Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

SE and East Anglia general weather discussion 26/03/2018 onwards

Captain Shortwave

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, snowy winters and thunderstorms!

We have torrential rain!!! A couple of loud rumbles but I think the stormy stuff is too far to the West.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe frosts, Heavy snowfall, Thunder and lightning, Stormy weather

This morning we are getting the lightning, thunder and rain that was promised yesterday for Thurrock.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe frosts, Heavy snowfall, Thunder and lightning, Stormy weather

I have never been so excited about rain and the pressure reading on my barometer has lowered since last night and the needle has just past the change point.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snowy Weather

Sun out again, after a short spell of rain. So nice to feel fresher again, after the past few weeks.

Sorry all you "heat freaks" and Brontophiles, stand aside, most of you, have had your fill!! Let this partial Brontophobe and lover of cooler weather, have his place in the sun!!:D

I'm sure your turn, will come around again, before the end of Summer!!

Regards,

Tom:hi:

• Like 3

41 minutes ago, TomSE12 said:

Sun out again, after a short spell of rain. So nice to feel fresher again, after the past few weeks.

Sorry all you "heat freaks" and Brontophiles, stand aside, most of you, have had your fill!! Let this partial Brontophobe and lover of cooler weather, have his place in the sun!!

I'm sure your turn, will come around again, before the end of Summer!!

Regards,

Tom

I reakon Thurs / Friday will be good for you Tom

23 then onto 25-26...

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: An Alpine climate - snowy winters and sunny summers

Looking at the 'post storm' analysis of strikes from Convective Weather shows overall a very active night for the UK (215,000 strikes) and particularly for our Region. But reading back through the posts of the last few pages there are comments from folk in Worthing, East Sussex and East Norfolk that they largely missed out. I've zoomed in on the strikes chart and you can indeed see two distinct 'fingers' of hardly any activity - particularly the one from the South Coast up through Sussex and into the Dartford/Thurrock area. That's definitely bad luck!

1420955387_ConvWeatherTweet28Julyre27July.thumb.jpg.68d77d2945a0583d529e975f6bc41713.jpg153534396_ConvWeatherTweetzoom28Julyre27July.thumb.jpg.cc44247edf6ecd399281bc9e8cfe838a.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...
41 minutes ago, Blazerblue said:

Well disappointed by the rain we barely got and it’s still warm and humid this morning. So much for fresher conditions 

It was all an anticlimax in the end, wasn't it, BB? It took me a long while to get to sleep, though.

• Like 1

Posted

Yes @Ed Stone was indeed and still so hot for sleeping. The lightening off to the north n West was nice to see, but no real thunder except the odd rumble in the distance. Seems to be a line moving towards us from the south west this morning, but think it’s fading before reaching us 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, snowy winters and thunderstorms!
17 minutes ago, Blessed Weather said:

Looking at the 'post storm' analysis of strikes from Convective Weather shows overall a very active night for the UK (215,000 strikes) and particularly for our Region. But reading back through the posts of the last few pages there are comments from folk in Worthing, East Sussex and East Norfolk that they largely missed out. I've zoomed in on the strikes chart and you can indeed see two distinct 'fingers' of hardly any activity - particularly the one from the South Coast up through Sussex and into the Dartford/Thurrock area. That's definitely bad luck!

1420955387_ConvWeatherTweet28Julyre27July.thumb.jpg.68d77d2945a0583d529e975f6bc41713.jpg153534396_ConvWeatherTweetzoom28Julyre27July.thumb.jpg.cc44247edf6ecd399281bc9e8cfe838a.jpg

Medway fell into that area of inactivity. Storms to the East and West, but nothing over us.

• Like 1

Posted

Didn' think I would ever say this but the fresher weather today is much welcomed. I do think the there is a serious chance of record braking temperatures in first 2 weeks of August. 

Posted

Not had much media attention but the highest temperature for hottest day of the year on Thursday was actually recorded in Faversham. It took a day to verify but it’s now official - 35.3 degrees beating the previously announced high temp of 35.1 recorded in Surrey.

http://www.kentonline.co.uk/faversham/news/kent-records-uks-hottest-temperature-187094/

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Plumes and streamers
13 minutes ago, Blessed Weather said:

Goes to show how misleading these strike charts can be sometimes. Especially when you consider it’s a combination of strikes for the whole day...

You could locally have two sporadic cells with fairly isolated lightning occurring 12 hours apart - and it would appear to be a semi-decent one.

Either way the North East got a great show.

Again, a limitation of this kind of chart is that the density of lightning that occurred in the cells further north isn’t too obvious here.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

Much cooler and fresher here, with sunny skies after some early rain. Unfortunately all spoilt by a howling SW’ly wind. Would be nicer without that. Currently 18C.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

The sun is out and it certainly feels quite fresh, temperatures should still recover to average or even a little above if we get some decent sunny spells throughout the day.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...
4 minutes ago, Blazerblue said:

Gone dark here and can hear thunder!

Thought I was imagining it!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, snow, and wind storms

That sw’erly is SO refreshing!!

• Like 1

Posted

Thunderstorm just moments before it hit Greatstone yesterday evening, it was certainly very wild for a while. Very strong south-westerly wind as I type although dry and sunny to go with it.

IMG_5959.JPG

• Like 6

Posted
38 minutes ago, DAVID SNOW said:

Apologies if already posted, does anyone have the confirmed max temp of yesterday? (official station)

Well the max is oddly missing from the Met Office last 24 hours webpage. Unless there is a discussion / dispute about the final figure.