Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

SE and East Anglia general weather discussion 26/03/2018 onwards

Captain Shortwave

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: clear skies , hard frost , snow !
3 minutes ago, Surrey said:

You Deffo sure you live in staines? I can't belive the differences we experience over a 3-4 mile difference lol sunny here now.. 

been cloudy all day here in Cobham..... that high res looks pokey later will keep a look out ...

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

A lot of cloud today, but it still reached 25C in the sunny spells that did develop.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines
29 minutes ago, Surrey said:

You Deffo sure you live in staines? I can't belive the differences we experience over a 3-4 mile difference lol sunny here now.. 

Anyone for an early morning bang? 

Steady... 

Euro4 for tonight I will check other high RES when in computer in house model does not agree at all 

18073103_3006.thumb.gif.1262f80f79c1d91e0a96df68eab1bb43.gif18073106_3006.thumb.gif.2237ada22472ed39b2e360d96f6034d0.gif18073109_3006.thumb.gif.01dde30294a619c664fafe342a863556.gif

Yes, that was the sky for most of the day here. Started to clear up about an hour ago, far too late to be of use, but some pretty clouds nonetheless.

What’s your thoughts on the thunderstorm potential early morning? Met Office seem keen...

C1BB2A10-AFAC-4DB0-95F7-B5CA18ADEABA.jpeg

34 minutes ago, stainesbloke said:

Yes, that was the sky for most of the day here. Started to clear up about an hour ago, far too late to be of use, but some pretty clouds nonetheless.

What’s your thoughts on the thunderstorm potential early morning? Met Office seem keen...

C1BB2A10-AFAC-4DB0-95F7-B5CA18ADEABA.jpeg

Give me 10 mins and I will have a look on computer... Few tell tell signs in the clouds here but nothing of much interest yet... 

DSC_1001.thumb.JPG.776d2047e80e64454c73606ebd7636b4.JPG

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

Whilst I'm not expecting any storms, I am defo hoping for a decent amount of rain. Come on you weather gods, let us have a drenching!⛈️

Don't really know how tonight will go really... 

If I was going to have a punt I would say heavy rain with the odd rumble of thunder mixed in..There isn't really any juice to tap into 

I have had to pull up the fax charts to check and we got a cold front chasing after another over us tonight/tomorrow morning as it clears out into the North sea..

Surface pressure chart - Forecast T+12 - Issued at: 01:00 on Mon 30 Jul 2018Surface pressure chart - Forecast T+24 - Issued at: 01:00 on Mon 30 Jul 2018Surface pressure chart - Forecast T+36 - Issued at: 01:00 on Mon 30 Jul 2018

This would kind of assume that what ever happens is in association with these 2 cold fronts making there way over us. The first one slams into the high over Europe and does not really make any progress then the second behind tries to push through..

Looking at the high res well it is pretty clear there is very strong model agreement of some heavy rain.. The question mark remains on how much thunder will be associated with it.

preciprate_015.jpg?2018073012preciprate_017.jpg?2018073012preciprate_019.jpg?2018073012preciprate_021.jpg?2018073012

overview_015.jpg?2018073012overview_018.jpg?2018073012overview_024.jpg?2018073012

overview_015.jpg?2018073012overview_017.jpg?2018073012overview_019.jpg?2018073012

Precipitation EURO4 Tu 31.07.2018 03 GMTPrecipitation EURO4 Tu 31.07.2018 06 GMTPrecipitation EURO4 Tu 31.07.2018 09 GMTPrecipitation EURO4 Tu 31.07.2018 12 GMT

12z Euro 4 I am surprised to see it increase the intensity of any PPN ...Interesting .

What ever happens I wont be staying up for this all looks 2am onwards so maybe an early wake up or not so...

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow

a nice fresh day with a fresh breeze and fresh air adding to the fresh freshness

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe frosts, Heavy snowfall, Thunder and lightning, Stormy weather

It has been a strange day, weather wise. There has been a mixture of variable cloud cover and sporadic sunny spells.  It has become more windier throughout the day.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snowy Weather

Up early, to the sound of heavy rain and a couple of rumbles of thunder, here in S.E.London. Make that four!! :help:

Regards,

Tom. :hi:

• Like 2

Posted

I've just been woken by an approaching storm from the South West. Looking pretty dark in that direction

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme!

Very heavy rain right now and decent, close lightning in SE London. 

Nice to see, but I hope its through by commute time

• Like 2

Posted
8 minutes ago, Jason H said:

I've just been woken by an approaching storm from the South West. Looking pretty dark in that direction

Hi Jason,

Turned into quite a lively, little storm, hasn't it!! But fortunately for "Brontophobic" me, should be moving through, soon!!

Regards,

• Like 1

Posted
  • Location: Caterham-on-the-hill, Surrey, 190m asl (home), Heathrow (work)

Woken up by the heavy rain then not long after came a vivid flash and almighty building shaking bang of thunder, I forgive you Mother Nature for waking me up so early.

• Like 6

Posted

Still crashing away, to the east of here, should be on it's last legs, soon!! He says, hopefully!! :whistling:

Regards,

Tom.

• Like 1

Posted
9 minutes ago, Nick F said:

Woken up by the heavy rain then not long after came a vivid flash and almighty building shaking bang of thunder, I forgive you Mother Nature for waking me up so early.

Well done Nick, spot on with your convective/storm forecast!! :clap:Didn't enjoy reading it but at least, it prepared me!!

Storm forecast Map

• Like 2

Posted

Still going here. Heavy rain. Lightening overhead then should have woken Bexleyheath :)

• Like 2

Posted
1 minute ago, TomSE12 said:

Well done Nick, spot on with your convective/storm forecast!! Didn't enjoy reading it but at least, it prepared me!!

Storm forecast Map

I’m sorry to hear you don’t like thunderstorms, at least the garden is getting a good drink.

• Like 2

Posted

Thanks Nick. Being a horse-racing fan, nice to see a bit of rain for Goodwood, in West Sussex, too. "Glorious Goodwood", begins today.

Up to a few days ago, ground would've been like concrete, glad that it's softened up for the horses, hooves!!

Storm seems to be retreating away, to the east now Is it safe, to go into the kitchen and take my blood pressure medication? :)

Regards,

Tom:hi:

• Like 1

Posted
35 minutes ago, TomSE12 said:

Hi Jason,

Turned into quite a lively, little storm, hasn't it!! But fortunately for "Brontophobic" me, should be moving through, soon!!

Regards,

Does that mean I’m Nocto-Brontophobic, as thunder and lightning only truly scare me at night?

But the current one is providing some much needed refreshment, albeit flooding local roads!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, TomSE12 said:

Hi Jason,

Regards,

Tom. 

Ah, snap.

Life's a gfuqhgfpjh, ain't it.?.

Seriously, I can't even say, gfuqhgfpjh, on this thing.

Edited by Scully
  • Like 1