Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

SE and East Anglia general weather discussion 26/03/2018 onwards

Captain Shortwave

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

Squall passing through woke me up, noisy. Shows up well on radar

ABAFE2B2-EDB7-4998-ADED-4AB3B0F9B7D9.png

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, snow, and wind storms

Wow. That squall came out of nowhere!! Just got woken up by gusts easily above 55mph, maybe topping at around 60. Absolutely crazy sound, with the trees in full leaf. I heard a couple of crashes outside, will investigate further in the morning.

• Like 1

Posted

morning   all  i see  the  met  office not liking the storm  for us  one  bit  with high tides around our area  for sunday

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snowy Weather

Up early, to share breakfast with my wife, before she starts her 12 hour shift at a Care Home. Well Bronagh did her best to keep me awake, lots of howling and banging outside but at least she's brought some fresher air with her. :clapping:

Will Sunday's wind and rain, get a "handle"? Callum's next on the list, then it's Deirdre's turn, followed by Erik and Freya.

Regards,

Tom. :hi:

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe frosts, Heavy snowfall, Thunder and lightning, Stormy weather

I did not hear the wind through the night as I slept through it.  There are 17 miles per hour winds and 30 miles per hour gusts. The winds are coming from a westerly direction. The tree branches are shaking in the wind. The temperature is 12 °C .

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...
1 hour ago, alexisj9 said:

If anything happened I slept through it.

I suspect that, as so many of us appear to have 'slept through it', nothing did happen?

Posted
15 minutes ago, Ed Stone said:

I suspect that, as so many of us appear to have 'slept through it', nothing did happen?

My bin moved a few meters then fell over...does that count?

Posted

Hope everyone is OK after the big storm. My watering can was blown over. 

As I said yesterday, all it was ever going to be was a brief squall line and a bit if rain, 2.4mm.

Still, back to 2/3 weeks of boring non-event high pressure next week which will please most. 

Haven't checked on Sunday yet, though I dare say they will be warning me my bin lid might blow off. 

Drama.... 

Edited by Wimbledon88
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything unusual

There must be something wrong with my new weather station, strongest gust measured at just 13mph!

Posted

Was woken by a terrible crashing sound...not the wind but the guy upstairs lifting weights at 4am!!!! Which lead to me Googling "Is it possible to superglue weights to laminate floors" at 4.30am!!

I do like a bit of weather to look forward to - but to be honest a quiet  spellof boring high pressure for a while will do me fine as I've lots to do.

Looking forward to my FB memories reminder in 5 weeks time when everyone in H/W re-shares their stories of getting stuck in Asda/John Lewis/Marlow etc etc on October the 28th! Wonder if I'll ever see snow before Halloween again in the UK in my lifetime?

Edited by Team Squirrel
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

The weather is a bit better today here. The wind is still pretty strong and gusty but there are some good breaks in the cloud allowing some sunshine. Feeling a lot fresher and cooler, actually feels like Autumn now.

Edited by stainesbloke
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow
5 hours ago, Wimbledon88 said:

Hope everyone is OK after the big storm. My watering can was blown over. 

As I said yesterday, all it was ever going to be was a brief squall line and a bit if rain, 2.4mm.

Still, back to 2/3 weeks of boring non-event high pressure next week which will please most. 

Haven't checked on Sunday yet, though I dare say they will be warning me my bin lid might blow off. 

Drama.... 

A load of fuss about nothing down here, can't believe it was named, I got woken up by one heavy shower and that was it. Bins are not moved, a battered fence panel that I cannot be weeebled to fix which is propped up by a signal nail is still vertical.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: clear skies , hard frost , snow !

effects can always vary over relatively short distances - here in North Surrey lots of branches off tress, in Cobham the viewing deck over the river Mole is closed as huge tree bough has crashed into it. In Esher common which is pretty dense forest I saw numerous trees leaning over or down this at the back of my home is pretty typical. 

If it had occurred in the day time would have been pretty unpleasant !

IMG_3118.jpg

mY9iKY+iRcSGb5OMEJ9NgQ.jpg

• Like 2

Posted
1 hour ago, Badgers01 said:

effects can always vary over relatively short distances - here in North Surrey lots of branches off tress, in Cobham the viewing deck over the river Mole is closed as huge tree bough has crashed into it. In Esher common which is pretty dense forest I saw numerous trees leaning over or down this at the back of my home is pretty typical. 

If it had occurred in the day time would have been pretty unpleasant !

IMG_3118.jpg

mY9iKY+iRcSGb5OMEJ9NgQ.jpg

Similar scenes here but I live on top of a hill, so always that bit more exposed. 

Not a bad afternoon here, still blustery but lots of sunshine after a heavy shower around lunchtime.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: clear skies , hard frost , snow !
33 minutes ago, stainesbloke said:

Similar scenes here but I live on top of a hill, so always that bit more exposed. 

Not a bad afternoon here, still blustery but lots of sunshine after a heavy shower around lunchtime.

exactly and I think the warnings were warranted and at the correct level

• Like 1

Posted

Sunday  looking  interesting   to say the least!!

Posted

Well I didn’t hear the wind last night, but this evening is very blustery. Anyone any idea how bad Sunday is supposed to be, Beeb not showing particularly strong winds but plenty of rain.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter Snow, extreme weather, mainly sunny mild summers though.
23 minutes ago, tinybill said:

Sunday  looking  interesting   to say the least!!

Yes I'm thinking that too, that's turning into a Channel Low, pity its not in 2 or 3 months time, would have been blizzards for many of us around London and north of the M4 corridor.

45-21UK.gif

48-7UK.gif

45-574UK.gif

48-574UK.gif

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy and thundery.

Didn't hear anything last night, so slept though it. 

The four wheelie bins that were dumped in front of our house had disappeared.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Plumes and streamers

What’s the convective potential of Sunday?

so far this summer it’s been appalling for the south - was hoping the warm seas would prove themselves on occasions like this...