Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

SE and East Anglia general weather discussion 26/03/2018 onwards

Captain Shortwave

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

Shame about England. I’m still waiting for an England team to play like their lives depended on it. Other countries seem to fight with everything they have, England do well in the first half then seem to get very tired and lacklustre 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: An Alpine climate - snowy winters and sunny summers

My lawn is hoping Dan Holley's graphic is on the money today, with the possibility of a heavy shower in my location! The Arpege wind flow forecast for 17.00 shows the expected line of convergence.

451971673_Lawn12July2018.thumb.jpg.d0cc01999d727c8603e80740d710194f.jpg883898392_DanHolleytweet12July.thumb.jpg.6008cf175bc73e96f8120263b9f973bf.jpg1916837667_ArpegeWind12July17_00.thumb.png.752a0ad02ab7a285c67c05d2baba7993.png

https://twitter.com/danholley_/status/1017282287354961920

• Like 3

Posted

Is this cloud supposed to burn off today? Met Office had most of England under no cloud by 9am, so thst already wrong. Yet another epic failure! Why are they so bad at getting the cloud forecasts right these days?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

The sun is breaking through...another sultry afternoon beckons, I feel?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy and thundery.

Just out side a warning for friday, bah but here's hoping a storm decides to make it my way.

Posted

Well the sun is breaking through the clouds here in  St James. Cooling breeze should make for a nice afternoon. Hoping the sky might light up with some lightning tomorrow.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

Still rather on the grotty side, with only brief flickers of sunshine - 19C!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extremes!

Not a glimmer of sunlight here! Wall to wall cloud and 18c

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

Dreadful forecasting today, loads of cloud and just 20C here, yuck.

Posted

Yep Met Office said 27c in London with long sunny spells. Why these people get paid is beyond me. One look at this morning’s satellite,it was clear that the cloud would be a pain to clear.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.
7 hours ago, Djdazzle said:

Is this cloud supposed to burn off today? Met Office had most of England under no cloud by 9am, so thst already wrong. Yet another epic failure! Why are they so bad at getting the cloud forecasts right these days?

Where did you get the met forecast?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.
6 minutes ago, Djdazzle said:

The one on the website at 8am this morning.

Strange, cause ITV had cloud, not sure what the BBC had, as I don't bother with their forecast. I thought ITV still followed the met. Mind you I'm talking meridian, rather than national.

Posted
3 minutes ago, alexisj9 said:

Strange, cause ITV had cloud, not sure what the BBC had, as I don't bother with their forecast. I thought ITV still followed the met. Mind you I'm talking meridian, rather than national.

Let’s hope tomorrow is sunnier.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Deep cold

Much more pleasant to work in today, some nice unexpected cloud cover let’s hope we get some rain and cooler conditions soon. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Again it took until mid afternoon for the sun to come out. The low cloud thus week has been far more stubborn than forecast. 

The weekend still looks pretty hot for all.

Edited by Captain Shortwave

Posted
4 hours ago, Djdazzle said:

Yep Met Office said 27c in London with long sunny spells. Why these people get paid is beyond me. One look at this morning’s satellite,it was clear that the cloud would be a pain to clear.

Hot and sunny all afternoon here in mid-Essex and Heathrow reached 26.8oC earlier. Sorry if that doesn't fit in with your narrative. 

Posted
10 minutes ago, Wivenswold said:

Hot and sunny all afternoon here in mid-Essex and Heathrow reached 26.8oC earlier. Sorry if that doesn't fit in with your narrative. 

Nope. Had about 30 mins of sun all day.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Thunder

Been another lovely day in the Surrey Hills...albleit muggy and a little cloudy.... However....  four weeks of wall to wall  sunshine .....Being a teacher we broke up today and as usual the weather is breaking down.... First week of the holidays looks naff...I blame a friend who said Sterling looked good in the 62 minute last night...

Edited by John Stevens

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm summers but not too hot and colder winters with frost and snow

a grey morning summed up my mood after Englands defeat last night( i really thought it was coming home this time and just 22mins away from the Final!!).That said working outside for a living it was lovely to work in as i have had enough of this hot weather as no fun to work in although good for the diet and have lost half a stone since late May lol!!Sun came out about 1pm in Chelsfield Kent and was a lovely afternoon &evening.

Just saw BBC24 weather and they say changes are afoot next week with unsettled weather a strong possibility.Its Day 43 since we last had rain here and some rain would be welcome for plants and grass.Would tie in as schools break up next Friday and exactly same thing happened last year!!

Posted

at  long last  it looks like rain is on its way trouble is once its start it wont know when to stop to when the ground so hard next will be flooding!!