Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

SE and East Anglia general weather discussion 26/03/2018 onwards

Captain Shortwave

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.

I'm still waiting for yesterday's rain, I love this little corner. Even had some clear sky last night, but I didn't see any meteors.

• Like 1

Posted

Looks like the cold front is almost here now, looks like there's no energy in it though.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow
58 minutes ago, Snowflake Queen said:

I held it off so I could carry on painting my fence 

you must have a very long one

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines
3 hours ago, Snowflake Queen said:

I’m sorry I left the guys out considering me and my son fight over the tattoo guy I should have known better lol ! He’s soooo not my type but there is just something about him ! Anyway back to the hot I mean damp weather ! Gloomy day here and am hoping for a return of the sun soon ? 

Haha  Love that you fight with your son over guys. You don’t look old enough to have a grown up son.

Yes, today’s weather is . Hopefully, the sunshine will be back asap.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, stainesbloke said:

Haha  Love that you fight with your son over guys. You don’t look old enough to have a grown up son.

Yes, today’s weather is . Hopefully, the sunshine will be back asap.

Ahh bless you thanks ... but I’m old he’s 23 now !! I’m back off to turkey soon so not over bothered but this weather is just yuk

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines
3 minutes ago, Snowflake Queen said:

Ahh bless you thanks ... but I’m old he’s 23 now !! I’m back off to turkey soon so not over bothered but this weather is just yuk

Ooh, lucky you! Never been to Turkey on holiday, do you recommend it? Luckily, I’ve been working through this poorer spell of weather, hope my day off on Tuesday is nice, though. Looks like some heavier rain is moving into our region now, better than the annoying drizzle blowing about.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, snow, and wind storms

Looks like watching the perseid’s peak is out of the question...  I suppose there’s always tomorrow night (activity will stilll Be high).

3 minutes ago, stainesbloke said:

Ooh, lucky you! Never been to Turkey on holiday, do you recommend it? Luckily, I’ve been working through this poorer spell of weather, hope my day off on Tuesday is nice, though. Looks like some heavier rain is moving into our region now, better than the annoying drizzle blowing about.

This will be my 3rd time of going back but second this year as was there 4 weeks ago ... it is fantastic.. we go to marmaris but this time we are going with 8 of us ( mum , kids and granddaughter) so let’s see if I still like it after this holiday

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: clear skies , hard frost , snow !

Turning into a poor day, temp dropped 3 degrees since midday garden is re greening rapidly - rain splashing onto the pool makes a lovely sound and the coolness of the air means a hint of steam can be seen coming off the top - pool temp is down to 24c - also looks ever so slightly green so will have to up the Chems slightly , I try to use the smallest amount poss that will keep it clear. Unlike the neighbours who have let theirs re wild to an emerald colour and are single handedly responsible for the mosquito explosion in this part of the world !! 

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, snow, and wind storms
1 hour ago, Snowflake Queen said:

Is it tonight ? 

Yep

• Thanks 1

Posted

Wow finally there's a few drops falling out of the sky, still not wetting anything though. Grass is starting to look green again now.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer sunshine
3 hours ago, Snowflake Queen said:

This will be my 3rd time of going back but second this year as was there 4 weeks ago ... it is fantastic.. we go to marmaris but this time we are going with 8 of us ( mum , kids and granddaughter) so let’s see if I still like it after this holiday

We holiday in Marmaris every year, love it there. We’re going next month and will be our 14th time since 2008. 

Back to the weather, overcast and slightly muggy here in my part of Surrey. Can’t wait for the sunshine to come back. 

• Like 3

Posted

Wow serious old rain here thumping down drought over flooding the roads meh. Countdown now till Camber Sands on 27th

• Like 1

Posted

Intermittent rain out in the Cotswolds, a nasty breeze, and bloodly cold compared to the last few weeks.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine. And storms

Managed to dodge a soggy bullet over the weekend nr Bedford bar a bit of light rain Sunday morning. Did have a TS with some torrential rain Fri afternoon though, not ideal when in the middle of setting up the caravan! 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe frosts, Heavy snowfall, Thunder and lightning, Stormy weather

A boring day of weather.  Overcast cloudy sky with specks of rain, and no sunshine. It is what I call a mediocre weather, the worst type of weather.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold winters and cool summers.

Some very bright colours starting to bubble up south of the M20.