Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

SE and East Anglia general weather discussion 26/03/2018 onwards

Captain Shortwave

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine. And storms
9 hours ago, Wivenswold said:

Quite the deluge tomorrow afternoon in eastern counties. Luckily the gales are forecast to stay the other side of the channel. Just like in 87.....

I hope so - I have a lot of friends in Holland and they're all a bit worried  Thankfully I'm not flying out there until the end of the month, could have been a rather interesting flight....

• Like 1

Posted

Morning all :)

It is of course taking longer for the houses and the brickwork to release the heat so another warm night last night but the hope with today's rain and cooler air and some open windows we'll continue the return to normality.

The weather though looks uninspiring - currently only light drizzle here in East London. but I note ther current NW radar showing some heavier rain in the Channel and some lively storms around Guernsey and Alderney.

Posted

Horrible day,don’t know how people prefer this normal type of British summer weather to the lovely hot weather over the past few months.Models backed away from hotter weather this morning too

• Like 1

Posted

Rain getting heavier now in SW London. Good drink for the allotment and garden.Feels quite autumnal.16.5c

Glad to see models backing away from more heat though I never bought that anyway.

• Like 1

Posted

Not one drop of rain yet in Singleton/Ashford yet it’s been raining at J9 of the M20 for an hour! Put grass seeds out earlier so I need rain!!!

Posted
7 minutes ago, seb said:

Not one drop of rain yet in Singleton/Ashford yet it’s been raining at J9 of the M20 for an hour! Put grass seeds out earlier so I need rain!!!

Its on way,your area should get a good drenching today.Probably more than here.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines
3 hours ago, shotski said:

That’s great. like you I love hot weather, just not the oppressive heat we’ve had recently. If everyone liked the same thing this forum would be boring

Yes, it would be boring, we’re all different and have our own likes/dislikes. I probably like it hotter than most in here but anything over 32C isn’t pleasant in the UK, unless you have a pool or aircon (sadly, I don’t yet, but I do the lottery every week so am working on it). 

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: clear skies , hard frost , snow !

I love the hot weather but I do take some pleasure in todays deluge , sound of rain ,not having to open / close windows and curtains as the sun penetrates the house , faffing around with air conditioning and keeping doors closed is all a refreshing change! The grass is also recovering before my eyes !!

• Like 2

Posted
2 minutes ago, Badgers01 said:

I love the hot weather but I do take some pleasure in todays deluge , sound of rain ,not having to open / close windows and curtains as the sun penetrates the house , faffing around with air conditioning and keeping doors closed is all a refreshing change! The grass is also recovering before my eyes !!

The rain has been so light, it's not even that useful for the gardens. Just pointlessly grey and miserable. Not even sunshine and showers. The very worst type of weather.

• Like 1

Posted

Rain getting heavier now in Wimbledon,another batch moving up from the south,what a difference a few days makes.  16.2c. Gardens and small trees loving it,they have taken alot of abuse over last 3/4 months especially the indigenous plantings.

• Like 1

Posted

Hopefully it will all start to move east soon. I want to see some cricket from Lords!  I can see how some people suffer from depression in winter!

The 06z has brought me a bit of cheer as it's a better run than the 00z.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow
10 minutes ago, Wimbledon88 said:

Rain getting heavier now in Wimbledon,another batch moving up from the south,what a difference a few days makes.  16.2c. Gardens and small trees loving it,they have taken alot of abuse over last 3/4 months especially the indigenous plantings.

are you from wimbledon

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, snow, and wind storms

Fairly heavy rain in Hastings.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow
1 minute ago, Wimbledon88 said:

Ooooh yes,i like a good Womble every now and again. Who doesn't.

lol the weather is a lot further west today

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: clear skies , hard frost , snow !
29 minutes ago, Djdazzle said:

The rain has been so light, it's not even that useful for the gardens. Just pointlessly grey and miserable. Not even sunshine and showers. The very worst type of weather.

fair enough its been really quite steady rain here in Surrey already recorded 5mm even got puddles 

• Like 1

Posted
15 minutes ago, Badgers01 said:

fair enough its been really quite steady rain here in Surrey already recorded 5mm even got puddles 

Makes a nice change from puddles of sweat.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine. And storms

ooh proper rain! I'd go outside and enjoy it except temps are about 12c lower than yesterday 

Forgot to turn off the aircon in the van this morning and almost froze to death....

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Over 18C please!
1 hour ago, seb said:

It finally arrived here in Willesborough, soft gentle rain all of 1.3mm in the last half hour. I love warm sunshine but we really did need some rain.... Can we please have rain until tomorrow  when we'd like the sunshine back again.....

Posted
1 minute ago, interested & confused said:

It finally arrived here in Willesborough, soft gentle rain all of 1.3mm in the last half hour. I love warm sunshine but we really did need some rain.... Can we please have rain until tomorrow  when we'd like the sunshine back again.....

Yep, finally arrived about an hour ago :) Steady rain, not too heavy but perfect to soak the ground. Some bright echos coming up on the radar though... hopefully not too heavy. I don't want my grass seeds washed away haha.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: 22-38C in summer with storms, cold in winter with some snow/or 15-25C
3 hours ago, SLEETY said:

Horrible day,don’t know how people prefer this normal type of British summer weather to the lovely hot weather over the past few months.Models backed away from hotter weather this morning too

Well everyone has their different preferences and we must respect that. However I will never personally consider 30c for a few days with low humidity 'oppressive summer heat' that to me is a perfect summers day, but that is strictly my opinion. Either way this weather today is depressing and a reminder why I usually dislike summers in this country much, predictably no storms like always on Tuesday night but pointless drizzly rain which won't green up the grass much anyway. Looking forward to next week when I can go outside in the evening without being cold and do long hikes in the countryside. Visiting London's parks on Monday was awesome, felt like I was in Madrid with the 32c and yellow grass.  

Edited by 95 Degrees
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, snow, and wind storms

Tipping it down in Hastings right now!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...
43 minutes ago, Norfolk Sheep said:

ooh proper rain! I'd go outside and enjoy it except temps are about 12c lower than yesterday 

Forgot to turn off the aircon in the van this morning and almost froze to death....

Yay! Same here: steady moderate rain, and widows wide open so as to enjoy the smell!:yahoo: