstairs, to a cool lounge recently, after the heat-fest of a few weeks ago!!

I'm used to getting up early now, with my wife Colette. Fortunately, my wife doesn't have work today, after her very tiring twelve hour shift, yesterday. Due to her early morning starts, we're normally both in bed by 9 pm. But by 3 am, I'm itching to get up. Sometimes literally, as blood pressure medication I'm on, can cause Hives and itchiness, in general. It certainly has done with me!! But they are keeping my blood pressure under control now, after my stroke/brain haemorrhage, of 3 years ago, thankfully. 

Quote:

"Colette is part Indian, part Irish and with me being half-Italian, we're a right mix but it leads to some delicious meals. We call ourselves the three-I's. Wasn't that the name of Bob Marley's, female vocalist, backing group? No, evidently they were called the I-three's!!" The I-three's, Judy Mowatt, Rita Marley, Marcia Griffiths with Bob Marley, possibly performing No Woman, No Cry. Love that song. 

th?id=OIP.Twk8pjkCa2gb771Hg14e4wHaEo&pid

Although Colette doesn't cook corn meal porridge ( a piece of lyric, from that song), she does an excellent wholemeal porridge, "of which she'll share with me, me-ee." :D

Off to have my BP medication now, then breakfast. Not wholemeal porridge  though but fruit 'n fibre, enhanced with cashew nuts and apricots, very nice too!!

Rain edging closer, now.

Regards,

Tom.  :hi:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

Absolutely chucking it down here, there’s a small stream running down my street and it’s so gloomy, just like December. Chilly too at just 9C. Quite nice lying in bed listening to the rain, hope it clears up soon though. 

• Like 1

Posted

So yup it’s raining, managed to walk the woofs before it started, hopefully it stops before their evening run across the fields, although it will be a muddy run after all the rain that looks to be heading our way ☔