Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

SE and East Anglia general weather discussion 26/03/2018 onwards

Captain Shortwave

Posted

Bit of a change on the way next week according to the met outlook. Certainly looking forward to an end to this endlessly tedious heat and blinding sunshine.Its a bugger to work outdoors in. And why oh why do folk that decide to eat their food outside( I thought we evolved from doing that milenia ago!) insist on leaving their rubbish and leftover food behind them. Suppose it keeps the mice and rats happy.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...
14 minutes ago, Wimbledon88 said:

Bit of a change on the way next week according to the met outlook. Certainly looking forward to an end to this endlessly tedious heat and blinding sunshine.Its a bugger to work outdoors in. And why oh why do folk that decide to eat their food outside( I thought we evolved from doing that milenia ago!) insist on leaving their rubbish and leftover food behind them. Suppose it keeps the mice and rats happy.

Horrible habit. Almost as bad as peeps who festoon trees with bags full of dog sheet? Talk about boil-in-the-bag!

• Like 2

Posted
10 minutes ago, Ed Stone said:

Horrible habit. Almost as bad as peeps who festoon trees with bags full of dog sheet? Talk about boil-in-the-bag!

Yes,we have come a long way haven't we....carrying other animals shi:ite round in little plastic bags!

Who do these dog owners think are going to untie these little surprises from the trees. I bet their Christmas trees are a bit interesting?

Anway,back to the weather. 28.8c here and Sunny.

Plus ca change!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Sunny spells and just some fair weather cloud here. 29c so another very warm day.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe frosts, Heavy snowfall, Thunder and lightning, Stormy weather

A very sunny and warm afternoon, with a very light breeze . The temperature is at 29 °C .

Posted
1 hour ago, Wimbledon88 said:

I really hope it’s a change for the better, I know it’s summer and lots of peeps like the hot weather,  but i for one, hate it once it’s past 24c. Love sunshine, but excessive heat is tiring and makes me feel constantly sick. And as for those disgusting lazy dog owners, I hate them too, as a dog owner I don’t see why it’s so difficult to pick it up and bin it rather than as mentioned picking it and leaving it in trees or just leaving it for others to step in. It doesn’t cost much for bags and costs nothing but a few seconds to bin it! Rant over. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Deep cold
On 30/07/2018 at 08:19, shotski said:

Indications now of a pattern change next week to cooler more unsettled weather. Let’s hope it’s on the money as it’ll be much more pleasant to work in

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy and thundery.
5 minutes ago, alexisj9 said:

Hot humid yuk.

agreed, back to headachy and feeling sick

yuk.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, snowy winters and thunderstorms!

Am I the only one still enjoying it? 

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.
13 minutes ago, Lauren said:

I enjoyed yesterday, can't enjoy humidity. My 16 year old hasn't been well at all, not all heat related, but it sure as hell is not helping.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines
25 minutes ago, Lauren said:

No! I’m loving this weather, too. Wonderful, wish every summer had more days like this. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.
33 minutes ago, Lauren said:

Getting outside in this is simply a joy and so it driving through the countryside with the windows down. The house could do with being cooler but I will certainly miss this weather when it does finally depart.

• Like 6

Posted
50 minutes ago, Lauren said:

No I am enjoying it when it is wound down a little bit temperature wise  

Nice warm evening here with very gentle breeze. Just right. A nice cold beer has been consumed.   So I have mellowed a bit from the aggravation’s of the day. 

Hose going full tilt. Joys of no water meter. As the management at most of the water companies are taking jumbo bonuses I feel no guilt. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines
5 minutes ago, Snipper said:

Hose going full tilt. Joys of no water meter. As the management at most of the water companies are taking jumbo bonuses I feel no guilt. 

Disgusting how these fat cats are continually giving themselves more and more, without proper investment into infrastructure, whilst us ‘little people’ have to pay through the nose for increasingly bad services. It’s only going to get worse after Brexit.

• Like 1

Posted
1 hour ago, shotski said:

Indications now of a pattern change next week to cooler more unsettled weather. Let’s hope it’s on the money as it’ll be much more pleasant to work in

Lets wait and see what tommorow's outlook brings. I'm not sure just yet, we were here 3 weeks ago with an imminent change and we are still sweltering! This is gonna take some shifting.

Call me old fashioned but I want to go back to the 'three hot days and a thunderstorm' weather a few days of 27/28c then all eyes to the south for the storms. Followed by a few coolish showery days. 

This weather confirms my inability to understand why in the name of sanity would older folk move to Spain / Cyprus etc.  

Iceland looks good at the minute. Reykyavik 9c.....bit the booze is wicked expensive! B-)

• Like 1

Posted
  • Location: Chelsfield, Orpington (Kent / SE London) - 115m ASL
  • Location: Chelsfield, Orpington (Kent / SE London) - 115m ASL
1 hour ago, Lauren said:

Nope, I love it too!

• Like 1

Posted
45 minutes ago, stainesbloke said:

It’s only going to get worse after Brexit.

Brexit is probably going to be some of the best and some of the worst of a load of excrement. 

Got a jaundiced view of any expert. I am definitely not one. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow (but who doesnt like that)

I don’t mind the heat in the day at all but it drives me mad at night. I am very lucky I do live on the coast so we get a nice breeze 

• Like 1

Posted
17 minutes ago, Snipper said:

Brexit is probably going to be some of the best and some of the worst of a load of excrement. 

Got a jaundiced view of any expert. I am definitely not one. 

Definitely heading down the excrement path, imho. All a big mess, wouldn’t want to be the one to sort it all out.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Deep cold
3 hours ago, Lauren said:

It’s great at the weekend or to sit in an air conditioned office but to work 12 hours outside is tough. I’ll be happy to see the end of the real heat and low twenties will do fine.  

• Like 1

Posted
3 hours ago, Lauren said:

Now I’ve got an air con unit I’m enjoying it 

• Like 1