Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

SE and East Anglia general weather discussion 26/03/2018 onwards

Captain Shortwave

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Nothing biblical here, just a lot of cloud and some showery rain this afternoon. The temperature was appalling for the 2nd day in succession with a high of 17c which to be fair was 3c higher than yesterday.

Conditions looking more typical from tomorrow onwards.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe frosts, Heavy snowfall, Thunder and lightning, Stormy weather

It has been raining throughout the day with very few short periods when the rain stopped.  Here is a few videos that I took when the rain was at it's fiercest.  There was also rumbles of thunder and it ended with rainbow.

Edited by Katrine Basso
Editing videos
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe frosts, Heavy snowfall, Thunder and lightning, Stormy weather

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=1&v=LhqqAE5QY-0

Edited by Katrine Basso
Editing videos

Posted

2nd attempt

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, snow, and wind storms
On 05/08/2018 at 15:59, lassie23 said:

just in time to ruin my melons, i will post the photo of them in here later

I saw a grand total of 34 meteors tonight! I saw one of the best fireballs of my life, it was bright green and very slow moving, flared white at the end, and had a smoky white tail. Absolutely breathtaking, to say the least.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Posted

I so no meteors last night as the sky was overclouded. I hope that the sky will stay mostly clear so that I can see the Perseid meteor showers tonight.

48 minutes ago, Katrine Basso said:

I so no meteors last night as the sky was overclouded. I hope that the sky will stay mostly clear so that I can see the Perseid meteor showers tonight.

Unfortunately I don't think it will be clear later... I might be if the rain can stay far enough North but I don't think that will be the case.

My sister wants to watch them also 

• Like 1

Messy fax charts im trying to see how the weekend is going to go but it's all over the place.. 

Surface pressure chart - Forecast T+12 - Issued at: 01:00 on Sat 11 Aug 2018Surface pressure chart - Forecast T+24 - Issued at: 01:00 on Sat 11 Aug 2018Surface pressure chart - Forecast T+36 - Issued at: 01:00 on Sat 11 Aug 2018Surface pressure chart - Forecast T+48 - Issued at: 01:00 on Sat 11 Aug 2018

Pretty much everything in there.. 

I think tomorrow will be the wetter of the 2 days.. 

Don't think any rain will likely get to us till later on... Met office type up:

Tonight:

Cloud and rain continuing to develop from the west through the evening. This will spread across all parts overnight, with some heavier outbreaks at times. Minimum temperature 15 °C.

Sunday:

Cloudy with outbreaks of locally heavy rain moving erratically eastwards through the morning. Rain easing during the afternoon and evening, but staying cloudy. Maximum temperature 24 °C.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, snow, and wind storms

Sorry for the quote, lassie! 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

Nice, sunny morning here, if a little cool. Cloud is steadily marching in from the W on satellite, so enjoy the sunshine while it lasts. Currently 18C with light S’ly winds.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: cold and snowy. Summer: hot and sunny

Weather looking quite good in our region from Tuesday onwards. No heatwave, but we should get plenty of dry, possibly sunny weather and some decent temperatures (22c-26c). Thursday could see some rain, but overall we’ve got a N/S split developing with the best of the weather over the SE. 

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines
12 hours ago, LightningLover said:

I saw a grand total of 34 meteors tonight! I saw one of the best fireballs of my life, it was bright green and very slow moving, flared white at the end, and had a smoky white tail. Absolutely breathtaking, to say the least.

Sounds great, what a fabulous sight. We saw loads last weekend whilst camping, it was the first time one of our friends had seen meteors and he was amazed. Hopefully, this Atlantic muck will clear away, it’s spoiling the day here now, after a pleasantly sunny morning.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Much better today, lots of sunshine and the temperature has recovered to 22c. Just a light south westerly breeze so it is very pleasant outside.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms.

It's been a decent enough summers day here in St Leonards on Sea so far with a lightish breeze and some good sunny spells, temperatures locally 20.0c. Certainly a big improvement on the last couple of days but sadly due to take a turn for the worse tomorrow it seems.

According to Weathercast, Herstmonceux recorded a total of 49.8mm yesterday, making it the wettest day of the year at that site if my records are correct.

My entirely unscientific measurements here in my back garden indicate precipitation totals in the range of 30-35mm during the 24 hours on Friday, the vast majority of which fell within a 3 hour period between 4 and 7pm.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Deep cold
7 minutes ago, lassie23 said:

it's raining

Vile vile vile  

Edited by shotski
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy and thundery.

laying in the bath listening to the rain was very relaxing and cosy.

I miss cosy.

Posted
12 minutes ago, lassie23 said:

no sign of a return to the heatwave, only lasted three months 

How’s your melons? I’ve only got one but it’s a whopper

Edited by stainesbloke
  • Like 1