Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

SE and East Anglia general weather discussion 26/03/2018 onwards

Captain Shortwave

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: 22-38C in summer with storms, cold in winter with some snow/or 15-25C
7 hours ago, Ben Lewis said:

Foul day. 

Strange reading those praising a November like day in August when you have 6 months of it coming up. 

23c on Friday and 25c at the weekend with no rain - that’s better at least. A useable weekend for us week workers. 

Massive recovery of yellow grass and vegetation - as I said weeks ago to those having a panic attack because their lawn isn’t green, nature will balance out.

Much preferred that yellow grass, yellow is my favourite colour and it made for some great photos against the landscapes, moreover it fits the vibe of summer more, after all the grass is always green in the other 9 months and in normal summers. Also for walking in the countryside, dust<mud anyday.

Back to boring nothingness from here on out. With that said no complaints about 2018 weather wise, 26th Feb-Last Tuesday was a truly fascinating period of weather.

Edited by 95 Degrees
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Deep cold

Thank goodness the sun seems to be out this morning and I looks set fair for several days. I can’t believe it was actually cloudy and rained yesterday, and for the second time this week!!!! if the rest of summer and September isn’t 30+ and blue skies I’d definitely consider emigrating to the Congo. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snowy Weather

Lovely chill air, in the bedroom this morning!! No, the missus didn't have the hump. Legs felt so cold, had to resort to putting pyjama bottoms on (Sorry, a bit TMI, there). Still had to have bedroom fan on though, as felt very warm initially, last night. The accumulated heat taking for an age, to disperse.

Regards,

Tom. :hi:

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines
55 minutes ago, shotski said:

Thank goodness the sun seems to be out this morning and I looks set fair for several days. I can’t believe it was actually cloudy and rained yesterday, and for the second time this week!!!! if the rest of summer and September isn’t 30+ and blue skies I’d definitely consider emigrating to the Congo. 

The maturity and good humour in this thread never ceases to amaze.

Meanwhile, a sunny and quite chilly start to the day here.

Posted

Packing up the flat ready to go as we exchange in a couple of weeks. Still can't find anywhere to rent or buy with weeks to go which is quite frightening, do the government understand how much inflated house prices affect the quality of life for ordinary folk?. Good lord, the cr*p you find in cupboards..were did that Norwegian troll tooth-pick holder come from????? And why have we taken on a second allotment when we're so busy??

Anyway, it's a lovely day...perfect for doing this sort of thing - fair and 20.c. There's an autumnal feel to the mornings now. Anyone have any thoughts about how  early September will pan out weatherwise?I do wonder what winter will be like, we've had some extremes this year for sure.

Here's my Emir musk  melon btw, unsure when it will be ripe but leaving it till it gets a bit more of a rough skin.

Back to it...pthttthtththh.

IMG_1447.JPG

• Like 2

Posted
5 hours ago, shotski said:

The Congo!!

Try Bognor mate,just as sunny and much safer.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow (but who doesnt like that)

I had to close my bedroom doors last night I was so cold. I woke up come as well. I do like warm days and cold nights.i think it’s starting to feel autumnal 

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: clear skies , hard frost , snow !

Not a bad day again a typical cloudy humid August day - bit of blue sky now - did I read somewhere that we might be getting good sunsets in the next couple of days because of the USA wildfire smoke wrapped up in former TS Ernesto ??

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.

Don't know why but my house actually got hotter last night, think maybe a bit of humidity has come from somewhere, may as well still be 30 out. At least outside is usable.

Posted
5 hours ago, Wimbledon88 said:

The Congo!!

Try Bognor mate,just as sunny and much safer.

Bognor !!! I might just do that, love butlins and the footy tournaments down there. Turned out a nice day today perfect British summertime weather, certainly nothing to cry about.  

Edited by shotski

Posted
3 hours ago, alexisj9 said:

Don't know why but my house actually got hotter last night, think maybe a bit of humidity has come from somewhere, may as well still be 30 out. At least outside is usable.

It did get very warm last night, woke up in a right old sweat  

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow
9 hours ago, Team Squirrel said:

Packing up the flat ready to go as we exchange in a couple of weeks. Still can't find anywhere to rent or buy with weeks to go which is quite frightening, do the government understand how much inflated house prices affect the quality of life for ordinary folk?. Good lord, the cr*p you find in cupboards..were did that Norwegian troll tooth-pick holder come from????? And why have we taken on a second allotment when we're so busy??

Anyway, it's a lovely day...perfect for doing this sort of thing - fair and 20.c. There's an autumnal feel to the mornings now. Anyone have any thoughts about how  early September will pan out weatherwise?I do wonder what winter will be like, we've had some extremes this year for sure.

Here's my Emir musk  melon btw, unsure when it will be ripe but leaving it till it gets a bit more of a rough skin.

IMG_1447.JPG

impressive melons there team squirrel

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow
14 hours ago, shotski said:

i bet the good people of the congo have impressive melons

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines
10 hours ago, Team Squirrel said:

IMG_1447.JPG

That’s a big ‘un! Not ripe yet, though. Reckon another week or so should do it, especially if we get more warm/sunny weather. Hope you manage to find somewhere to live soon, do you have a place to stay at friends or family in case you don’t? 

Posted

Up early with the wife, to have breakfast with her before she set off for a twelve hour shift, at a Care Home, in Chislehurst.

We both remarked and rejoiced in how dark it still was, at 5.30 a.m. We refer to ourselves as, The Addams Family!! :D

Actually and perhaps somewhat, worryingly, Colette does bear a resemblance to Morticia!! :D

gomez-and-morticia.jpg

And no, I don't look like Gomez, thank you!! :nonono:

PS. Also noticed the lack of a Dawn Chorus, after being woken up at 4 am or so by birdsong, for weeks!!

Regards,

Tom:hi:

Edited by TomSE12
  • Like 2

Posted
1 hour ago, TomSE12 said:

Up early with the wife, to have breakfast with her before she set off for a twelve hour shift, at a Care Home, in Chislehurst.

We both remarked and rejoiced in how dark it still was, at 5.30 a.m. We refer to ourselves as, The Addams Family!! :D

Actually and perhaps somewhat, worryingly, Colette does bear a resemblance to Morticia!! :D

gomez-and-morticia.jpg

And no, I don't look like Gomez, thank you!! :nonono:

PS. Also noticed the lack of a Dawn Chorus, after being woken up at 4 am or so by birdsong, for weeks!!

Regards,

Tom:hi:

I might own up to Uncle Fester though, when I used to have my hair clipped off!! :D

17 Best images about Uncle Fester on Pinterest | Coats ...

Although being half-Italian, you can call me, Montalbano, that's ok!!

th?id=OIP.zmr5GUFvYJhg-ez4t-njqAHaHa&pid

Meanwhile, on the weather front, after a comfortable night in the bedroom, feels like it's starting to get muggy again??

Regards,

Tom.  :hi:

• Like 1

Posted

Today’s weather: boring/dreary

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extremes!

'Meh' 

That is all I can say about this weekend! Looking to be a tad breezy tomorrow. I'm longing for those warm sunny days now!

Posted
20 minutes ago, Djdazzle said:

Yep and zero chance of any sun today or tomorrow.

Can hardly contain my excitement. Who wants vitamin D, anyway? So overrated

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

The sun has broken through a little bit now. Hopefully this will raise the temperatures a little bit.

Posted
10 minutes ago, Captain Shortwave said:

The sun has broken through a little bit now. Hopefully this will raise the temperatures a little bit.

Send it this way!