Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

SE and East Anglia general weather discussion 26/03/2018 onwards

Captain Shortwave

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

Touching 31C here, but more of a breeze today. Had an early odd hour of cloud earlier but that cleared, sharpish.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: January 1987 / July 2006

18.50 and it is still 30.3c.

This last 6 weeks will be talked about for years to come.

My last sub 20c max was the 17th June and ive not seen rain for 40 days! 

Edited by Radiating Dendrite

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, snowy winters and thunderstorms!

I'm sweating places I didn't know I could sweat. 

Posted

An absolutely glorious day at Sandbanks today where it was SO hot. Driving back across Salisbury Plain there was a persistent plume of smoke in the distance.

IMG_20180708_162405.jpg

IMG_20180708_110923.jpg

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, crisp, calm and sunny

Into week eleventy billion (ok, so have lost track of how many weeks, due to sleep deprivation) of this unrelenting heatwave and am giving up the will to live because of west facing garden and sadistically designed house. With all bedrooms on west side of house. Sat outside all evening because it was relatively cool at 22C (at 23:30) after another shade high of 29 degrees. No idea how hot it was in the sun, except awful. Kitchen is 24C even with fan on, where my poor young lab has to sleep and my bedroom is currently 26.5C despite curtains closed all day and fan on highest setting.  Don’t know how others in our region feel but I’m desperate for forecasted mid 20’s on Tuesday and been having increasingly desperate fantasies about rain for more than two weeks now.  Is it an age thing I wonder?

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool clear sunny weather all year.
9 hours ago, Soaring Hawk said:

Into week eleventy billion (ok, so have lost track of how many weeks, due to sleep deprivation) of this unrelenting heatwave and am giving up the will to live because of west facing garden and sadistically designed house. With all bedrooms on west side of house. Sat outside all evening because it was relatively cool at 22C (at 23:30) after another shade high of 29 degrees. No idea how hot it was in the sun, except awful. Kitchen is 24C even with fan on, where my poor young lab has to sleep and my bedroom is currently 26.5C despite curtains closed all day and fan on highest setting.  Don’t know how others in our region feel but I’m desperate for forecasted mid 20’s on Tuesday and been having increasingly desperate fantasies about rain for more than two weeks now.  Is it an age thing I wonder?

I am sorry to say being an oldy myself I think it is.
when younger use to love hot weather, worked out side all the time no matter how hot, now I prefer 22c and breeze, also rain more as do far more gardening although it can fall at night. 

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.

A hot sultry weekend, and still hot and sultry, that cold front better get over us soon, need this humid air to bog off. Yesterday it was supposed to have gone over us over night now it's tomorrow will be fresher. No more delays please.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snowy or sunny but not too hot!

Good Morning everyone.

Anther hot, humid day to look forward to I believe, if the start is anything to go by.

Yesterday evening on the Countryfile five day forecast mention was made of the very dry June and the south of England was shown in dark browns on a map to show less than 20% of the monthly average. Writtle was mentioned as being particularly dry with a very low reading. I found this particularly interesting as I used to live there and my elderly uncle still does.

Every Tuesday my wife and I together with three friends drive there to take part in the City run Heart and Sole walks. We start and finish these at Writtle College from where the readings on rainfall would have originated. After our walk we enjoy a cuppa and a bacon bap at the Tiptree Jam owned  cafe there. (All very healthy!) On one of the Tuesdays in early June whilst we were having our refreshments it clouded over and started to rain. It was sufficiently heavy for one of the ladies working at the cafe to come outside and using a pulley devise to open up the sun brollies to shelter us from the shower. It did not last too long but sufficient to wet the ground. On driving back home we found that only a short distance down the road it had remained dry.

In other words other parts of Chelmsford have not even had that small amount of rain. I do not have a weather station and so I am unable to confirm it but i believe we in the north east of the City have had no measurable rain at all. Is anyone local to the area able to confirm this please.

Kind Regards

Dave

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

Cloudy and muggy...already 23.3 at 10 a.m. :help:

• Like 1

Posted
1 hour ago, Ed Stone said:

Cloudy and muggy...already 23.3 at 10 a.m. :help:

I hear cooler weather's on the way and possible breakdown end of weekend.

Posted
11 hours ago, Soaring Hawk said:

My little one's bedroom was 30oC Saturday night due to the same thing of westerly bedroom. She slept right through til 8am. Never done that before. Who'd have thought she must love the heat. I personally cant wait for the cool down.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe frosts, Heavy snowfall, Thunder and lightning, Stormy weather

It is a cloudy day with very brief sunny intervals. Temperature in South Ockendon is 26 °C, with light winds 3 mph coming from a ESE direction .  The visibility is good and the humidity is at 42%.  The UV index is at 5 and the Pollen is count is at a medium level.  The Barometric pressure is at 1024mb, and it is Falling.   Although the humidity is at 42%, it feels very humid and very uncomfortable. I have the back door open and the electric fan on and I am still very warm.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything out of the ordinary, except extreme heat
Just now, Katrine Basso said:

It is a cloudy day with very brief sunny intervals. Temperature in South Ockendon is 26 °C, with light winds 3 mph coming from a ESE direction .  The visibility is good and the humidity is at 42%.  The UV index is at 5 and the Pollen is count is at a medium level.  The Barometric pressure is at 1024mb, and it is Falling.   Although the humidity is at 42%, it feels very humid and very uncomfortable. I have the back door open and the electric fan on and I am still very warm.

Yes I just got back from walking absolutely dripping and my clothes stuck to my skin! There wasn’t much sun either. I also drank a whole bottle of water! I hate sticky weather! 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Over 18C please!

It has felt quite a bit cooler here today, with  thin cloud hiding the sun. Right now there are some dark clouds rolling over us, so hoping for a shower - at least!  If not I'll  be watering the allotment again this evening  :(

Posted

Fresh ENE breeze, 100% cloud cover, 20.3C and humidity falling off a cliff...Alleluia!:yahoo:?️

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, snowy winters and thunderstorms!

Lots of rain cloud about but nowt falling!

Posted

View from the front of my house - big grey clouds just like the ones visible over Wimbledon just up the road.

View from the back of my house - clear blue skies.

I wish the fabled 'cold front' would hurry up!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Deep cold

Really enjoying this global warming induced heatwave ☀️

actually can’t wait for the polar ice caps to melt so I don’t have to drive so far to the beach for a bit of plastic fishing. 

Just off to find some sand to put my head in.

• Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

This morning was pretty steamy with light winds and the temperature reached 27c. This afternoon has been much cooler as the wind strengthened from the north east.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow
28 minutes ago, shotski said:

Really enjoying this global warming induced heatwave ☀️

actually can’t wait for the polar ice caps to melt so I don’t have to drive so far to the beach for a bit of plastic fishing. 

Just off to find some sand to put my head in.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

Starting to feel cooler now as the cold front moves through. Should be easier to sleep this week as nights will be much fresher.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter Snow, extreme weather, mainly sunny mild summers though.

Yes very cool breeze this evening, almost feels cold!:cold:

Ohhhh.... looking forward to a nice cold spell with lots of the S word.;)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow
29 minutes ago, snowray said:

Yes very cool breeze this evening, almost feels cold!:cold:

Ohhhh.... looking forward to a nice cold spell with lots of the S word.;)

snow flurry in the wind by dawn?

• Like 2

Posted

Lovely today - 17C and cloudy!:yahoo:

However, looking at the next five-days: 22, 24,26,27,26...it looks like yet another game of Sweat Bucket Bingo...Yee Haw!