Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

SE and East Anglia general weather discussion 26/03/2018 onwards

Captain Shortwave

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines
41 minutes ago, lassie23 said:

howling northerly in September, any chance of sleet?

Sadly no, just bins and trees flying past

Edited by stainesbloke
  • Thanks 1

Posted
1 hour ago, Stroudley said:

Amazing afternoon on the beach, with blue sky and uninterrupted sunshine. Past 21.00 now, and temperature still up at 18.7 degrees.

Temperature still rising - now at 18.9 degrees.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms.

It's been another glorious day here with cloudless skies and a Tmax of 22.8c locally. A noticeable warm up again in the last hour or so with Herstmonceux reporting 14.9c at 21.00 hours and 18.5c at 22.00 hours

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines
5 minutes ago, Surrey said:

blowing a hoolie here! 

Here too! Very noisy

Posted
5 minutes ago, Surrey said:

Quite surprised to be honest.. I was not expecting this. woke me up! current readings suggest 31-34mph gusts of wind at Heathrow so nothing unusual just not heard a good gusty wind for ages lol!

Yes, am surprised too. Woke me up at 04:45 and I can’t get back to sleep, grr. There’s bins in the middle of the street lol. Had a bit of rain but nothing on the radar, wierd. Thought there’d be a lot more rain associated with an ex tropical storm.

Just now, stainesbloke said:

Yes, am surprised too. Woke me up at 04:45 and I can’t get back to sleep, grr. There’s bins in the middle of the street lol. Had a bit of rain but nothing on the radar, wierd. Thought there’d be a lot more rain associated with an ex tropical storm.

Yep I too have wheelie bin issues down my road lol, well she lost a lot of oomph and with that went the wind and rain a lot over Scotland mind..

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snowy Weather

Up early to take my blood pressure medication. A quick browse at Meteociel, reveals Heathrow at 6.33, with a temperature of 19c and dew point of 15c, with relative humidity of 78%, with the wind blowing "stuff" around outside.

Reminds me of a day, a few years ago, when I was working in Croydon. High temperature, dew point and strong wind. Can vividly remember going out for my tea-break and being blasted by a very warm "hair-dryer" of a wind but we were still in Summer, then. Wife and I, have had to keep our fan on full blast, in the bedroom. Can't wait for some cooler air, now.

Really looking forward to this afternoon. Finally going over to Chislehurst to see my son, who is very poorly with Huntington's Disease. Have stayed away due to a long running feud, with my daughter. We've not spoken for weeks, now. It's crazy and life is way too short. I think she's forgotten I nearly died, three years ago. I try and make allowances for her though, as she's facing the looming "spectre" of this terminal illness,  H/D, herself. My son and daughter inherited the faulty H/D gene from their mother, my first wife. My son has a really sweet nature and exhibits no bitterness about his illness, bless him. But my son and daughter are like "chalk and cheese", when it comes to temperament. Myself and my daughter have always clashed and she really is the epitome of little Miss Feisty Knickers, at the moment!! She's insisted on being out, when I arrive over at Chislehurst, with my wife, this afternoon. All very sad!! :(

I'm going to make sure, I enjoy my time with my son, though!! :drinks:

Hope you all have a lovely day. 

Regards,

Tom. :hi:

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, snow, and wind storms

Very blowy in Hastings ATM

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe frosts, Heavy snowfall, Thunder and lightning, Stormy weather

A windy morning with 19 miles per hour winds and gusts of 32 miles per hour coming from a South Westerly direction.  The temperature is  18 °C but feels like 15  °C.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe frosts, Heavy snowfall, Thunder and lightning, Stormy weather
1 hour ago, TomSE12 said:

Up early to take my blood pressure medication. A quick browse at Meteociel, reveals Heathrow at 6.33, with a temperature of 19c and dew point of 15c, with relative humidity of 78%, with the wind blowing "stuff" around outside.

Reminds me of a day, a few years ago, when I was working in Croydon. High temperature, dew point and strong wind. Can vividly remember going out for my tea-break and being blasted by a very warm "hair-dryer" of a wind but we were still in Summer, then. Wife and I, have had to keep our fan on full blast, in the bedroom. Can't wait for some cooler air, now.

Really looking forward to this afternoon. Finally going over to Chislehurst to see my son, who is very poorly with Huntington's Disease. Have stayed away due to a long running feud, with my daughter. We've not spoken for weeks, now. It's crazy and life is way too short. I think she's forgotten I nearly died, three years ago. I try and make allowances for her though, as she's facing the looming "spectre" of this terminal illness,  H/D, herself. My son and daughter inherited the faulty H/D gene from their mother, my first wife. My son has a really sweet nature and exhibits no bitterness about his illness, bless him. But my son and daughter are like "chalk and cheese", when it comes to temperament. Myself and my daughter have always clashed and she really is the epitome of little Miss Feisty Knickers, at the moment!! She's insisted on being out, when I arrive over at Chislehurst, with my wife, this afternoon. All very sad!! :(

I'm going to make sure, I enjoy my time with my son, though!! :drinks:

Hope you all have a lovely day. 

Regards,

Tom. :hi:

Hello Tom, I hope you have a lovely time today.  I have been following the ex-hurricane Hellene (and I was worried about them) as I have relatives in Wales and Staffordshire and yesterday they were in the Yellow area of the storm but woke up to find that the storm has been removed.  It's quite a windy day today but at least there will be some sunshine.   I have some young plants, I have to keep on eye, especially when it get's very windy.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: clear skies , hard frost , snow !

Yes the wind in the trees woke me up at around 4.30am quite howling - must be because the trees are in full leaf and the windows are all open - can’t decide whether to go for a run or go the tip. At least the mosquitoes are on the way out finally sat out last night and didn’t get bit !  Next doors re wilded emerald green swimming pool has been drained and the handsome chap from Falcon Pools is now here so hopefully they will re fill and chlorinate it at the least.... 

• Like 1

Posted

Barely a breeze when I went out with dogs at half 6 this morning, but winds have picked up in the last hour or so, not bad though,  sunny blue skies and wind drying my bed sheets nicely ?️

Posted

Leeds agree with your optimism but at this moment and for a few days yet everything is on the cards.. Check NickF comments on the Mad thread (swear filter) this has the potential to be bad as it includes ex Florence as she mingles with the jet stream and the the shortwave coming off Canada.

Lets hope the models move it further north but ever so worrying at this point.

• Like 1

Posted
3 hours ago, Jimmyh said:

Leeds agree with your optimism but at this moment and for a few days yet everything is on the cards.. Check NickF comments on the Mad thread (swear filter) this has the potential to be bad as it includes ex Florence as she mingles with the jet stream and the the shortwave coming off Canada.

Lets hope the models move it further north but ever so worrying at this point.

GFS continues with the very stormy output for Sunday. The model does often overblow low pressure, if it comes off as modelled then it’ll be very nasty and rather dangerous.

7B8AFC41-6F79-4519-A303-4B64AFC8D287.png

Edited by stainesbloke
  • Like 1

Posted

Definitely windier this morning than it was this time yesterday, still warm at 17c at 7am. So do I need to batten down the hatches on Sunday then? Nothing mentioned on regional forecasts yet.

Posted

Bit breezy this morning for sure, quite pleasant and 18c.

Forecast keeps dropping any meaningful rain the nearer it gets. 

4mm of rain so far this month. 

Not near enough for an Autumn monthm

Posted

A lovely sunny sky with scattered clouds. 

The temperature is 18 °C but feels like 15 °C .

14 miles per hour winds with gusts of 25 miles per hour.

Garden 001.jpg

Posted

It is quite breezy now with 19 miles per hour south westerly winds and 30 miles per hour gusts.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow

a blustery day out, if this continues into October then there will be no fog, although someone in the MOD thread mentioned that snow is already showing up on the models for next month, his username had blizzard in it though

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1