Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

SE and East Anglia general weather discussion 26/03/2018 onwards

Captain Shortwave

Posted
15 hours ago, lassie23 said:

had a good watering tonight:drunk-emoji:

Did you get much rain in the end? Not a drop down here in Wimbledon but I could hear the thunder in the distance and the clouds looked pretty nasty!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, snowy winters and thunderstorms!

Again MetOffice and BBC varying wildly. BBC says got and sunny all day with no chance of rain. MetO is saying torrential rain and thunderstorms from 6pm. I'm thinking the BBC will be right. Have been much more accurate of late.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow
16 minutes ago, Wimbledon88 said:

Did you get much rain in the end? Not a drop down here in Wimbledon but I could hear the thunder in the distance and the clouds looked pretty nasty!

it rained a lot but the ground is so parched, the water vanished quickly.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

An almost perfect summer's afternoon: sunshine all the way and 25.2C.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

Gorgeous day here, 28C with good sunny spells and passing clouds to give a bit of shade from time to time. 

Posted

Lovely morning but unable to work the land in the afternoon too hot for about the 4 weekend in row. Pumpkins are doing brilliantly as are cucumbers - the plants are producing so many as they love it hot and sunny.  

On the down side, late summer crops aren't germinating, it's too hot and dry despite daily waterings.

I'm unfortunate enough to live in High Wycombe (but not for much longer!!) and lets just say the pavements in the town centre urgently need heavy rainfall to clean them.

Posted

Two hours of heavy rain in Kensal Green yesterday evening. I was tempted to do the Gene Kelly puddle jumping thing on the way home for the bus stop. Most of it ran away and flooded the Bakerloo Line, but enough got into the nooks and crannies to trigger a major flying ant episode this evening. The pavements were black with them at one point.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool clear sunny weather all year.
11 hours ago, Crepuscular Ray said:

Two hours of heavy rain in Kensal Green yesterday evening. I was tempted to do the Gene Kelly puddle jumping thing on the way home for the bus stop. Most of it ran away and flooded the Bakerloo Line, but enough got into the nooks and crannies to trigger a major flying ant episode this evening. The pavements were black with them at one point.

Considering the weather had very few if any flying ant episodes down here.

According to Essex Weather we are now on day 46 ish of no rain.
Cant say how true that is as just cant remember when it last rained.

It really would be nice to get an extra half hour that I dont have to water my fruits and veg's, last alone the pots and baskets twice a day. Even if just once a week...

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Hot and Sunny but not opressive

Another beautiful morning , shame I’m spending it commuting to work for a few hours but hopefully will get out for the afternoon, my wife’s brother is arriving from Australia today, her parents have been here for 3 weeks now and they can’t ever remember seeing the uk so parched ( originally from the uk ) they said that 3 weeks ago looking down from the plane everything was yellow then so god know what it looks like now , on the plus side I have not had to mow the lawn in 3 weeks now . Hopefully we can get some rain but not too much as to ruin the summer holidays . Take care all .

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Missed out on the heat yesterday as i am down in south essex again where there was a breeze off the Thames but it still reached 25c compared to 28c at home though.

30/31c possible today and tomorrow across inland parts of East Anglia with a gentle SW wind and mostly clear skies. To be honest this week still looks decent with good sunny spells and only a couple of showers with temperatures only falling to the mid-twenties.

Well morning gang! 

So much for the "breakdown" and "low pressure in control" and "endless low pressure" 

I love watching some members try and decipher model output beyond day 3-5 and get stung over and over again.. 

I think @stainesbloke is in the same park as me along with quite a few of us who have missed all the showers and still no rain..

Its Intresting though that everytime we get closer to something less settled its watered down so much it turns into a few hit and miss showers.. Although they do pack a punch if you get one.. 

Now tomorrow looks set for 31c again and the week ahead looks something like this 

Outlook for Tuesday to Thursday:

Sunny intervals and scattered heavy and possibly thundery showers Tuesday, and feeling a little fresher although still warm or very warm. Sunny spells and the odd shower Wednesday and Thursday.

Summer 2018 is going down in the books.. Will be Intresting to see come winter if we are saying all the seasons will go down for some reason.. 

Enjoy your Sunday everyone! 

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow,thunder,tornados

Another scorcher in progress,what a summer it has been,but boy,we can do with some rain,not had anything here for at least 4 weeks,probably more if im honest,off round the fam's later,have a great day peeps,and remember fluids and sunscreen

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Arpege predicted temperatures for the next few days

arpegeuk-41-15-0.png?15-06     arpegeuk-41-39-0.png?15-06

arpegeuk-41-63-0.png?15-06   arpegeuk-41-87-0.png?15-06

Tuesday is probably going to be the coolest day of the week and even then 25C looks possible. The only real hope for rain is that the temperatures are high enough to help develop some potent showers. The extended outlook doesn't bode well for those wanting rain either with pressure set to remain high over our part of the world and for those who have suffered with the low cloud from the north sea could very well see their fortunes improve as winds from the south west look like they will start to prevail.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe frosts, Heavy snowfall, Thunder and lightning, Stormy weather

Another warm and sunny day which is expected to reach 27 °C with a very light breeze and a clear sky.

Posted

Looked at the rubbish 7 day MO forcast day by day.

For London its 2 days at 30c then 5 days between 23 and 27c.
Most summers its people getting excited about reaching those temps this year its going down to such.
One things for sure its going to be and has been the best summer pretty much since 76 now.
Also its been a non humid summer with much cooler nights than previous summers so far with good old sea breezes

The one big question are we going to pay for it this autumn with flooding and gale force winds or is this the new norm...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

Already up to 24.1C...Needs to get to 28 for it to be the warmest day of the summer, so far...

Posted
9 minutes ago, Ed Stone said:

Already up to 24.1C...Needs to get to 28 for it to be the warmest day of the summer, so far...

Pretty much odds on I think.

Posted
12 minutes ago, Ed Stone said:

With an offshore wind you should manage it.

Edited by Djdazzle

Posted
9 minutes ago, Djdazzle said:

With an offshore wind you should manage it.

Yes you say that but they have prolonged the sea breeze again, wish it was here every day in the summer, mind you its been like it this year a lot of days.
Showing 10 to 18mph easterlies here today.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, snow, and wind storms

Same here, very calm, so feeling noticeably warmer in the direct sunlight.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy and thundery.

Been cleaning and tidying all morning before it got too warm. Well it's clean. Another day and sorted completely downstairs and then I start again upstairs \0/.

No breeze, puffs of cloud, the only joy is hearing bubs fairy water fountain in her garden area bubbling away. 

1 more week of school run and that's it. Hubs has brought me a new dress to wear to the end of year picnic. hoorah. \o/ 

Posted

29c reached across a large part of East Anglia now including places that have missed out on a lot of the heat. It actually feels nicer than last Sunday with lower humidity.