Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

SE and East Anglia general weather discussion 26/03/2018 onwards

Captain Shortwave

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, snowy winters and thunderstorms!
12 minutes ago, Dami said:

shame people think this heat is so amazing, they have no time for the likes of us who suffer in 25c yet alone 35c heat, who have a daughter who like her mum gets nose bleeds in the heat and it's making me so ill at times I have to be laying on bed with a wet flannel on my head and a fan on because I can barely do much else.

How about some consideration?

oh and when we get our 6 months of rain I shall make sure it is known about.

Dami out.

Well I guess there's going to be people who suffer in all weathers. I don't think it's a lack of consideration, more just appreciation of a weather they like. I think it's a given that people who are struggling have every sympathy, but we can't not enjoy weather just because some are suffering. We'd never enjoy anything!

• Like 9

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: clear skies , hard frost , snow !

stunning early evening with a lovely sunset across sundown park in Esher... might as well enjoy this amazing spell of weather whilst we have it one persons amazing weather is another ones dreaded weather type , the weather will do whatever its going to do...

• Like 3

Posted

31C - 32C from Monday lasting all week is going to be interesting 1f525.png1f525.png1f525.png1f525.png

• Like 1

Posted

The summer is unsettling me by how good it is not had a single rainy day, this time last year the summer took a nosedive not this one, while it looks very hot near end of next week. Early August I reckon will be the hottest period of summer 35-40C who knows! Too much already quite frankly, I look forward to change of autumn.  

• Like 2

Posted
8 hours ago, Lauren said:

Well I guess there's going to be people who suffer in all weathers. I don't think it's a lack of consideration, more just appreciation of a weather they like. I think it's a given that people who are struggling have every sympathy, but we can't not enjoy weather just because some are suffering. We'd never enjoy anything!

‘Shall we have a barbecue dear?’

‘Best not, there’s people that can’t afford barbecues’

sorry, but that’s ridiculous. I guarantee the OP doesn’t live their life that way either. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Tornadoes, Snow and Hot Sun
13 hours ago, Dami said:

Can't believe they are saying 34c.  It's hot enough

The point is, it's not me wanting the rain, it's needed. 

I feel ya Dami! I did see your other post and had to post my agreement on this one.

its really hard for me personally to see this summer (so far) for what it is... fantastic. I’m a heat lover, sunbathe as much a poss and usually long for the melting hot days of summer. However, this year I’m currently 7 months pregnant, and have a toddler I can honestly say I have never in my life suffered with the heat like I am now. I walk the eldest 2 to school and back everyday which is a 5 Mile round trip and on a couple of occasions I’ve actually cried where it’s made me feel so ill. I feel miserable most days and stay indoors as much as possible. It’s awful. Thank God they break up on Tuesday.

I didn’t understand before how people could moan about lovely sunny weather and heat but now I do. I wake up every morning and come in here to see what’s in store for the day and feel panic creep in when I know it’s going to be another hot one, seriously. So for all those suffering, I feel you! 

Worryingly, something I have never seen before is happening outside my door. The trees in the park are losing their leaves. I’m guessing this is from lack of water. I’ve never seen this before, it’s July yet looking like Autumn out there. It’s going to be a strange Autumn if there’s hardly any leaves on the ground as they’ve lost them already! 

1E9CD9BA-C760-4586-9340-A8B31AAE5731.jpeg

• Like 7

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

A lot of high-level cloud this morning. That probably is the reason for the rather volatile temperature forecasts for today.

The temperature will reach between 25c and 29c depending on sunshine amounts. Cooler near the coasts with afternoon sea breezes.

Still next week looks hot to very hot but maybe the Atlantic trough might edge east enough to cool things off by next weekend.

Edited by Captain Shortwave

Posted
1 hour ago, Captain Shortwave said:

A lot of high-level cloud this morning. That probably is the reason for the rather volatile temperature forecasts for today.

The temperature will reach between 25c and 29c depending on sunshine amounts. Cooler near the coasts with afternoon sea breezes.

Still next week looks hot to very hot but maybe the Atlantic trough might edge east enough to cool things off by next weekend.

And it’s yet another very poor cloud forecast. Just watched the Met forecast video and all it mentioned was low cloud and mist! Do they actually check the satellite images any more?

Edited by Djdazzle

Posted
1 hour ago, Captain Shortwave said:

From first thing to last thing yesterday.. In between.."funda bugs" does your head in after a while

DSC_0032.JPG

DSC_0033.JPG

• Like 1

Posted

Super humid today. It's 9.55 and I already have boob sweat.

Posted

What a dire forecast it was today. Hot sunny spells - really?

The Met office forecasts rely too much on computer predictions now rather than actually looking at current conditions. Which has actually reduced the accuracy of the daily forecasts.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy and thundery.
14 hours ago, Lauren said:

well there was a reason I finally saw the error of my ways and 'deleted' that post. 

people can like what they please, no different than me loving cold and snow, however i wouldn't be jumping for joy if the temps went to the likes of say -15c.

let's just say it grates on me to be told 'to stop moaning and enjoy it' 

Edited by Dami
  • Like 2

Posted

It's smack you in the face warm out there. Chuck in dome palm trees and the sound of the sea and you'd be forgiven for thinking you are abroad from the way the heat hits you when you walk outside.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow
3 hours ago, Lauren said:

Super humid today. It's 9.55 and I already have boob sweat.

I get that too, which is rather worrying

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines
9 minutes ago, lassie23 said:

I get that too, which is rather worrying

Thought it was just me. Must be feeling broody?

• Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: 30 Degrees of pure British Celsius

I get it down the crease in my back running south towards the canyon between the cheeks. 29c out there at present on the Essex Riviera.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow

i like the sun and warmth and the long daylight hours, but wasps and humidity can do one.

• Like 1

Posted
4 minutes ago, Froze were the Days said:

I get it down the crease in my back running south towards the canyon between the cheeks. 29c out there at present on the Essex Riviera.

Thanks for that description . . .

• Like 2

Posted
1 minute ago, Portsmouth Sun said:

It’s a very pleasant 27c down here on the coast. Nice northerly breeze meaning the coast is protected thus warmer.  Not sure anywhere will officially get to 30c today.

It was 32.3C earlier on. Dropped down to 31C now

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Heat, Cold, Sun

Its 25c here - doesn’t feel all that humid to be honest. 

It’s actually comfortable 

Thick cloud cover all day 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Oh look the cloud has broken up just in time for the evening. Made it to 25c but rather disappointing.

Still if the cloud melts away then clear skies will deliver the hottest day of the year tomorrow.