Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

SE and East Anglia general weather discussion 26/03/2018 onwards

Captain Shortwave

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: clear skies , hard frost , snow !

Yes up early today and very atmospheric dog walk - fresh and an Autumn morning undeniably 

8ECEA337-E78A-4B7A-B3DF-AE54D72D17DD.jpeg

• Like 6

Posted
14 minutes ago, Badgers01 said:

Yes up early today and very atmospheric dog walk - fresh and an Autumn morning undeniably 

8ECEA337-E78A-4B7A-B3DF-AE54D72D17DD.jpeg

Fabulous picture mate. Classic autumn scene.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe frosts, Heavy snowfall, Thunder and lightning, Stormy weather

I wonder if having a hot summer improves or worsens the chances of a cold winter or there more other factors that play in getting colder temperatures in winter.

• Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe frosts, Heavy snowfall, Thunder and lightning, Stormy weather

There is a cloudy sky and the sky is filled with stratocumulus clouds and altocumulus clouds. The temperature is 13 °C and the UV index is 0.  

Posted

Interesting outlook for end of week and weekend from Met. Heavy rain at times followed by heavy showers and sunny spells also, we may get some convective activity, be a nice change. Ground drying up again quite rapidly so its needed. 

• Like 1

Posted
5 hours ago, Katrine Basso said:

I wonder if having a hot summer improves or worsens the chances of a cold winter or there more other factors that play in getting colder temperatures in winter.

Watched a video the other day where they showed historical charts about winters that followed summers which were similar to this summer. There were wild swings from cold to mild, so no real trend was seen based on history. It seems the summer patterns themselves don’t matter too much, but I’m sure there must be something in it

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Deep cold
26 minutes ago, James Gold said:

Watched a video the other day where they showed historical charts about winters that followed summers which were similar to this summer. There were wild swings from cold to mild, so no real trend was seen based on history. It seems the summer patterns themselves don’t matter too much, but I’m sure there must be something in it

The only probem is the northern hemisphere has been so abnormaly hot because of global warming artic sea ice is at an all time historic low, so getting a build up of frigid winter air could soon be a thing of the past. Time will tell. 

• Like 2

Posted
6 hours ago, shotski said:

The only probem is the northern hemisphere has been so abnormaly hot because of global warming artic sea ice is at an all time historic low, so getting a build up of frigid winter air could soon be a thing of the past. Time will tell. 

Plus the warmer than normal waters to the south and west of these islands may give extra energy to any incoming storms. 

• Like 1

Posted

Does the radar not cover us here in Halesworth? Been constant rain for the last two hours but radar shows nothing! Wet morning, 15c and gloomy. Glad I cut the front lawn yesterday as I was going to do it today. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy and thundery.

mission this week is to buy new coat, a couple of new jumpers and write a list for some christmas stuff I have seen. Hubs is paying.

cool and cloudy start to the school run. yay here we go again.

Posted

Gutted! I've had no holiday this year as life has been a bit hectic/expensive, so I booked a Dorset campsite for this weekend a few days ago. But the forecast has changed since then and a warm settled spell has vanished...sob!

Don't know whether the cancel or not...weather is not looking great but not looking terrible either

Edited by Team Squirrel

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...
5 hours ago, Blazerblue said:

Does the radar not cover us here in Halesworth? Been constant rain for the last two hours but radar shows nothing! Wet morning, 15c and gloomy. Glad I cut the front lawn yesterday as I was going to do it today. 

Aye, BB, an utter crapster of a day: rain/drizzle all morning and a horrible mizzly greyness ever since!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

Quite a nice day here, plenty of hazy sunshine, light winds and currently 21C. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Location: North of Steyning - West Sussex - some 10 miles south of Horsham
  • Location: North of Steyning - West Sussex - some 10 miles south of Horsham

The xmas forecast has kicked off at TWO.  The winter is expected to be on the nippy side, increasing the chance of snow at xmas. Looking forward to some beasterly flakes, lol.

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy and thundery.

quite warm out actually.  A little too warm for jeans.

Month long panic now as bubs is doing romans at school and needs a roman outfit. for roman day. Considering the drawing on the class room looked  like a viking ship and hubs and me guessed that as the topic.

we did well there then. 

Edited by Dami

Posted

It has been raining since 3pm (which was not forecasted) and it has just stopped approx 17:12. The rain has been fine and persistent.

Posted

It has started to rain again (but more heavily this time) and the Met Office says that the only rain there is near the coast but I live and it says that is only 10% chance of precipitation.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun in summer, Snow in Winter

Been a thoroughly miserable wet/ damp day in the Thames Estuary. Rain on and off all day. Looks like a small depression  developed and remains stationary over the area ( about 70 miles in diameter ). Rain today map shows it rotating nicely.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, snowy winters and thunderstorms!

I absolutely hate days like this. Reminds me of the descent into winter and it's the longest time to wait until summer returns.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Heat, Cold, Sun
1 hour ago, Lauren said:

I absolutely hate days like this. Reminds me of the descent into winter and it's the longest time to wait until summer returns.

I feel your pain Lauren. 

Although today was still pleasant with warm sunshine at times, no doubt the downhill decent into mild Atlantic muck feels upon us. 

Months of heavy rain and reduced daylight hours will please a few on here (proper weather apparently) whilst I’m trying to block that out with the thought of a snowy Jan/Feb and the start of spring in early April. 

Lets hope 2019 gives us another beautiful summer with warm/hot sunny days. 

You never know, end of September could still deliver before the Atlantic mild grey gunk moves in. 30c reached in 2011 

Edited by Ben Lewis