Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

SE and East Anglia general weather discussion 26/03/2018 onwards

Captain Shortwave

The issue with these short sharp cooler interludes is that your body ever so slightly does it's best to keep cool in hot weather.. If that period of time is a couple of weeks or more then you begin to ever so slightly "get use to" to those conditions. Bit like jumping into a cold pool then 30 seconds later you are like "THE WATER IS GREAT!" after the first "OMG!! THATS COLD!"

OR

Steps of plane on holiday "WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW its warm"

Steps of plane when home "OMG ITS FREEZING!"

Same principle.. 

The same thing happens but this time we have been experiencing it for going on 2 months. It can actually make a lot of people Ill this kind of very sudden switch if they are an indoors person and have a very weak immune system. People that sit in AC all the time are much more likely to be tired and ill as your body constantly fights to try get use to the cold conditions and then extreme heat again repeat.

Its not so much that it is "cold" just that it "feels cold" now I have woken up today and it feels "normal" again..

Todays weather could be summed up like this 

"Crappy summers weather what a waste of a Sunday... blah blah" But actually it's more like "YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS RAIN"

Looks like some of our region might even get more than some places in the SW unless the rain fills in a bit all looks like the heavier stuff is further south and on course for us. 

Using the accumulated charts today..

EURO4 - Agrees with me above.. 

Precipitation accum. EURO4 Su 29.07.2018 21 GMT

AROME not sure I agree with this... doesn't look right

accprecip_021.jpg?2018072900

ARPEGE - Similar to Arome

HIRLAM

Wind will slowly increase today already a noticeable breeze picking up from calm this morning.. 

Used the AROME and the Net weather model.. Also interesting is some beefy showers later today and early tomorrow morning after the main rain has gone through.. 

gustkph_008.jpg?2018072900gustkph_010.jpg?2018072900gustkph_012.jpg?2018072900gustkph_014.jpg?2018072900

Note the Arome doing its usual thing with these showers in that they could bring localised increase in wind speed..

gustkph_020.jpg?2018072900preciprate_020.jpg?2018072900 preciprate_025.jpg?2018072900gustkph_025.jpg?2018072900

Netweather NMM ImageNetweather NMM ImageNetweather NMM Image

Net weather model also has the showers rattling in later.. 

Netweather NMM ImageNetweather NMM ImageNetweather NMM ImageNetweather NMM Image

Could be summed up as "wild in summer" "bog standard in autumn" 

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Heat, Cold, Sun

Had to cancel Outdoor CrossFit today with the under 15’s which is a shame. 

Cant wait for it to warm/dry up again.... Roll on Tuesday... 

Posted

I am amazed. I played golf on that strong wind yesterday. Ansd it was fine. It was a very useable day dry all washing and cleared the warm air out. We have months of rain and wind to look forward to.  To say its cold is ridiculous. We have had one day of poor weather in 62 days. Are we never satisfied we wait once in a generation for a summer like this its a blip whilst the next set of heat builds. 

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, snowy winters and thunderstorms!

Rains about to begin and is forecast to last all day! Quite the change!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

It’s raining quite heavily here, the plants and gardens will be enjoying this. Feels a bit strange after all the sunshine we’ve had, but it looks like it’ll be sustained/heavy enough to be useful. The wind is already gusting from the SSE. 17C currently.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Deep cold
45 minutes ago, Ben Lewis said:

Had to cancel Outdoor CrossFit today with the under 15’s which is a shame. 

Cant wait for it to warm/dry up again.... Roll on Tuesday... 

What sport Ben ?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, snow, and wind storms

Heavy rain and a strengthening breeze here currently.

Posted

The wind was annoying yesterday, abandoned sowing autumn veg seed as the seeds kept blowing out of my hand! And this morning I had to turn the lights on to make breakfast...quite a shock to the system. However, this cool shot is lovely and much needed, it's nice to have other weather.

• Like 2

Posted

i know its summer!!  but  on our localradio station there talk of our bridge might shut to high winds  ex soon i see we got a storm in coming  !!

Posted
  • Location: IN THE FOOT HILLS AND DENSELY FORESTED AREAS OF TUNBRIDGE WELLS IN KENT
  • Weather Preferences: I like a bit of weather
  • Location: IN THE FOOT HILLS AND DENSELY FORESTED AREAS OF TUNBRIDGE WELLS IN KENT
1 hour ago, stainesbloke said:

It’s raining quite heavily here, the plants and gardens will be enjoying this. Feels a bit strange after all the sunshine we’ve had, but it looks like it’ll be sustained/heavy enough to be useful. The wind is already gusting from the SSE. 17C currently.

Yes... Same as in Tunbridge Wells... And you are absolutely right that it should be heavy and sustained enough to be useful.  Fields round here are parched and the farmers will be delighted.  

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe frosts, Heavy snowfall, Thunder and lightning, Stormy weather

There has been light to moderate rain fall in South Ockendon, it started about 8 am.  It is still raining now (10:32am), except it is very light rain.  The last time we had this amount of rain was either in April or in May.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, snow, and wind storms

Moderate-heavy steady rain!! I can almost hear the ground and plantlife sighing in relief!

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe frosts, Heavy snowfall, Thunder and lightning, Stormy weather

My cat Simba has just come in, it must be a sure sign that the rain is going to getting more heavier.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: cold and snowy. Summer: hot and sunny

It is vile out there. 

Roll on the return of summer later this week! 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

Cloudy with light to moderate rain and a moderate S breeze, 17C...I might even be able to get wet this arvo!:yahoo:

• Like 2

Posted

Loving the rain, plants loving it too, still perfectly warm enough too for my liking, sitting here with patio doors open, watching and listening to the rain 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Deep cold

Lovely out there at the moment, plants and animals loving it. With a downgrade of anything really hot next week it’s happy days

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.

Got all the windows open letting the wind blow through the house to cool it down, it's just starting to feel more comfortable. At last.

• Like 3

Posted
34 minutes ago, shotski said:

Lovely out there at the moment, plants and animals loving it. With a downgrade of anything really hot next week it’s happy days

says who? latest GFS showing highs of 31C next weekend.... ☀️

• Like 3

Posted

Today is a near  perfect day with the earlier winds and rain has dramatically cooled the temperatures down but the humidity is still has not gone. I have taken a video and a few photos which I am downloading.  The video will go on YouTube as it is too big put on here.  Once the my video has been downloaded, I will add the photos to the gallery.

Posted

Here is the YouTube link:

Posted

I am unable to edit that camera's date as it is showing the wrong year.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

Feels and smells autumnal today, looks warmer from tomorrow with summer returning next week. Shouldn’t be too hot and humid, 25-30C, perfect. 

• Like 3