Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

SE and East Anglia general weather discussion 26/03/2018 onwards

Captain Shortwave

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, crisp, calm and sunny

The darkest clouds we’ve seen since May. Could today be the day....? 

36B1D130-43D9-4A5C-B37B-93BDC64CD7AD.jpegMy lawn says please please please. As do the green woodpeckers who haven’t found a worm in the iron ground for two months and, sadly, have vanished. 

Edited by Soaring Hawk
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

Loads of gloomy cloud here today that isn’t producing any rain, storms or interesting weather whatsoever. Light winds, however and 23C currently. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

A little brighter during this afternoon compared to yesterday but still a lot of cloud. The temperature is still a decent 25c with barely any breeze at all.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.
On 17/07/2018 at 14:28, stainesbloke said:

A cooler day here with more cloud about and a fresh breeze from the WSW. Currently an average 23C, should please those not enjoying the recent warmth.

It's only 21 here but it's still to hot, the house needs to cool down, it's lovely to go outside in the breeze, but inside the house is getting silly. I came in after pool last night feeling comfortable, picked up two empty cups to make tea in, and they were luke warm to the touch.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy and thundery.

At least it felt fresher until the sun appeared, exactly the same weather as last years picnic. 

A few things :

1. I will skip naked in the garden If beddy has a storm on friday. (well i will feel like doing it)

2. I am not loving any idea of middle 30's c next week

3. I am looking forward to seeing Christmas appearing in the shops, for the first time in about 15 years.

4. I am covered in grass.

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: 22-38C in summer with storms, cold in winter with some snow/or 15-25C

Best summer I've ever experienced in the UK thus far, endless sunshine, comfortable t-shirt warmth pretty much since mid-may and Mediterranean style yellow grass, been amazing for doing outdoor activities, no sign of it ending either.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, snowy winters and thunderstorms!

I tell you what, if I was a kid in the summer holidays, I would be in my element playing out all day. But no. I have to be an adult going to work.

It's cruel that by the time we really appreciate good weather, we're stuck in work and can't enjoy it.

• Like 3

Posted
27 minutes ago, Dami said:

At least it felt fresher until the sun appeared, exactly the same weather as last years picnic. 

A few things :

1. I will skip naked in the garden If beddy has a storm on friday. (well i will feel like doing it)

2. I am not loving any idea of middle 30's c next week

3. I am looking forward to seeing Christmas appearing in the shops, for the first time in about 15 years.

4. I am covered in grass.

Go to Hobbycraft, they have all their xmas card making stuff out already!

• Like 1

Posted
47 minutes ago, Team Squirrel said:

Go to Hobbycraft, they have all their xmas card making stuff out already!

oo there's one not too far away \o/

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines
5 hours ago, alexisj9 said:

It's only 21 here but it's still to hot, the house needs to cool down, it's lovely to go outside in the breeze, but inside the house is getting silly. I came in after pool last night feeling comfortable, picked up two empty cups to make tea in, and they were luke warm to the touch.

Did your house cool down a bit? Reached 26C here this afternoon, nice but lots of cloud. Ants swarmed again so I wonder if it will rain soon. House feels fresh this evening with all the windows open (to be fair, they’re never closed unless I’m going away or it’s freezing).

Chances of some very interesting weather next week, if you like thunderstorms ⛈  

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

So tomorrow looks like another fine day, again cloud could build up which could prevent temperatures rising towards the 30C mark.

arpegeuk-41-27-0.png?18-18

Probably 28C the high tomorrow, probably a degree or so up from today for most.

Friday looks interesting with increasing instability ahead of a cold front. This could trigger a few thunderstorms, sunshine amounts will probably be higher with infill being less of an issue.

arpegeuk-41-51-0.png?18-18

30C the high in London probably. 

The weekend looks mostly dry, Saturday the cloudier and cooler day with the risk of a little rain or perhaps a heavy shower if the cloud breaks up. Sunday looks fine, sunny and hot.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow

Is this unusually long hot spell caused by global warming, or ironically, is low sunspot activity causing the jet stream to buckle and allow blocking highs to form, or is Putin playing with his Haarp machine  or is it none of the above? Let's have a southeast thread debate

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...
2 minutes ago, lassie23 said:

Is this unusually long hot spell caused by global warming, or ironically, is low sunspot activity causing the jet stream to buckle and allow blocking highs to form, or is Putin playing with his Haarp machine  or is it none of the above? Let's have a southeast thread debate

Who know's lass? But, I do suspect that Solar Min will not have the same effect now as it did way back when, in the days prior to AGW; and that those hoping for a run of 1947-esque winters will have a very long wait?

I'm sure that's what you said (as everyone knows) lassie: Putin isn't plucking his HAARP. Or was that 'is'!??

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow events / Wind storms

I'd like to know what happened to to cool down! Still 25c here some places expecting 35c next week, no rain for my area forecast until the 30th! That'll be 8 weeks 

On a side note I did manage to cut the grass and get the sprinkler on it last night, although I forgot to turn it off when I went to sleep, probably wasted about 2000 litres overnight lol.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow
2 minutes ago, Ed Stone said:

Who know's lass? But, I do suspect that Solar Min will not have the same effect now as it did way back when, in the days prior to AGW; and that those hoping for a run of 1947-esque winters will have a very long wait?

I'm sure that's what you said (as everyone knows) lassie: Putin isn't plucking his HAARP. Or was that 'is'!??

Well trumpy doesn't like us much and he probably got a haarp machine for his birthday sorry couldn't find a haarp smiley so here is a guitar instead.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Hot and Sunny but not opressive

Just experienced my first rain in nearly 2 months. From a heavy shower on my first days holiday in Spain ( Almeria ) I mean you couldn’t make it up it’s currently 27c here a little cooler than London . Still it’s been mostly sunny . 

C86A6EC7-B776-4CFF-A02A-F0F1797ADB50.jpeg

Edited by Mark wheeler
  • Like 3

Posted
12 minutes ago, Mark wheeler said:

Just experienced my first rain in nearly 2 months. From a heavy shower on my first days holiday in Spain ( Almeria ) I mean you couldn’t make it up it’s currently 27c here a little cooler than London . Still it’s been mostly sunny . 

I was hoping you were standing in my back garden, nope still bone dry. Bring the showers home with you please.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine. And storms

Another mostly cloudy day with light winds, still pretty warm though. Would like to see the sun again at some point.....

Posted

Well a different cloud type causing issues today, more mid to high level stuff turning the sun hazy for a fair ammount of the day. Shame as we haven't seen the build up of cumuls/stratus compared to last couple of days. It is a warmer day with the temperature currently sitting at 26C.

Posted
3 minutes ago, Captain Shortwave said:

Well a different cloud type causing issues today, more mid to high level stuff turning the sun hazy for a fair ammount of the day. Shame as we haven't seen the build up of cumuls/stratus compared to last couple of days. It is a warmer day with the temperature currently sitting at 26C.

It's lovely and sunny here, and has been since I can remember. When I was in Canterbury, it was cloudy with sunny spells, and people asked where I'd got my tan. I got it during the school run, and while food shopping, people were like no way, it hasn't been that sunny. Could do with some cloudy days to stop my house being an oven.

Posted

one thing I HATE heat.

However today was the perfect mix of heat and humid, a little bit of rain or a storm would of been perfect.  It doesn't happen very often and it's gone the wrong side of hot now.

Posted
1 hour ago, Mark wheeler said:

That’s bad luck! Hope that clears up, sharpish. I’m heading to Spain on Saturday for 5 days, a couple of hours up the coast from you, near Murcia. Warm here in London but quite a lot of cloud the last couple of days. Currently 27C with light winds.

Edited by stainesbloke
  • Like 1

Posted

Really hoping tomorrow's forecast storms happen to soak my patch! Everything looks Saharan.. I love it but most of the plants and animals are suffering. The young foxes that come to our pond in the early mornings have likely never seen rain! IMG_20180706_111154_371.thumb.jpg.217ecc5897d0ee2f49e6f0c35557cd3c.jpg

PS hope non weather related pic is allowed. I'll try to get some tomorrow of the lightning if we see any.

• Like 4

Posted
46 minutes ago, Ellozee said:

Really hoping tomorrow's forecast storms happen to soak my patch! Everything looks Saharan.. I love it but most of the plants and animals are suffering. The young foxes that come to our pond in the early mornings have likely never seen rain! IMG_20180706_111154_371.thumb.jpg.217ecc5897d0ee2f49e6f0c35557cd3c.jpg

PS hope non weather related pic is allowed. I'll try to get some tomorrow of the lightning if we see any.

Been a while since I saw a fox - they used to come off the downs where I grew up.

But it's also a reminder that no matter now much I moan about it and how much people love it, our wildlife is suffering more.

• Like 2