Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

SE and East Anglia general weather discussion 26/03/2018 onwards

Captain Shortwave

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines
Just now, Badgers01 said:

yep we are on a sloping plot that is the top and it tiers down to the house !! 

Wow, that’s a park, not a garden! Looks great, is it hard to maintain?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines
4 minutes ago, James Gold said:

In France today with clear skies, and mars, Saturn, the moon, Jupiter and Venus are all in a perfect arc across the sky 

Fantastic. Are you in a part of France that doesn’t have much light pollution? The night skies are certainty beautiful the moment (when you can actually see them). Might get the telescope out tonight.

Edited by stainesbloke

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: clear skies , hard frost , snow !
15 minutes ago, stainesbloke said:

Wow, that’s a park, not a garden! Looks great, is it hard to maintain?

thanks, it is very nice we have quite a few tress with TPO's on them so we can't just go cutting everything back - it is a huge task planting and mowing etc which I am presently happy to do myself but that might change !! 

• Like 1

Posted
59 minutes ago, Badgers01 said:

thanks, it is very nice we have quite a few tress with TPO's on them so we can't just go cutting everything back - it is a huge task planting and mowing etc which I am presently happy to do myself but that might change !! 

It’s nice to have some mature trees, beautiful. I bet it’s hard work, do you have one of those ride on mowers lol

• Like 1

Posted
2 hours ago, stainesbloke said:

Fantastic. Are you in a part of France that doesn’t have much light pollution? The night skies are certainty beautiful the moment (when you can actually see them). Might get the telescope out tonight.

The partial moon looks beautiful tonight, low in the sky and orangey coloured. I would echo the sentiments about what a lovely day it has been. We walked along the river to Kingston and it was perfect sunny conditions with a light warm breeze; this evening was so pleasant after the gym at 8.30 that we took the dog out for a nice long walk at sunset - it was so warm it took him an hour to cool down bless him (that's frenchies for you).

Edited by Reefseeker
  • Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snowy Weather

Up really early again, to escape the muggy air in the bedroom, despite our fan being on full blast. It's no wonder looking at the current dew points.

Nigh on 16c, in the area. Really can't wait for the forecast fresher air to reach us, at the end of the week!! Hope the forecasts don't backtrack, on that.

Roll on Autumn, as far as I'm concerned. 

Going to sit under a fan and do some more work, on my "Fantasy" Competitions.

Regards,

Tom. :hi:

Edited by TomSE12
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted
9 hours ago, stainesbloke said:

It’s nice to have some mature trees, beautiful. I bet it’s hard work, do you have one of those ride on mowers lol

!! No ride on mower just an electric one which has batteries and you charge so it’s quite light but powerful ...! 

• Like 1

Posted
16 minutes ago, Badgers01 said:

!! No ride on mower just an electric one which has batteries and you charge so it’s quite light but powerful ...! 

Good work out for you! 

• Thanks 1

Posted
8 hours ago, Reefseeker said:

The partial moon looks beautiful tonight, low in the sky and orangey coloured. I would echo the sentiments about what a lovely day it has been. We walked along the river to Kingston and it was perfect sunny conditions with a light warm breeze; this evening was so pleasant after the gym at 8.30 that we took the dog out for a nice long walk at sunset - it was so warm it took him an hour to cool down bless him (that's frenchies for you).

Was a beautiful evening in our part of the world last night - the breeze and the clear skies was a real Costa del Cobham evening !!

Edited by Badgers01
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow
13 hours ago, stainesbloke said:

Are you allowed to take those on the M25

• Thanks 1

Posted
39 minutes ago, lassie23 said:

Are you allowed to take those on the M25

Of course!

• Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow (but who doesnt like that)

I’ve just popped over to the mod thread, it’s scary to hear them talking about the weather turning autumnal. It doesn’t seem like it was that long ago we had snow. The summer seems to have flown by that I feel like we haven’t even had one even though it has been a unusually hot one. The nights are drawing in, the kids holidays are nearly over. What is going on????

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow
8 minutes ago, DonnaThw said:

I’ve just popped over to the mod thread, it’s scary to hear them talking about the weather turning autumnal. It doesn’t seem like it was that long ago we had snow. The summer seems to have flown by that I feel like we haven’t even had one even though it has been a unusually hot one. The nights are drawing in, the kids holidays are nearly over. What is going on????

it's awful. need to stop time, not ready for long nights, wish we could have daylight up to 10pm all winter.

Edited by lassie23

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, snow, and wind storms
Just now, lassie23 said:

it's awful. need to stop time, not ready for dark nights 

But dark nights equate to lamp-post watching!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...
24 minutes ago, DonnaThw said:

I don't think I'll bother too much with what's in the MAD thread, Donna; a day-or-three's cooler weather does not an autumn make!:D

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy and thundery.

It can do anything apart from being 32c again and 80mph winds. Other than that I have a rain coat or a cardie.

Cloudy, rainy looking.

Having to make Bird suet cake, a bird bath a bird feeder and a rain gauge, for a brownie badge.

Hoorah.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy and thundery.

chucking it down.

Posted

Reasonable day here, some sunny spells but rather a lot of cloud, too. Currently pleasantly warm at 24C with moderate WSW’ly winds.

Posted
5 hours ago, lassie23 said:

my hazelnut tree is telling me that winter will be mild

Can you ask it what the score will be in the Palace v Liverpool game?

• Thanks 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, snowy winters and thunderstorms!
33 minutes ago, Wimbledon88 said:

Can you ask it what the score will be in the Palace v Liverpool game?

2-0 to Liverpool.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Ummm...... it was warm outside but aside from that the weather has been blander than dry toast.