Cold?
IGNORED

SE and East Anglia general weather discussion 26/03/2018 onwards

Captain Shortwave

Posted
  • Location: Chelsfield, Orpington (Kent / SE London) - 115m ASL
  • Location: Chelsfield, Orpington (Kent / SE London) - 115m ASL
1 hour ago, Surrey said:

If you catch a shower today it could bring some damaging wind gusts with it.. Already pretty windy out 

We've already had a few large branches of a flowing buddleia bush come down - I thought it had been struck by lighening but think it must have just been the wind 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe frosts, Heavy snowfall, Thunder and lightning, Stormy weather
49 minutes ago, DAVID SNOW said:

Apologies if already posted, does anyone have the confirmed max temp of yesterday? (official station)

I have been looking online but I have not found anything from official sources.

• Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe frosts, Heavy snowfall, Thunder and lightning, Stormy weather

It's  a bit breezy in South Ockendon.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, snowy winters and thunderstorms!

Very surprised by the wind. Very gusty!

Posted

Max Yesterday was 34.7c at Tibenham according to Met Office Stats so nowhere near the record

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine. And storms

Bright and breezy after some early morning rain, much fresher and feeling quite chilly with that 10 deg drop in temps!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Varied and not extreme.

I'm rather concerned about the effects on my health of trying to sleep last night.  Our central hating control has a digital display showing the temperature inside the house, and it was at 30C when we settled down.  In addition, though th external temperature had dropped to 18C, the dew point had been around 95% earlier when I last checked Wunderground.  I was initially unable to sleep, but dozed off for around an hour or so.  When I woke up, the temperature had dropped to 29C, but I felt rather "out of it" and slightly light-headed.  After around 30 minutes laying on top of the bed, I cooled-off enough to sleep for a couple or three hours, but, even now, I have a headache and I'm not thinking clearly.  Could I have experienced heat stroke overnight?

Edited by chrisbell-nottheweatherman

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Hot and Sunny but not opressive

Still very pleasant outside today , children playing in the paddling pool and it feels quite warm .

Posted
5 minutes ago, chrisbell-nottheweatherman said:

I'm rather concerned about the effects on jy health of trying to sleep last night.  Our central hating control has a digital display showing the temperature inside the house, and it was at 30C when we settled down.  In addition, though th external temperature had dropped to 18C, the dew point had been around 95% earlier when I last checked Wunderground.  I was initially unable to sleep, but dozed off for around an hour or so.  When I woke up, the temperature had dropped to 29C, but I felt rather "out of it" and slightly light-headed.  After around 30 minutes laying on top of the bed, I cooled-off enough to sleep for a couple or three hours, but, even now, I have a headache and I'm not thinking clearly.  Could I have experienced heat stroke overnight?

Every chance you could, it was horribly humid last night.  Drink plenty of water and hopefully you will feel better soon enough. I’ve felt lousy for days, dizzy and short of breath, feel slightly better today as I’m sitting in the breeze and the temps are now better and the humidity has dropped. Hope you feel better soon.

Posted

Finally, we are back to normal summer temperatures (for me anyway).  It is so much nicer today and is a pleasure to be up and about without breaking out in a sweat! As for that breeze....  perfick!!  

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Varied and not extreme.
4 minutes ago, Blazerblue said:

Every chance you could, it was horribly humid last night.  Drink plenty of water and hopefully you will feel better soon enough. I’ve felt lousy for days, dizzy and short of breath, feel slightly better today as I’m sitting in the breeze and the temps are now better and the humidity has dropped. Hope you feel better soon.

Thanks.  I'm just rather concerned about neurological damage, as someone who tends to worry about my health.

Posted

@chrisbell-nottheweatherman If it persists then obviously see a doctor. Don’t over exert yourself, maybe cool water on a cloth on your forehead too to lower body temp.  Overheating to the best of my knowledge won’t leave lasting problems. Drink plenty and take it easy.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy and thundery.

went out to see if we could see the moon, got rained on and saw some amazing looking cloud but no. It was so lovely out at 9:30 last night I think we upset our neighbour as they were watching bubs running like a loom on the grass outside. I think the air helped me have a good 9hrs sleep which I haven;t had in a long while. Got woken by a door banging as house  was still hot inside and the windows were open, so windy. And still rainy.

it's autumn. 

hoorah

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

Saw an interesting looking shower cloud building but it’s largely sunny here. That wind is way too strong though, hate it.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

It is an okay afternoon, the temperature is up to 23C but there is a really strong wind at times, it is certainly clearing the heat within the house though which is nice.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines
Just now, Surrey said:

Very strong winds now, going to be a few branches down I think, wasn't expecting it to be this windy 

It’s awful! Twigs and small branches being blown off the trees, feels decidedly chilly too. Tomorrow looks worse. Roll on Monday!

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, snowy winters and thunderstorms!

So windy it's blown half my washing off the line!

• Like 1

Posted

I have been trying to keep the back door to my garden open but I have given up as it is too windy.  One of my bird feeders was blown off the ground and earlier on my new weather vane was whizzing frantically.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: 22-38C in summer with storms, cold in winter with some snow/or 15-25C

God that wind is ghastly, sure didn't miss this! good thing it'll be gone in a few days and Summer '18 can resume.

Edited by 95 Degrees
  • Like 1

Posted

Personally, loving the cool wind, doors and windows open cooling the house down after the oppressive heat. More than happy for summer to stay on the cooler side with the sun shining after weeks of what have been hellish to me. But we all like different things 

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms,snow+gales

Glad the really oppressive heat has gone for now at least but come on dont moan its windy and we have rain Summer's dont come around like this too often and heat lovers will only have to wait until next friday until the next instalment of our quite outstanding summer continues by the looks of it next weekend

19 hours ago, Mapantz said:

Airmass composite from 8:30pm:

726385417_2018-07-27(2).thumb.png.118c319e4bb1956671b6de218f953bc2.png

I was supposed to post this in the convection thread 

Er ok looks like a slug go catch it mr fisherman

• Like 1