Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

SE and East Anglia general weather discussion 26/03/2018 onwards

Captain Shortwave

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Deep cold

Not a bad day here with temperatures about 21-22 degrees, mostly cloud but occasionally the sun would come out to warm the cockles. 

Mornings starting to get dark and more Daddy long legs making an appearance

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow
38 minutes ago, shotski said:

Not a bad day here with temperatures about 21-22 degrees, mostly cloud but occasionally the sun would come out to warm the cockles. 

Mornings starting to get dark and more Daddy long legs making an appearance

snow coming shots, get your garden ready

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snowy or sunny but not too hot!

Good Evening Everyone,

Re last Friday's thunderstorms, I thought you may wish to read the article I have attached from my local newspaper's website.

https://www.essexlive.news/news/essex-news/ball-fire-spotted-floating-outside-1902507

Kind Regards

Dave

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

Looks like a lovely day for those worrying about lack of rain

Posted
1 hour ago, stainesbloke said:

Looks like a lovely day for those worrying about lack of rain

Yes indeed. Very autumnal this morning. Even quite bracing in the wind. Just shows we can have all sorts of weather in space of a few weeks. Hopefully some big heavy downpours after the rain band but I doubt it unfortunately.

Edited by Wimbledon88
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines
6 minutes ago, Surrey said:

Well some of that rain is really intense now.. Could be a fair bit of surface water flooding.. 

Yes, looks quite impressive on radar, well defined cold front. Should get some sunny skies afterwards, with any luck.

Posted
5 minutes ago, Surrey said:

Yes very nice clearance I reckon on this to sunny warm skies and some short sharp showers 

That’ll do ok. Just no more infill please, drives me nuts. Happy for rain sometimes but it’s the cloud that does nothing that is annoying 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: clear skies , hard frost , snow !

8mm if rain already heavy band is moving slowly... maybe 25mm + today !! Liking the sound of the rain I have to say !!

• Like 1

Posted

What a miserable day....I think August will be a wash out but Septembers gonna be nice. Just my gut feeling

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe frosts, Heavy snowfall, Thunder and lightning, Stormy weather

Overcast sky with breezy winds.  Light rain from 11:00 and it has just got heavier.  It is expected to get heavier by 12 noon and will start dissipating by 2pm.  The temperature is 19 °C and it will not get any warmer.  In the early hours of tomorrow morning it will fall to 12 °C.  The wind strength is 15 mph with gusts of 25 mph coming from a South Westerly direction.  

Posted
13 minutes ago, c00ps said:

What a miserable day....I think August will be a wash out but Septembers gonna be nice. Just my gut feeling

It’s a shame we can some weather of opposite nature in the now and almost forget all that very long stretch of great summer weather we had clouds your judgement. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe frosts, Heavy snowfall, Thunder and lightning, Stormy weather

It really feels like Autumn has started much earlier this year. I have had my first (organic) blackberries (UK grown) which normally which is the earliest for home grown berries.  I wonder if it will be the same for the (home grown) apples.

Posted

Well my lawn has recovered completely- green all over and growing will need a cut tomorrow!!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy and thundery.

Did 'alf rain, it did, poor neighbour got wet getting to her car splashing in the puddles.  Sent Hubs on a mission to get snacks and it was still raining. ?‍♀️

It's stopped now. 

Posted

i must say its raining cats and dogs here in central London and has since 9.30 this morning. can we get rid of this gunk

Posted

16mm of welcome rain temp has fallen from 18.7c at 9.30am to 13.8c presently brrr closing all the windows it’s the coolest it’s felt since May !! 

• Like 1

Posted
12 minutes ago, Badgers01 said:

16mm of welcome rain temp has fallen from 18.7c at 9.30am to 13.8c presently brrr closing all the windows it’s the coolest it’s felt since May !! 

Yes indeedy,very welcome. Certainly cleared the air.14.4c here,bit higher than you out in the sticks. 

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm summers but not too hot and colder winters with frost and snow

lovely steady rain for last 2 hours in Locksbottom.Maybe another 45mins and then the front will have passed through.After today we can expect a niceish 4 or 5 days with temps in low 20s.Surely that is good for most people?Amazing how my lawn has changed in last 7 days and without the intense heat it will continue to "green " up and the plants will start to rejuvenate as having natural rain is a better substitute than tap water.

• Like 2