Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

SE and East Anglia general weather discussion 26/03/2018 onwards

Captain Shortwave

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Heat, Cold, Sun

Awful weather, cool, windy and rainy tomorrow by the looks of it. 

Hurry up next week - back to the warm temperatures 

Got enough of this crap weather to deal with come October for 6 months. 

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Plumes and streamers

Can’t wait til next week :

This cold wind will go - things will heat up again and then it will be our turn to get storms.

Won’t be sharing them though - as soon as they reach Oxford or the Wash I want them to stop in their tracks - that lot everywhere else have had enough already.

Fair’s fair

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: 22-38C in summer with storms, cold in winter with some snow/or 15-25C
16 minutes ago, Ben Lewis said:

Awful weather, cool, windy and rainy tomorrow by the looks of it. 

Hurry up next week - back to the warm temperatures 

Got enough of this crap weather to deal with come October for 6 months. 

Today's not bad to be fair, 21c is just about warm enough even with the wind, Tomorrow belongs in another season though.

Edited by 95 Degrees

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.
47 minutes ago, Paul1968 said:

Glad the really oppressive heat has gone for now at least but come on dont moan its windy and we have rain Summer's dont come around like this too often and heat lovers will only have to wait until next friday until the next instalment of our quite outstanding summer continues by the looks of it next weekend

Er ok looks like a slug go catch it mr fisherman

I think it is fair to moan about the wind when you get a squall that has completely destroy half the plantlife on the estate in one go, the heat and drought they can survive but being trashed and uprooted is another matter. :p

Shame the rain and thunder missed here and we just got the strong winds from the tail of the cell.

Edited by Captain Shortwave
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Plumes and streamers

I don’t think it’s an overstatement to say it’s a total joke when we get all this shear and potent fronts passing through just as all the exceptional heat has swiftly and quietly fizzled away after weeks and weeks and weeks of intense hot weather.

:nea:

Would have seen seen some amazing cloudscapes today too

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Captain Shortwave said:

I think it is fair to moan about the wind when you get a squall that has completely destroy half the plantlife on the estate in one go, the heat and drought they can survive but being trashed and uprooted is another matter.

Shame the rain and thunder missed here and we just got the strong winds from the tail of the cell.

Looks like the showers are starting to make more inroads into us, if you do catch one then the wind will be even stronger around and in them. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine. And storms
56 minutes ago, Flash bang flash bang etc said:

Can’t wait til next week :

This cold wind will go - things will heat up again and then it will be our turn to get storms.

Won’t be sharing them though - as soon as they reach Oxford or the Wash I want them to stop in their tracks - that lot everywhere else have had enough already.

Fair’s fair

LOL, yesterday evening was our first storm of the year! 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine. And storms

My poor garden has been fried, drowned and blown to bits  As for tomorrow.....meh....even one day is too much!

Posted
13 minutes ago, Norfolk Sheep said:

My poor garden has been fried, drowned and blown to bits  As for tomorrow.....meh....even one day is too much!

Exactly.  I don’t get people complaining about warm weather, it is summer after all. 21c and blustery all day in Portsmouth not a good day even in a usual UK summer. 

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: hot sunny summers to ripen the veg and cold snowy winters of course

That wind today is mad! We've got loads of 10ft Sunflowers, some in pots, spent most of the day tying them to anything solid, fences, window hooks, each other! The tomato plants were flattened overnight, and the chillies are at risk of overturning, and tomorrow looks worse! At least it has been generally sunny and warm today, even the wind hasn't been too cold. Can't wait for summer to return

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snowy Weather

Won't make me popular, on here but really hope the heavier ppn, makes it further S.E., tomorrow!!

gfs-2-24.png?12?12

Regards,

Tom.

• Like 5

Posted
12 minutes ago, TomSE12 said:

Won't make me popular, on here but really hope the heavier ppn, makes it further S.E., tomorrow!!

gfs-2-24.png?12?12

Regards,

Tom.

I’m hoping it goes the other way!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines
10 minutes ago, TomSE12 said:

gfs-2-24.png?12?12

Regards,

Tom.

The rain is welcome, if it’s heavy enough to be useful and doesn’t go on for days. The wind, however.....

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines
10 minutes ago, TomSE12 said:

gfs-2-24.png?12?12

Regards,

Tom.

The rain is welcome, if it’s heavy enough to be useful and doesn’t go on for days. The wind, however.....

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: hot sunny summers to ripen the veg and cold snowy winters of course

Well, if we have to have a day of rain, let's hope it's a good one. Gives me an excuse to do all the indoor jobs I have been neglecting all summer!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snowy Weather

Said it wouldn't make me popular!! But to hear the comments about the wind today, seriously!! You'd think a hurricane, was blowing!! It was so nice to open my front door this morning and feel a fresh BREEZE, blowing in !! It's been like a b....y millpond, for weeks!! We live at the western edge of a huge landmass, with the vast Atlantic to our west, where our prevailing wind, emanates from, what do you expect, the DOLDRUMS!!

Regards,

Tom.

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...
6 minutes ago, TomSE12 said:

Said it wouldn't make me popular!! But to hear the comments about the wind today, seriously!! You'd think a hurricane, was blowing!! It was so nice to open my front door this morning and feel a fresh BREEZE, blowing in !! It's been like a b....y millpond, for weeks!! We live at the western edge of a huge landmass, with the vast Atlantic to our west, where our prevailing wind, emanates from, what do you expect, the DOLDRUMS!!

Regards,

Tom.

It's odd innit?

As I have to keep re-opening my windows, because the wind keeps blowing them shut, some folks are, it seems, on the very verge of quoting windchill factors...?❄️

Come on folks - when was the last time we had a three-months'-long spell of warm and sunny weather? 1995?

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...
5 minutes ago, Portsmouth Sun said:

Even in a normal summer today wasn’t great and tomorrow looks grim. 

Fair enough, PS - but don't you want to see any butterflies, next year? Or buy a bag of chips for less than £2? All these things are adversely affected by the near total absence of rainfall...some butterfly species have still not recovered from the summer of 1976...

That said; whatever will be will be?:good:

Posted

Although my garden has been battered and the runner beans are in a state of mild shock today has been wonderful to actually get some fresh, cooler air in my lungs. This past week my wife, who hails from South East Asia has been complaining about the heat, and from where she comes from that's saying something about the past week. Anyway it's going to warm up again later in the week and I hope we get another week or two of hot weather. But today has been a refreshing day. And it's been bloody welcome.

• Like 1

Posted
37 minutes ago, Portsmouth Sun said:

Even in a normal summer today wasn’t great and tomorrow looks grim. 

Nah, after the last few days, tomorrow looks FANTASTIC! ☔

• Like 1