Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

SE and East Anglia general weather discussion 26/03/2018 onwards

Captain Shortwave

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: clear skies , hard frost , snow !

was a phenomenal summers day so many now lost count - the earlier sunsets are noticeable .... mosquito central still here in Cobham next door have stopped chlorinating there pool and its re wilded into a mozzy playground might have to say something !!

Edited by Badgers01
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snowy Weather

Looks as if our heatwave, could go out with a bang, Tuesday P.M., although by no means certain. Might just be a Kent and E.Anglia clipper?

gfs-2-54.png?12?12

Even this Brontophobe would welcome, a short, thundery breakdown, if it marked an end to this interminable heat, here in S.E.London, Will be heaven to get some deep sleep, after enduring weeks of stifling heat in our bedroom, even with our fan on full blast!!

Regards,

Tom. :hi:

• Like 3

Posted
52 minutes ago, Badgers01 said:

was a phenomenal summers day so many now lost count - the earlier sunsets are noticeable .... mosquito central still here in Cobham next door have stopped chlorinating there pool and its re wilded into a mozzy playground might have to say something !!

Cobham.  Nice.

Pool next door.  Lovely.  Do they let you borrow it?

Here in Reigate there was some concern earlier today about lack of Haloumi in M&S but after a delegation of the great and the good marched to the store chanting 'What do we want?  Grill-able cheese!  When do we want it? NOW!'  the manager saw sense and got an emergency delivery in.  Phew-y!   The reputation of our Surrey commuter market town has been preserved.

20.7c at 10:15pm, warm enough I guess.

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow
1 hour ago, Crepuscular Ray said:

I doubt any farmer who hasn't got their wheat/rapeseed harvest in yet would agree with that.

no use to man or beast, three months of no rain, I welcome a week of rain, will help the garden too as there are three inch wide cracks appearing in the ground.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow events / Wind storms
1 minute ago, lassie23 said:

no use to man or beast, three months of no rain, I welcome a week of rain, will help the garden too as there are three inch wide cracks appearing in the ground.

make sure chloe don't fall down them lol

• Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow
1 minute ago, The East has Ceased said:

make sure chloe don't fall down them lol

lol they are big enough for her to get her feet stuck in 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Heat, Cold, Sun

Another beautiful start. 

Going to be a hot sunny day... bring it on! Love it!

• Like 3

Posted

I work hard all year and am praying hard that my holiday to camber sands on the bank holiday weekend is not ruined by peoples desires for rain. Everything in the garden recovers including grass. I was lucky enough to get 2 days last week was wonderful. Sorry but theclast thing i want is rain and neither do i want cool cloudy days. As ben says we get 6-8 months of pointless un useable wet mulch this time it can wait 2 more weeks 

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snowy Weather

Here are some of the 00z model runs "take" on breaking out some ppn, over our region tomorrow pm, as a cold front approaches from the west. With the amount of heat predicted, ahead of the front, would expect any ppn to be thundery. Although there has been some thunder, during this heatwave, as a Brontophobe really feel I've "dodged a bullet", re.the lack of thunder. But if the trigger's not there, the trigger's not there!! :nonono:

AROME:

http://www.meteociel.fr/modeles/arome.php?ech=42&mode=101&map=0

Won't put up postage stamp,as it comes out elongated but there's the link above, if you want to view it.

Breaks out some thundery looking ppn, over N.E.France/Belgium but not over our region.

ARPEGE:

http://www.meteociel.fr/modeles/arpegee_cartes.php?ech=6&code=0&mode=2

Again, won't put up postage stamp, comes out elongated but link above.

More enthusiastic about ppn, over our region pm, especially in the east.

EURO4:

Precipitation EURO4 Tu 07.08.2018 21 GMT

Breaks out some ppn, mainly Kent and E.Sussex, pm. 

GFS:

gfs-2-42.png?0?0

Only interested in an extreme east of Kent, clipper and pushes some ppn out, into the N.Sea

Don't give up hope yet, Brontophiles!! This Brontophobe knows, he's not "out of the woods" yet!!

Models could correct a thundery breakdown further west.

I'm really looking forward to that cold front moving through overnight tomorrow, to end this interminable heat, here in S.E.London!!

So stand aside, heat lovers, you've had your "day in the sun", correction weeks in the sun!!

It's time for us fresh air "fiends", to have our way. Really praying, there's no backtrack from the models, now!! Can't wait to take some deep breaths of fresher air, come Wednesday morning!!  :clapping:

Regards,

Edited by TomSE12
  • Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe frosts, Heavy snowfall, Thunder and lightning, Stormy weather
32 minutes ago, TomSE12 said:

Here are some of the 00z model runs "take" on breaking out some ppn, over our region tomorrow pm, as a cold front approaches from the west. With the amount of heat predicted, ahead of the front, would expect any ppn to be thundery. Although there has been some thunder, during this heatwave, as a Brontophobe really feel I've "dodged a bullet", re.the lack of thunder. But if the trigger's not there, the trigger's not there!! :nonono:

AROME:

http://www.meteociel.fr/modeles/arome.php?ech=42&mode=101&map=0

Won't put up postage stamp,as it comes out elongated but there's the link above, if you want to view it.

Breaks out some thundery looking ppn, over N.E.France/Belgium but not over our region.

ARPEGE:

http://www.meteociel.fr/modeles/arpegee_cartes.php?ech=6&code=0&mode=2

Again, won't put up postage stamp, comes out elongated but link above.

More enthusiastic about ppn, over our region pm, especially in the east.

EURO4:

Precipitation EURO4 Tu 07.08.2018 21 GMT

Breaks out some ppn, mainly Kent and E.Sussex, pm. 

GFS:

gfs-2-42.png?0?0

Only interested in an extreme east of Kent, clipper and pushes some ppn out, into the N.Sea

Don't give up hope yet, Brontophiles!! This Brontophobe knows, he's not "out of the woods" yet!!

Models could correct a thundery breakdown further west.

I'm really looking forward to that cold front moving through overnight tomorrow, to end this interminable heat, here in S.E.London!!

So stand aside, heat lovers, you've had your "day in the sun", correction weeks in the sun!!

It's time for us fresh air "fiends", to have our way. Really praying, there's no backtrack from the models, now!! Can't wait to take some deep breaths of fresher air, come Wednesday morning!!  :clapping:

Regards,

The only time I do not like thunder and lightning is when I am in bed sleeping, any other time it is okay.  This morning in South Ockendon there are wisps of cirrus clouds gathering which is the first time I have seen to appear in the sky in the morning.  It is a lovely cool 14 °C and with a cool breeze.  I am looking forward to cooler weather with rain.  It would be lovely to have sunshine and rain both at the same.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: clear skies , hard frost , snow !
12 hours ago, abruzzi spur said:

Cobham.  Nice.

Pool next door.  Lovely.  Do they let you borrow it?

Here in Reigate there was some concern earlier today about lack of Haloumi in M&S but after a delegation of the great and the good marched to the store chanting 'What do we want?  Grill-able cheese!  When do we want it? NOW!'  the manager saw sense and got an emergency delivery in.  Phew-y!   The reputation of our Surrey commuter market town has been preserved.

20.7c at 10:15pm, warm enough I guess.

life in the  super 'Burbs of Surrey is amusing I have only lived here since November it still makes me laugh - no need to borrow next doors pool as we have our own - and I wouldn't want to since they stop chorinating it it looks about as inviting as a puddle I am pretty sure one of our neighbours will complain soon - I don't want to be the one to do it as we are new.... 

lucky you having an M & S we don't even have one in Cobham just Waitrose & Sainsbury's !!

already 26c here so I reckon we might nudge 32c again ....

Edited by Badgers01
typo

Posted
26 minutes ago, Blazerblue said:

Roll on Wednesday, already horribly humid and warm here this morning, soaked through just doing the hoovering 

Temps back to normal soon ,then maybe turning hot again.Anyway should be used to the heat,been like it for months now!,,

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snowy or sunny but not too hot!
14 hours ago, Ben Lewis said:

Sitting in garden with my dogs having a chilled beer.... 

Hello Ben,

I hope that your dogs did not get too drunk:yahoo:

Here in Costa Del Essex another hot cloudless day today. 

Looking forward to the lightning show tomorrow night if it comes off.

Kind Regards

Dave

Posted

So, it looks like the end is in sight of this oppressive heatwave.  Can't say I will miss it - I am looking forward to less humidity and temperatures nearer normal for this time of year!  (And no, I am not wishing for rain etc, just nice temperatures and sunshine!)

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

Hot and sunny back here at home in Englefield Green, 29C currently. The holidaymakers and children on their summer holidays must be loving it. Loads of Germans, Dutch and French and even an Austrian couple at the Salisbury campsite we were at this weekend just gone, everyone was having a fabulous time and enjoying the glorious weather. Cooled down a lot at night, I needed a jumper last night. But amazing night sky views with quite a few bright meteors and 4 planets shining brightly. I recommend camping/sleeping outside to those who are struggling in this warmth, no trouble sleeping at all.

• Like 6

Posted

Another hot one today, had a fab day in Cambridge yesterday, but the heat was inescapable, even by the river Cam!  Up by the Ouse a few miles away in Hemmingford Grey though...wow, what a beautiful river, so slow and clear and the perfect place to be when it's 29.c. There and back though, miles and miles of yellow crops and bright blue skies for miles and miles, stunning.

Would love a storm tomorrow as watering the allotment has become a full-time job this summer!

IMG_1433.JPG

• Like 2

Posted
1 hour ago, snow raven said:

So, it looks like the end is in sight of this oppressive heatwave.  Can't say I will miss it - I am looking forward to less humidity and temperatures nearer normal for this time of year!  (And no, I am not wishing for rain etc, just nice temperatures and sunshine!)

Yes,it ll be a nice refreshing change. 30c again here this afternoon for goodness sake!. Not long now till that lovely autumnal smell takes hold,crisp dewey mornings,big showers and the ground nice and soggy underfoot. And then Winter........!!! Yay!!

• Like 2

Posted

Winters are normally rubbish ,hardly ever cold enough for long lasting snow .Maybe once in a blue moon we get a decent cold snowy winter.dark by 4pm and usually wet and mild and windy is winter in U.K. HORRIBLE

• Like 1

Posted
19 minutes ago, SLEETY said:

Winters are normally rubbish ,hardly ever cold enough for long lasting snow .Maybe once in a blue moon we get a decent cold snowy winter.dark by 4pm and usually wet and mild and windy is winter in U.K. HORRIBLE

Indeed - even this year a week in late Feb was remarkable by UK standards and only managed just below freezing during the day for 5 days. I miss my Canadian Rockies winters when snow fell in November and lasted til March. Longest stretch of below zero temperatures I counted was over 100 days. Now that's a cold spell lol.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe frosts, Heavy snowfall, Thunder and lightning, Stormy weather

I have been checking the Met Office website for the chance of overnight rain on Tuesday night but it has decreased from 60% down to 30% for Thurrock.  I will be very disappointed if South Ockendon misses out on rain as I am looking forward to a heavy shower of rain, accompanied with fierce thunder and lightning.

Posted
2 minutes ago, Katrine Basso said:

I have been checking the Met Office website for the chance of overnight rain on Tuesday night but it has decreased from 60% down to 30% for Thurrock.  I will be very disappointed if South Ockendon misses out on rain as I am looking forward to a heavy shower of rain, accompanied with fierce thunder and lightning. 

I still think Tuesday night into Wednesday there'll be a good chance of catching a thundery downpour in that region

• Like 1