Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

SE and East Anglia general weather discussion 26/03/2018 onwards

Captain Shortwave

Posted
1 minute ago, snowray said:

Thats really cheap, is that just for cold air? I know there are systems that warm the house in winter too, I could get rid of my central heating as it needs updating.:)

I should say that’s just for upstairs only. The 3 bedrooms and nothing else. I’ve actually gone back and asked about heating and couldn’t see t on the quote. Will let you know. It was £1800 for just one bedroom which isn’t bad either I thought. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...
35 minutes ago, c00ps said:

Just had quote for 3 bedrooms - came in at £3000. 

Buy several bags of ice-cubes from Tesco and three el-cheapo fans, and then set fans to blow air over the bags of ice-cubes??️

Posted
13 minutes ago, Ed Stone said:

Buy several bags of ice-cubes from Tesco and three el-cheapo fans, and then set fans to blow air over the bags of ice-cubes??️

If it was for me I’d be fine but it’s the little one. She’s only one and just wish it was constantly cool like air con can give. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

26.2 at 2 p.m. - it feels like it too!?️

• Like 1

Posted

Fair amount of cumulus built up in the London area but now the clouds are smaller and well scattered. Hopefully this will allow temps to rise more consistently. Humid air also gives the potential of a late maximum around 5pm or so.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter Snow, extreme weather, mainly sunny mild summers though.
40 minutes ago, c00ps said:

I should say that’s just for upstairs only. The 3 bedrooms and nothing else. I’ve actually gone back and asked about heating and couldn’t see t on the quote. Will let you know. It was £1800 for just one bedroom which isn’t bad either I thought. 

Thanks c00ps. 

Posted
13 minutes ago, Ed Stone said:

If it was for me I’d be fine but it’s the little one. She’s only one and just wish it was constantly cool like air con can give. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Up to 29c here and if anything any cloud that had built up has melted away somewhat so mostly sunny skies here.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter Snow, extreme weather, mainly sunny mild summers though.

ENGLAND win win win win win!!!!....................:clap::drinks:

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool clear sunny weather all year.
5 hours ago, c00ps said:

Ha ha that’s the truth 

I got them installed last summer and look what happened this year lol..

Best money ever spent if you suffer with the heat.
Also the new ones cool, heat and blow std air so they are a 3 in 1 and efficient.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

What was the maximum temperature recorded today?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: An Alpine climate - snowy winters and sunny summers

A very interesting satellite image this afternoon. There was a line of wind flow convergence over our Region where a NW'ly wind flow bumped into a SW'ly flow (aided by sea breezes) and the resultant rising air produced a distinct line of cumulus. I was virtually under it and looking east it was completely clear blue sky, whilst looking west lots of wonderful bubbly cumulus.

Arpege wind chart 1329251447_ArpegeWind07July.thumb.png.c412f15541ae7d5dddcf23f2172efac5.png Satellite image: 869289247_Convectivecloudline07July.thumb.jpg.4551e0664815f8a1fc613f1568c888bb.jpg

All fading away this evening, although the stragglers still managed to produce a nice sky and some crepuscular rays!

584324027_Cloud07July.thumb.jpg.1fd468329768aeb05d4faa3f24aff21d.jpg

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Over 18C please!

Very hot today no breeze to take the edge off the heat.  Had a few raindrops but mostly evaporated before it hit the ground. Still watering lots on the allotment!

Posted

@ 24C right now, just cooling off with my fan in the background and listening to this marvelous tune...............

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extremes!

23c here now and not a breath of air! When's it going to rain!!?? I have just been out watering everything around the open windows in a bid to cool the air coming in! 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extremes!

21c and finally a lovely breeze!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow

that was a fun night, 29c in my room with a fan on, had to peel myself off my mattress. Is low sunspot activity ironically causing a heat wave by weakening the jet stream? 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy and thundery.

made 30.1 C in our room, which was cooler than downstairs. By 6am was just shy of 27c but with the fan on that felt chilly. think it will take more than a few cooler days to cool this house off.

Been not too bad sleeping, cool shower just before bed.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

The last region wide hot day today with temperatures getting into the 80s fahrenheit across the board. Possibly up to 32C in NW London

arpegeuk-41-15-0.png?08-06

A front will move south tomorrow though most will still be hot, the north of the region will likely see increasing cloud during the afternoon.

arpegeuk-41-39-0.png?08-06

The temperatures in Nofolk/Suffolk and Cambridgeshire peak around midday and then begin to fall back a little, still inot the low thirties in the south.

Tuesday is cooler for all

arpegeuk-41-63-0.png?08-06

Mind you it will still be warm unless you get stuck underneath some thicker patches of cloud.

So the coming week looks less hot compared to recently, but temperatures couldstill reach 80F on any day and if anything the temperatures will tend to pick up again slowly after Tuesday as the winds become very light and the warmth can build in situ and if anything warmth could become heat again by next weekend with 30C possible again.

• Like 3

Posted

28c and mostly sunny here, cloud has bubbled up a little as predicted but it hasn't spoilt the day yet. It us going to get close to 30c yet again but can I finally see my first 30c of the year here or will it technically be yet another 29c maximum.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Over 18C please!

27C just now but at least there's a nice Easterly breeze to take the edge off the heat  Was scorchio earlier

Edited by interested & confused
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow

Some deep cracks appearing outside, if it doesn't rain soon you will be able to fit ain some of them