Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

SE and East Anglia general weather discussion 26/03/2018 onwards

Captain Shortwave

Posted
5 hours ago, lassie23 said:

Is that hurricane going to get sucked towards us and bring light rain to the  SE and 20 mph winds

Even if it did the forecast would change within 18/24 hours to the usual dry and mostly cloudy with the odd sunny spell borefest. 

It must be the easiest region in the UK if not further afield to forecast. 

No wonder those ladies on the SE beeb forecasts have always got a smile on their faces. 

Edited by Wimbledon88
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow
52 minutes ago, Wimbledon88 said:

Even if it did the forecast would change within 18/24 hours to the usual dry and mostly cloudy with the odd sunny spell borefest. 

It must be the easiest region in the UK if not further afield to forecast. 

No wonder those ladies on the SE beeb forecasts have always got a smile on their faces. 

I bet mike fish wished he was on the telly nowadays lol

Posted
On 10/09/2018 at 20:27, DonnaThw said:

Does anyone know what the long range forecast is suggesting( madden if your on here not from you) 

My suggestion is "No-one knows anything beyond five days, just enjoy what the atmosphere throws at us."

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

Another overcast, very dreary and boring day, weather wise here. Wish all this cloud would bog off and let the sunshine return, much more cheerful. Currently an underwhelming 13C but at least there’s not much wind.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe frosts, Heavy snowfall, Thunder and lightning, Stormy weather

It is going to be another dreich day after early morning rain.  The damp, dreich weather is playing havoc with my sinuses after this summer's very high pollen count, my sinuses have not had time to recover properly because of the high humidity. I would not mind some sunshine with an evening mackerel sky and a lovely sunset and red sky in the east. The temperature is a mild 13 °C .

Edited by Katrine Basso
Add temperature

Posted
9 minutes ago, Katrine Basso said:

It is going to be another dreich day after early morning rain.  The damp, dreich weather is playing havoc with my sinuses after this summer's very high pollen count, my sinuses have not had time to recover properly because of the high humidity.

Interesting you say that, I have been worried at how poorly I have felt all summer, especially in the mornings, with my head and sinuses 'full of a cold' endlessly until lunch time. I hadn't thought the weather could play this much havoc, yet last week in Cyprus I had none of those symptoms. Anyway, this morning is grey but not especially cold, and it looks as if we had some light drizzle overnight. Happy birthdays to my fellow Virgoans on the site:)

• Like 2

Posted
  • Location: Chelsfield, Orpington (Kent / SE London) - 115m ASL
  • Location: Chelsfield, Orpington (Kent / SE London) - 115m ASL
1 hour ago, Reefseeker said:

Interesting you say that, I have been worried at how poorly I have felt all summer, especially in the mornings, with my head and sinuses 'full of a cold' endlessly until lunch time. I hadn't thought the weather could play this much havoc, yet last week in Cyprus I had none of those symptoms. Anyway, this morning is grey but not especially cold, and it looks as if we had some light drizzle overnight. Happy birthdays to my fellow Virgoans on the site:)

Agreed, that is interesting - I had terrible hayfever this year that lasted longer than normal (although OK for 10 days in Crete!). It's been better since late July, but I've woken up today with a blocked nose that I can tell isn't illness - I think it's my sinuses. I would never have linked this to the weather!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow
2 minutes ago, Wimbledon88 said:

Screenshot_20180912-123704.thumb.png.76f1333de4f6481b6d23fc694f5dbecb.png

Heat  staying just the other side of the channel. Very autumnal in the capital today. Fresh. 

Is it only 14c today, be sleeting next.

• Like 1

Posted

lol Thought Madden had  a swear filter on here. My feeling is there is something round the corner.... the SSW has really scuppered everything and with the increase in Hurricane season really kicking in now pump all that heat into the Polar regions and watch that jet stream plummet. Look east this year once the continent has cooled

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe frosts, Heavy snowfall, Thunder and lightning, Stormy weather
2 hours ago, Reefseeker said:

I think it must because I am going down with a cold, because I am feeling colder than normal.  Thurrock is one of the worst offenders for air pollution. Heavy traffic and frequent congestion on main roads where HGV.  It does not take much for Thurrock to come to halt due to traffic accidents on the QE2 bridge and the Dartford tunnel.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Heat, Cold, Sun

Grotty, dull and wet this morning.

Chilly night coming up then looks set fair for a good while. 

Temperatures up to 22c on Sunday, not bad for mid September 

No rain forecast apart from very isolated shower Saturday evening into Sunday. 

Keep going fine weather.... save your Atlantic rain snore fest for October 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Heat, Cold, Sun

Yes please ... Look East going for dry and warm for next 7 days. 

Probably even warmer around capital 

70A17D6B-C934-43D6-A1CF-0D86299A4CEB.jpeg

Edited by Ben Lewis
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, snow, and wind storms

Lovely sunset this evening (although my phone camera doesn’t do it justice)

FD5423D3-3AA7-49E5-8CC5-CA9C6B7070B1.jpeg

E35322C8-CEE6-4D21-9DA2-EF87106DDA2A.jpeg

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny Days and a little Snow.

Storm "Ali" next week might be something to keep an eye on, once Hurricane Helene does it's thing 

• Like 1

Posted
2 hours ago, Kent Blizzard said:

Storm "Ali" next week might be something to keep an eye on, once Hurricane Helene does it's thing 

Hopefully. 

Looking forward to the start of the autumn storm train. Good old lashings of wind and rain, proper autumn weather. 

Quite warm after cold start here went down to 6.8c Now 17c.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

Lovely sunny morning here, was distinctly chilly earlier but a more pleasant 16C now. 

• Like 1

Posted

A beautiful  blue sky which has a scattering of cumulus clouds. The temperature is 14 °C  but feels like 13 °C . Fresh winds coming a westerly direction.  7 miles per hour with gusts of miles per hour.  Moderate UV 3 .

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm summers but not too hot and colder winters with frost and snow

Coldest morning for a while as it dropped to 7.8 but by 9am it felt warm and we maxed out at 18.1 here in Locksbottom.A beautiful day with a few fluffy clouds buiding up around lunchtime but pretty much wall to wall sunshine today.Could be summers last hurrah next week with temps in the low to mid 20s.Happy days and my type of weather

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Deep cold
9 hours ago, Bogman said:

Off to Florida on Saturday.

Looking forward to seeing a storm or two.

Have a great holiday