Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

SE and East Anglia general weather discussion 26/03/2018 onwards

Captain Shortwave

Posted

Same here just a few heavy shower ,one rumble then nothing.Any decent rain on the horizon?

Edited by SLEETY

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Over 18C please!

Here we had a few heavy raindrops that made the cat bolt inside, a rumble in the distance and that was that. Still, a nice cool and breezy morning after a very humid night.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

It seems that I lied...on closing my windows, which had been open all night, I notice they are covered in rain-shaped splodges of sand.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow

cooler today but still sunny, no rain this weekend and by sunday it will be 25c, BBQ time

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

A reasonably pleasant day here, sunny spells and passing clouds with a slightly too brisk SW’ly breeze. Currently 24C.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.
20 hours ago, Ben Lewis said:

Weekend now not looking as wet as it was yesterday. 

Friday and decent day - Saturday a decent day - Sunday maybe some rain. 

Temps up to 25c on Saturday

So still feeling pretty warm & hardly no rain - bring it on. 

If it’s not going to be hot & sunny, I’ll take this as the next best! 

Anything but Atlantic crud in August. Save that for October. 

Nice sunny and warm here, in fact with the lovely breeze and no humidity, it's perfect. More of this would be nice.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Deep cold

Perfect day today for getting about and working without pi##ing with sweat. Why anyone would want it any hotter than this is beyond me. More of the same please weather gods

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy and thundery.

Ahhhh that's better. Was planning to do housework but Harry potter and the bacon rolls won. 

Didn't get any thunder last night, was hoping for a flash, but the only flash was me going to the loo and not realizing the window was open.

Cloudy, breezy and cool. It says 25c in our garden but considering that feels like heaven.

mini chocolate Mud pies and thick cream is also very nice.

:hi:

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Quite a bit of cloud this afternoon with a fairly stiff south westerly breeze. Still warm at 24c.

Posted

25/26oC over London today. A cooler 23oC back in north Kent. Fresher feel but still nice. Thursday/Friday will feel fresher still with lower temps and rain 

• Like 1

Posted

I say old bean, it's raining a tad.

Edited by Dami

Posted

not much of a break down from what i can see, talk of temps back in the 30's come next week, in the MOD thread. 26C by Sunday

Edited by lassie23

Posted
23 minutes ago, lassie23 said:

not much of a break down from what i can see, talk of temps back in the 30's come next week in the MOD thread.

*inserts rude emoji*

to the 30c that is @lassie23

Edited by Dami
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snowy Weather

Had gardener come and sort out our jungle of a garden, this morning and he's made a brilliant job of it!! He was recommended by Age Concern and charged a very reasonable price. It hasn't been cut, since last Summer and despite the lack of rain, as you can imagine, was wildly overgrown. I'm sixty-two and due to a compromised balance, from a stroke in 2015, it's not possible for me to get involved with it now. Also, my wife has serious health issues, that prevent her from managing it, too.

It was so nice this afternoon, to sit in our lounge, with door wide open onto patio. Still had to have fan on though, as heat takes for an age to disperse, in our tiny house!!

Looking out onto the garden, this afternoon, the weather looked perfect, plenty of sunshine with a few fair weather cumulus, floating about, low humidity and a refreshing breeze, with evidently temps in the mid-20's. Perfect Summer weather!!:clapping:

Really wouldn't mind if it stayed like this until October now, IMO much better than that oppressive heat we've experienced, for so long.

Looking forward to a decent night's sleep, tonight, in our much cooler bedroom.

Regards,

Tom.  :hi:

• Like 6

Posted
59 minutes ago, lassie23 said:

not much of a break down from what i can see, talk of temps back in the 30's come next week, in the MOD thread. 26C by Sunday

Are the northern chaps getting all excited about it being hot in London again?  Ooh I think we ll get a fair amount of rain in the next 5-7 days.

• Like 2

Posted
14 minutes ago, Wimbledon88 said:

Are the northern chaps getting all excited about it being hot in London again?  Ooh I think we ll get a fair amount of rain in the next 5-7 days.

lol yes they are excited about the heat in London when they live in Cumbria where 21c is their 30c

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines
6 hours ago, shotski said:

Perfect day today for getting about and working without pi##ing with sweat. Why anyone would want it any hotter than this is beyond me. More of the same please weather gods

I’d like it warmer than today, simply because I love hot weather and it makes me feel good. Nothing wrong with that in the slightest. Others prefer cooler weather, nothing wrong with that, either. Our wants are irrelevant to the actual weather. I’m glad many found today comfortable, looks like we will see a bit more variation in temperatures for the next week or two.

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms.

Much fresher here in Hastings but apart from some dark threatening skies around midday it's been a pleasant enough day with plenty of sunshine either side of lunchtime.

With a Tmax locally of 20.6c it's been the coolest day since July 29th.
The moderate breeze led to the sea being choppier than it's been for some time, so curtailing the spectacle of shoals of mackerel chasing whitebait right up to the shoreline that's been an attraction for the last few days.

The evening showers yesterday were hit and miss, with nearby Herstmonceux reporting 8.2mm, but about half of that here in my garden in St Leonards on Sea.

Summer is not over yet B)

• Like 1

Posted

Quite the deluge tomorrow afternoon in eastern counties. Luckily the gales are forecast to stay the other side of the channel. Just like in 87.....

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.
14 minutes ago, Wivenswold said:

Quite the deluge tomorrow afternoon in eastern counties. Luckily the gales are forecast to stay the other side of the channel. Just like in 87.....

Well hopefully they are right this time.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snowy Weather

Morning all.

Up early, to take BP medication. A much more comfortable night, last night, the first for weeks. Still needed the fan on though, as our tiny bedroom, holds on to accumulated heat for an age!! 

We've got a drop of rain falling too. Need to go shopping with wife to Bromley this morning, hope rain won't be too much of an inconvenience. Might be nice to feel a bit of rain on my face, havn't felt that for ages apart from a cooling misty, mizzle, we experienced a couple of weeks ago.

Regards,

Tom. :hi:

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Deep cold
8 hours ago, stainesbloke said:

I’d like it warmer than today, simply because I love hot weather and it makes me feel good. Nothing wrong with that in the slightest. Others prefer cooler weather, nothing wrong with that, either. Our wants are irrelevant to the actual weather. I’m glad many found today comfortable, looks like we will see a bit more variation in temperatures for the next week or two.

That’s great. like you I love hot weather, just not the oppressive heat we’ve had recently. If everyone liked the same thing this forum would be boring

• Like 7

Posted

Drizzly rain this morning, was actually nice and cooling for me as I walked the dogs, looks to be some real rain on the radar, not sure it won’t be more drizzle by the time it reaches here though. 

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe frosts, Heavy snowfall, Thunder and lightning, Stormy weather

The rain started early this morning approx 7 am.  The rain is quite light but persistent and for some strange reason my cat Simba wants to go out in the back garden and get wet.  He keeps on meowing at me and then doing a little dance by walking in circles.  I hope the rain will get heavier today and it such a relief to have cooler weather.  I hope it will stay for two weeks so as to replenish the gardens etc.  It will also be good for wildlife and I will not to water the garden plants today, which will be a relief.

• Like 3

Posted

Nice moderate rain here in sw london this morning,heavier stuff on way. Fresh at 17c. The cool down is complete. Could be a rather unsettled spell coming up looking at met fax charts. Nice change. 

• Like 2