Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

SE and East Anglia general weather discussion 26/03/2018 onwards

Captain Shortwave

Posted

As a juxtaposition, I've got arthritis in all my joints and dread any downturn in temperatures. I shall miss Summer.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: clear skies , hard frost , snow !
10 hours ago, Team Squirrel said:

Aw, I spent many childhood weekends running around Sandy Lane while staying with relatives, ended up in the pond a few times.

Really gusty here today, all the runner bean cane frames are  all learning at the allotment, they've sort of become parallelograms, think a few might be lost by Friday morning.

Yes it is still a very beautiful lane lined with statuesque trees and a lovely way to enter Cobham from a Esher or Oxshott - but too many cars at times and you have to look out for speeding Bentayga’s and Range Rovers !! 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe frosts, Heavy snowfall, Thunder and lightning, Stormy weather

Yesterday was slightly windier than today but did not get a yellow wind warning.  The winds today and tomorrow are not going to be any stronger than Wednesday's.  I follow the Met Office weather forecasts for Romford as it is the nearest weather station to Thurrock and the weather is always the same rather the one in Kent.

Partly cloudy skilled filled with stratocumulus clouds.  Sporadic sunshine and 12 miles per hour winds with gusts of 25 miles per hour which are coming from a South Westerly direction.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

Models appear to have dropped the idea of a destructive storm for Sunday, thankfully. Today looks a bit grotty, it’s humid, windy and cloudy here, but warm.

58 minutes ago, Katrine Basso said:

Yesterday was slightly windier than today but did not get a yellow wind warning.  The winds today and tomorrow are not going to be any stronger than Wednesday's.  I follow the Met Office weather forecasts for Romford as it is the nearest weather station to Thurrock and the weather is always the same rather the one in Kent.

Partly cloudy skilled filled with stratocumulus clouds.  Sporadic sunshine and 12 miles per hour winds with gusts of 25 miles per hour which are coming from a South Westerly direction.

You might not be saying that later, I think the yellow is more for the squall feature later tonight, could be quite nasty... 

• Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy and thundery.

Not a normal lover of all things blowly, but yesterday was rather pleasant. I was warm enough in my t-shirt/jeans and the wind wasn't cool enough to cause annoyance. Same with today, I just dusted off my boots, but on a rain coat grabbed an umbrella and off we went. Wind had totally dropped.

That weather warning with the squall and it now being named reminded me of some of the 'better' thunderstorms in this country I have been happy to witness. They going to start to name them too?

No quotes please. If it's gonna be that bad then ok.

Posted
52 minutes ago, Surrey said:

Sometimes I impress myself.. 

The Uk Met Office have now named Thursday's Low Storm Bronagh 

Met Office " the storm has been named due to the squally nature of the cold front as it crosses the UK overnight – this could bring transport disruption for the morning" (Friday)

According the Met Eireann Irish Met Service 'Bronagh' will be given to Sunday's storm, depending on how it develops. All rather confusing.

Irish Met take on it makes more sense though. Tonight's is a squally front. 

Edited by Wimbledon88

46 minutes ago, Wimbledon88 said:

According the Met Eireann Irish Met Service 'Bronagh' will be given to Sunday's storm, depending on how it develops. All rather confusing.

Irish Met take on it makes more sense though. Tonight's is a squally front. 

Sundays low can't be named Bronagh now it had to be the letter C which ever that is 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Deep cold

So thankfully the big September heatwave never happened and hopefully we’ll now enter the long road to proper winter. It’s looking like we might get some decent rainfall this week to soften the ground and with all the wind it’s looking quite interesting. 

• Like 2

Just now, Flash bang flash bang etc said:

Storm Cronagh?

Lol Callum apparently.. 

Bro-na... Just starting to be felt here with wind steadily increasing.. 

Must be getting pretty gusty on the coast now too, xc weather showing some stronger winds edging in 

The squall line that looks to move through later I think will bring a few house shaking gusts but very short sharp period of more damaging winds. 

Peak winds I expect 9pm-midnight 

Posted
15 minutes ago, shotski said:

So thankfully the big September heatwave never happened and hopefully we’ll now enter the long road to proper winter. It’s looking like we might get some decent rainfall this week to soften the ground and with all the wind it’s looking quite interesting. 

Here's hoping mate. 

Only 4mm so far this month, bonkers. 

I guess about another 8-10mm over the next 5 days if we are lucky. 

The flipflop brigade are still about so we haven't entered proper autumn just yet. 

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy and thundery.

Yep gone from calm to windy. 

Posted

Everything moving n/ne on the radar, we will probably get a trailing front with about 3 gusts of wind and some blowing drizzle down here later tonight. Not getting too excited about it to be honest. The usual fayre.... 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.
14 minutes ago, Wimbledon88 said:

Ooh I just hate creasing winds. 

Lol, I'm pretty sure I typed increasing, my phone must have auto corrected a miss type.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...
1 hour ago, alexisj9 said:

Lol, I'm pretty sure I typed increasing, my phone must have auto corrected a miss type.

Why on Earth do they call it 'auto-correct'?

Another breezy, cloudy and muggy day...19.4C.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.
23 minutes ago, Uxbridge90 said:

Wind is really picking up now and the worst is yet to come! 

It still nothing much here, so far Tuesday was the strongest, I know it's coming though, for sure.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

This wind can do one now, it’s not ‘exciting’ or pleasant at all, just irritating. Doesn’t feel cold though, 21C currently. Models are showing that next week will cool down but also calm down, nice for my Aussie relatives that arrived yesterday to do some days out sightseeing.

Edited by stainesbloke
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, crisp, calm and sunny

Arrived home from work an hour ago and have secured and/or taken in garden furniture - so hopefully nothing flying into conservatory in the middle of the night. Wind has significantly increased in the last hour, SSW gusting 37 and only going to get stronger until peaking early tomorrow. 

Glad I’m not in the office tomo as the route in and car park is right in the middle of a forest, where ex US listening/secret weirdo base operated from.  Yesterday branches were down and I wouldn’t want to push my luck that nothing lands on the car park again

• Like 1