Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

SE and East Anglia general weather discussion 26/03/2018 onwards

Captain Shortwave

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Varied and not extreme.

UEA weather station must be faulty - it's only showing 30C while most of the rest in the area are showing 33C?

Posted

It must be close to 35oC out there. Felt like July 1 2015 when I just went out . Furnace

Edited by c00ps

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, snow, and wind storms

Outside my drive the tarmac is very dark, and absorbs the heat. I kid you not-- There was a piece of plastic which hadn't melted so to speak, but had become very soft & sticky!

• Like 1

Posted

A WOW temperature of 37.4C near Ramsey, north of Cambridge/Huntingdon .... massive pinch of salt with these personal stations....however there will be microclimates out there

https://www.wunderground.com/personal-weather-station

Posted

Here in lowland East London I'm showing 33c which is blisteringly hot.

City Airport is 34c which is just off Heathrow - will anywhere reach 36c today, not sure ?

Posted

dipped to 36.2C now for that Ramsey/Bury reading XD..dodgy to drop that much so quick!

Edited by Bryn Webster

Posted

Quick question..... How much will the mid layer - cloud cover over Cambridge and the area reduce the potential max temperatures? Incredibly humid here...cant cool..... local weather station reported 34.9C but dipped slightly with more cloud

Edited by Bryn Webster

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy and thundery.

headache - check

waiting for man with another fan - check

showers appearing now -check

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy and thundery.

shower missing me -check check check

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms/ Snow

36.5 Romford 

I can see some very big clouds building out there .  Just had a cold shower (indoors) , feel better now. 

Edited by Ste L

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything unusual

Looks like maybe the area around IOW could do well later. 

Will have to settle for the light show again! 

26 minutes ago, Bryn Webster said:

A WOW temperature of 37.4C near Ramsey, north of Cambridge/Huntingdon .... massive pinch of salt with these personal stations....however there will be microclimates out there

https://www.wunderground.com/personal-weather-station

404 error!!!

Posted
59 minutes ago, snow raven said:

The heat today is awful - worse humidity I have experienced for a few years. Will be extremely disapointment if we aren't rewarded with a decent storm for putting up with this today

Be grateful you don’t have to put up with every day for months on end like in some countries.Unlike UK maybe once every decade or so.

Posted
3 minutes ago, SLEETY said:

Be grateful you don’t have to put up with every day for months on end like in some countries.Unlike UK maybe once every decade or so.

Sorry for voicing an opinion!  My hatred of heat is exactly why I won't ever up sticks and move somewhere where these types of temperatures are the norm for months on end.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Surprises

"Happy Easter" everyone; as seen on page one of this thread - Sorry bit late to the party

Temps here are melting my chocolate 33c + Here in our Scorched Serengeti-esk garden

knees bruised - praying for rain, blisters somewhere else - rain dancing... the mother of all thunderstorms could be a cure yet want to see the lunar eclipse on fri night - ummm, daddy or chips? ⚡

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Over 18C please!
4 minutes ago, SLEETY said:

If we were brought up in a country with these conditions we would be used to them, and not complaining about them., But we weren't so we do LOL

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Well I must admit I was expected temperatures to be down as there has been quite a lot of cloud but wow it is sweltering out there. 33C and it feels pretty tropical as I got wet going to the shop in Peterborough as some convective splashes of rain were squeezed out of some of these clouds.

• Like 3

Posted

Thunder and sharp shower out of nowhere in Cambridge....temperatures pegged back down to 32C

First time since early May we have had rain  (Cambridge to Norwich belt been exceptionally dry and missed most showers)

Edited by Bryn Webster
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.

I wasn't expecting this cloud down here,. Looks like things are ripe for later today, maybe.

1532617690630-1663911612.jpg

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snowy or sunny but not too hot!
5 minutes ago, interested & confused said:

If we were brought up in a country with these conditions we would be used to them, and not complaining about them., But we weren't so we do LOL

Hello I & C.

I don't know about that. My daughter in law is from the Philippines and moved here about 2 years ago. She finds the humidity and heat here a bit much and tends to sit in the shade when it is available. In those countries they do not sit in the sun and stay out of the hot conditions midday unlike mad dogs and English Men.

At the football yesterday evening I was talking to a fellow supporter who has a partner living in northern Thailand only about 60 miles from the Cambodian border. He spends quite a bit of time out there as he and hs partners have business interests there. He has not been back long from his last visit and said it is not so uncomfortable there as we have endured recently.

Kind Regards

Dave

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Surprises
4 minutes ago, interested & confused said:

(- :  we're so fortunate to live in a country where the most common conversation is the weather; changeable, unpredictable and impact-full.

The same could be applied to a few other countries for other reasons - i know which i'd choose... but please make it rain soon please , cant cope with Waitrose running our of mixed salad - LOL

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

Joint hottest (with Monday) at 30.7, last time I checked...Tomorrow could go either way:  a lot of cloud, it'll be around 28; bugger-all cloud, it might even reach 34?

To all those (including myself) who are moaning about the heat...in 1976 no-one was moaning about it!:D

• Like 2