Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

SE and East Anglia general weather discussion 26/03/2018 onwards

Captain Shortwave

Posted

Well of course the rain finally got here, just as I started laying the weed control fabric before the artificial grass. Once I started I wasn’t stopping for the rain. So it’s done, still needs pegging down and cutting in places to fit, but that can wait til tomorrow, if I can move due to now bad back pain. Even though it’s not hot today, still sweating my bits off whilst doing it, although it became hard to tell which was rain and what was sweat!  rain on I say, least it’s just wet footprints coming in from the garden, no mud to accompany them :yahoo:

Edited by Blazerblue
Missed words

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

Very different day here to what we’ve been used to. Moderate rain for much of the day, so far. Feeling unpleasantly chilly at just 16C but at least there’s not much of a breeze. Temperatures look likely to rise back up to 25-26C from Sunday, thankfully.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer > Spring > Winter > Autumn :-)

Probably the worst day since the end of may here too. Overcast, raining and 17c. Looks set for much of the day too.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines
1 hour ago, Badgers01 said:

fair enough its been really quite steady rain here in Surrey already recorded 5mm even got puddles 

Same here, where are you in Surrey?

• Like 1

Posted
4 hours ago, Norfolk Sheep said:

I hope so - I have a lot of friends in Holland and they're all a bit worried  Thankfully I'm not flying out there until the end of the month, could have been a rather interesting flight....

Holland does seem to get battered by high winds quite often. Think much of SE England is more sheltered, in comparison and often a bit warmer. Hope the winds don’t cause any problems for your friends there. Always very unwelcome to get gales in summer.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.

Where is that low, just leaving Biscay now into France, or somewhere else. Trying to find it on satellite, but it just looks like a cloudy mess.

Maybe it's just developing.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: clear skies , hard frost , snow !
16 minutes ago, stainesbloke said:

Same here, where are you in Surrey?

Cobham , between Esher & Oxshott

Edited by Badgers01
Typo
  • Like 1

Posted
3 minutes ago, Badgers01 said:

Cobham , between Esher & Oxshott

Posh! You’ve probably had a touch more rain than here, being a little further E. 

Edited by stainesbloke

Posted
Just now, stainesbloke said:

You’ve probably had a touch more rain than here, being a little further E. 

Yup the heavier burst has tracked up across all morning - the garden is very happy 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy and thundery.

Not much rain, but by gum it's gone dark.

ah here it comes. Chucking it down and knocked out sky.

Edited by Dami

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow

Now that we finally have got some weather, it has confused the weather forecasters  last night's forecast contained possibly maybe perhaps, 3 months of predictable weather has caught them on the hop 

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow,thunder,tornados

Lovely day,and im serious,so nice to have a decent drop of rain,been a fantastic summer so far,but I am glad its cooler

• Like 4

Posted

Well the one positive thing about today is that we won't need to hear the continuous "we need rain" moans any more! This will do for the rest of the month now.

• Like 1

Posted
1 hour ago, lassie23 said:

Now that we finally have got some weather, it has confused the weather forecasters  last night's forecast contained possibly maybe perhaps, 3 months of predictable weather has caught them on the hop 

Yes,they possibly/maybe/could/perhaps/chance dont cope well when the weather is coming uo from the south or in from the east. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, snow, and wind storms

Can everybody please cross their fingers for a moment, in regards to a clear night on Sunday for the Perseids? The forecast isn't looking great atm

Edited by LightningLover
  • Like 4

Posted
17 minutes ago, Djdazzle said:

Well the one positive thing about today is that we won't need to hear the continuous "we need rain" moans any more! This will do for the rest of the month now.

Yes,got 9mm here so not bad.

According to Met South East outlook going to be heavy showers tommorow, sunday evening and again monday. Saturday looks dry at the minute so you should be able to get out and about for a while.☺️

Posted
48 minutes ago, Djdazzle said:

Haha, I wouldn’t bet on it. 2-3 days like this a month would be ok if the rest was warm and sunny. 

• Like 1

Posted
2 hours ago, stainesbloke said:

Posh! You’ve probably had a touch more rain than here, being a little further E. 

yes its green and pleasant and the land of air-conditioning and swimming pools !!!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Deep cold
28 minutes ago, lassie23 said:

i'm actually feeling cold

I could definitely feel & see signs of autumn today. The swifts that have been flying high and screeching all summer seemed to have headed back on their long journey to Africa with their young. Also last night I saw several Daddy long legs in the garden and it was pretty much dark by 830 Next thing I’ll be looking for are spider webs on the bushes in the morning, always a sure sign. Bring it on

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow
1 minute ago, shotski said:

I could definitely feel & see signs of autumn today. The swifts that have been flying high and screeching all summer seemed to have headed back on their long journey to Africa with their young. Also last night I saw several Daddy long legs in the garden and it was pretty much dark by 830 Next thing I’ll be looking for are spider webs on the bushes in the morning, always a sure sign. Bring it on

i don't like the long hours of darkness, everything else you described:good:

• Like 1

Posted
2 minutes ago, lassie23 said:

i don't like the long hours of darkness, everything else you described

Yeh, I also like the long summer days but love the cosy winter nights with a roaring fire and pint of vodka

• Thanks 1

Posted

Also did you know that the painted Lady and Red Admiral butterflies actually migrate in Autumn back to Africa I find that amazing. 

• Like 1