Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

SE and East Anglia general weather discussion 26/03/2018 onwards

Captain Shortwave

Posted
3 hours ago, Pixel said:

Lots of lightning and thunder in Stevenage, just north of here.

Looks good on the radar too

Certainly was great hail .waited all summer for that.  Thunder  hail rain wind!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

Well, summer is over here, cold and wet. A joyous 6 months+ of foulness to come, can’t wait!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Surprises
9 minutes ago, stainesbloke said:

Well, summer is over here, cold and wet. A joyous 6 months+ of foulness to come, can’t wait!

Oh ye of little faith - fear not, the warmth will come again

briefly ... but it will before the end of Summer 

MT8_London_ens.png

Edited by Pixel
pic
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines
51 minutes ago, Pixel said:

Oh ye of little faith - fear not, the warmth will come again

briefly ... but it will before the end of Summer 

MT8_London_ens.png

A sunny and warm September would be lovely. Fingers crossed!

Hi Gang not been on in a while been sorting out college and work..

NVQ Level 1 in Carpentry and Joinery starts in September 

Dad is paying his carpenters in London over £300 a day currently with the cost of skilled workers expected to massively rise in the next 10 years because nobody wants to do it anymore according to my college.

I don't plan to go down the joinery route but more construction carpentry so steel work stud walls controlled demolition etc. 

Back to weather turned out quite wet yesterday evening.. Could be quite a wet and rough day tomorrow could be quite windy for a few hours well for the time of year..

Netweather NMM Image Netweather NMM ImageNetweather NMM Image

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, snow, and wind storms

I’m really looking forward to Tuesday. This is because I am hopefully getting my fast-response probe thermometer from Amazon! That means I can make inside/outside temperature recordings of my own!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Over 18C please!

Woke up cold in the night, had to get up and get the quilt out! Bit early in the year for that - plus c/heating turned itself on this morning.

Overnight low of 7.5 in the greenhouse is a bit of a surprise forecasts are for 'possibly' lower tonight though :(

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.

It rained for a good few hours last night, roughly between 8-11. No thunder with it, and seemed rather persistent as apposed to showers

• Like 1

Posted

Nice sunny skies this morning here now giving way to yucky infill and feeling pretty cool at just 17C. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow
On 24/08/2018 at 09:27, Team Squirrel said:

First chilly evening up the allotment yesterday evening, sat there with several gardeners and the odd robin discussing when it's no longer feasable to work on the allotment after work, the general consensus is that time is 4 weeks today. Makes me sad! I'm usually the first one to look forward to those hazy autumn days but this year I'm, dreading the dark evenings. I don't watch TV dramas and going into town is horrible these days so I don't have anything to do on dark evenings...apart from annoy the boyfriend when he's trying to play Elite Dangerous

The lengthy heatwave has meant that for those who planted pumpkins at the earliest opportunity are seeing them ripen now. I don't quite know where I'm going to store 8 pumpkins for 8 weeks..especially as I don't know where I'll be living in 8 weeks!

The other thing I have noticed is the size of the acorns this year - like acorns on steroids, I'll photograph them tomorrow.

is your town centre not safe?

Edited by lassie23

Not a very pleasant day coming up and very un-seasonal weather..Something more like October/November later with the strength of the wind.. 

Rain will also be very heavy at times... 

Wind first..

Netweather NMM ImageNetweather NMM ImageNetweather NMM Image

Net weather model has notched the gusts up slightly on the last ones I posted.. Looks like it could nudge 50mph on the coasts 40-45mph inland while nothing unusual in the sense that we get much stronger winds here, its the time of year that is important. Trees are in full leaf and with the recent dry weather trees are more brittle because they loose some of their "flexiness". The recent rain has helped ever so slightly...

gustkph_015.jpg?2018082600 gustkph_018.jpg?2018082600gustkph_021.jpg?2018082600

Rain

preciprate_012.jpg?2018082600preciprate_014.jpg?2018082600preciprate_016.jpg?2018082600preciprate_018.jpg?2018082600preciprate_020.jpg?2018082600

Precipitation EURO4 Su 26.08.2018 12 GMTPrecipitation EURO4 Su 26.08.2018 15 GMTPrecipitation EURO4 Su 26.08.2018 18 GMTPrecipitation EURO4 Su 26.08.2018 21 GMT

overview_012.jpg?2018082600 overview_015.jpg?2018082600overview_018.jpg?2018082600

Possibly quite squally on the back edge as it clears???

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy winters, warm springs, hot summers, warm then stormy autumn

Interesting contrails (?) under the night sky over Westminster last night. Took this around 10pm

ED6C4AA8-7A9A-4077-905A-3F6224C6AC90.jpeg

Edited by CheesepuffScott

Posted
20 hours ago, lassie23 said:

is your town centre not safe?

It used to be a pretty good place in the 90's but for various reasons it's becoming a bit of a soulless dump. I don't even like it in the daytime, I've been abused and followed by aggressive beggars, many not local. Some poor nurse was killed sitting on a bench at lunchtime when she inadvertently found herself in the middle of a drug feud and got splashed with acid. I go shopping to Windsor now and don't go out into town in the evenings anymore. (to be fair, there's nowhere to go, the town has been successfully sanitised of dancing and music...unless you like theatre and I don't!)

Anyway, here are the mega acorns from my allotment! (with £1 coin for scale). Perfect allotment weather yesterday but don't think I'll be digging today!

I went to my Dad's yesterday evening but left the windows open as I had washing drying. When I got home after dark..the HEATING had come on! Brrrrr!!!

IMG_1471.JPG

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, snow, and wind storms

Don’t quote me on this, but don’t unusually large acorns signify a cold, harsh winter? Or is that just me hopecasting?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow
On 25/08/2018 at 00:25, stainesbloke said:

i need a hot spell in september for the sake of my melons

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted

Yesterday evolved into a pleasant enough afternoon to host my birthday party in the garden; there were some heavy grey clouds when it felt cooler, but overall it was sunny and warm with some people taking refuge in the shade when the heat got too much:) This followed a Friday night that saw the heating come on filling the house with the smell of warmed-up dust plus putting on the winter quilt, as per @interested & confused. Today is full-on autumn, but I'm still holding out hope for a warm or very warm September spell. If all else fails, I'm off to Cyprus in a week 

Edited by Reefseeker
  • Like 3

Posted
48 minutes ago, lassie23 said:

hot weather always brings out the melons...

• Thanks 1

Posted
1 hour ago, lassie23 said:

Same for my plums

• Thanks 1

Posted

Atrocious day here, cold (13C), sopping wet and windy. Late October weather in late August ain’t much fun.

Edited by stainesbloke
  • Like 2

Posted

Nasty

243C4875-43F7-46BC-A6FC-298325ECB659.jpeg

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, snowy winters and thunderstorms!

I absolutely detest this weather at this time of year. I can accept it when it's November but I should still be basking in sun. Instead I'm sat under a bloody blanket!

• Like 3

Posted
1 minute ago, Lauren said:

I absolutely detest this weather at this time of year. I can accept it when it's November but I should still be basking in sun. Instead I'm sat under a bloody blanket!

Agreed. This is about as bad as it could get. It’s now 14C at 2pm, disgusting.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

A high of 15c before the rain appeared. A truly vile summers day.

• Like 2

Posted

So am I the only one with the doors to the garden still open ? Admittedly I’m wearing a jumper today, but I’m not that cold. Light rain for a couple of hours now, the heavy stuff seems to die off before getting here. 

• Like 2