Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

SE and East Anglia general weather discussion 26/03/2018 onwards

Captain Shortwave

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Varied and not extreme.
2 hours ago, Katrine Basso said:

It's getting so hard to keep cool in the heat that I even resorted to listening to thunder and lightning YouTube videos as it is the nearest thing I have to the real thing.  My outside temperature according to my garden thermometer is 29 °C  (in the shade) but the Thurrock Weather website (stationed in Tilbury) has it at 31.8 °C .

Santon Downham (around 2025 miles from here on the Brecks) has hit 33.3C today - our nearest amateur station on Wunderground is showing 30C here which I suspect is an underestimate.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, crisp, calm and sunny
2 hours ago, Katrine Basso said:

It's getting so hard to keep cool in the heat that I even resorted to listening to thunder and lightning YouTube videos as it is the nearest thing I have to the real thing.  My outside temperature according to my garden thermometer is 29 °C  (in the shade) but the Thurrock Weather website (stationed in Tilbury) has it at 31.8 °C .

@Katrine Basso Definity empathise with your YouTube preference!  I’ve been obsessively staring in glazed and slightly hysterical fashion at March blizzard photos in Scottish and North regional threads today. 

Hit 30C here (shade) nearly three hours ago. Which in fairness we’ve had more than  a few times since May, although that was before my house turned into a permanent award winning Devil designed des res in a sought after area of Hell... :shok:

Edited by Soaring Hawk
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, snowy winters and thunderstorms!

Just insane. My patio is still too hot to walk barefoot on and it's nearly 7pm!

The cat has now resorted to lying on the kitchen floor or in the shade on the patio. Not sure he's taken more than a dozen steps in a week!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Heat, Cold, Sun

The first time ever during this summer where it actually feels humid and sticky sitting in my house. 

But still loving every minute- better than Atlantic rain muck. 

Onto the second San Miguel  cheers!!!!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Still over 30C and in fact it is still 32C just down the road in Cambridge, the first seriously hot day.

arpegeuk-41-27-0.png?23-18   arpegeuk-41-52-0.png?23-18   arpegeuk-41-75-0.png?23-18

Tomorrow looks to favour the same spots as today with Cambridgeshire/Suffolk and Norfolk the hottest just about. Wednesday favours the London area due to a few showers breaking out and almost increasing sea breezes as pressure is very slack over the region. Thursday looks very hot with an increasingly hot airmass moving up from France, this may or may not hold on into Friday long enough to produce another hot day.

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe frosts, Heavy snowfall, Thunder and lightning, Stormy weather
1 hour ago, Soaring Hawk said:

@Katrine Basso Definity empathise with your YouTube preference!  I’ve been obsessively staring in glazed and slightly hysterical fashion at March blizzard photos in Scottish and North regional threads today. 

Hit 30C here (shade) nearly three hours ago. Which in fairness we’ve had more than  a few times since May, although that was before my house turned into a permanent award winning Devil designed des res in a sought after area of Hell... :shok:

Thanks, I have went on to YouTube and I have found Scottish snowy scenes, and two of them were during the winter of 1962-1963.  I am waiting for to cool down a bit as I need to go to the shop.

Posted
1 hour ago, Captain Shortwave said:

Still over 30C and in fact it is still 32C just down the road in Cambridge, the first seriously hot day.

arpegeuk-41-27-0.png?23-18   arpegeuk-41-52-0.png?23-18   arpegeuk-41-75-0.png?23-18

Tomorrow looks to favour the same spots as today with Cambridgeshire/Suffolk and Norfolk the hottest just about. Wednesday favours the London area due to a few showers breaking out and almost increasing sea breezes as pressure is very slack over the region. Thursday looks very hot with an increasingly hot airmass moving up from France, this may or may not hold on into Friday long enough to produce another hot day.

Thankyou Captain.

• Like 1

Posted
4 hours ago, moogyboobles said:

I have no idea how I'm going to get through work this week! I have a wedding and a music festival to shoot, no escape from the heat for me.
I'm just really hoping my tent lives up to the job, it's especially designed to keep cool, black on the inside and white on the outside.

Enjoy, if you can.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...
6 minutes ago, Steve Murr said:

Hottest day of the year official ( in suffolk ) 33.3c

Aye, Steve - tell me about it?

I've got moob-sweat. Which, like all complaints that affect us all, is so much more serious when it's affecting men!

Edited by Ed Stone
  • Like 2

Posted
1 hour ago, Steve Murr said:

Hottest day of the year official ( in suffolk ) 33.3c

Ooh Matron. :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Hot and Sunny but not opressive

A lovely 23c here in costa Almería right now , got up to 34c today  , a case of out of the frying pan and in to the Oven on my return .

Edited by Mark wheeler
  • Like 3

Posted

My friend is back from her honeymoon in St Lucia and she says it feels hotter her than she's experienced the whole time she was there.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Heat, Cold, Sun
5 minutes ago, Mark wheeler said:

A lovely 23c here in costa Almería right now , got up to 34c today  , a case of out of the frying pan and in to the Oven on my return .

I was in Almeria 2 weeks ago... believe me Almeria feels and is hotter than here. Will take a miracle to feel more stifling than Almeria and Andalucia in the UK. 

Its hot here but nothing like the humidity SE Spain experience 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Varied and not extreme.
1 hour ago, Ed Stone said:

Aye, Steve - tell me about it?

I've got moob-sweat. Which, like all complaints that affect us all, is so much more serious when it's affecting men!

TMI, old chap!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...
6 minutes ago, Lauren said:

My friend is back from her honeymoon in St Lucia and she says it feels hotter her than she's experienced the whole time she was there.

Maybe that was down to expectation, Lauren? The usual thermal underwear and parkas were not required, this time?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe frosts, Heavy snowfall, Thunder and lightning, Stormy weather

The temperature has gone down to 23.4 °C .  Earlier on when I was out, there was a lovely cool breeze which has disappeared.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snowy or sunny but not too hot!
55 minutes ago, Lauren said:

Hello Lauren.

Was that because she was in an air conditioned hotel room for the majority of the time she was there?

Kind Regards

Dave

Posted
3 minutes ago, claret047 said:

Hello Lauren.

Was that because she was in an air conditioned hotel room for the majority of the time she was there?

Kind Regards

Dave

Ha no! She said the heat there was a lot more bearable and there was always a cool sea breeze whereas here it's a bit different!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Hot and Sunny but not opressive
59 minutes ago, Ben Lewis said:

I was in Almeria 2 weeks ago... believe me Almeria feels and is hotter than here. Will take a miracle to feel more stifling than Almeria and Andalucia in the UK. 

Its hot here but nothing like the humidity SE Spain experience 

Thanks Ben , was a good day here , it got quite unbearable around 14:00 today and come on quite quick and then because we had relief of pools it wasn’t quite so bad , it does make me chuckle when you put in google etc temperatures for Almería and they give you a high like 25 c when in reality it’s at least 10c higher .

on another note my mother was trying to be enthusiastic about my holiday experience etc , but as she has just finished a 10 shift in a dry cleaners ( in London ) I could tell she just wanted a vodka and coke along with a cool bath .

Edited by Mark wheeler

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine. And storms

I actually experienced actual rain in Kent last Friday - it was brilliant! 

• Like 1