Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

SE and East Anglia general weather discussion 26/03/2018 onwards

Captain Shortwave

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.
6 hours ago, Buzzit said:

I can't believe that we are not in the middle of a public health emergency. I feel like the threshold has been manipulated to save money at the expense of people at risk.. I know everyone on here is respectful of the weather and look out for others.. 

Feel like a massive cost saving excessive in place as councils don't have the money to activate care plans

Stay safe all

The temperature threshold is different depending on where you are in the UK (London/SE England I believe it is 32C when the heatwave alert is issued and nights of 18C or higher).

A really sticky night but the sun is out here to start unlike yesterday.

1 hour ago, TomSE12 said:

Totally agree with that Luke. even with our fan on, our "dolls house" sized bedroom, was like a sauna!! The fan just seemed to be circulating the warm air.

Regards,

Tom.

Yep, had my fan on all night.. I live in a Edwardian house and it's really nice and cool in the day but now even with the best built houses the heat being retained in the masionary and roof etc etc is just to much now it probably doesn't have a chance to radiate all the heat back out before the following day.. 

We were on a roof yesterday and I used my temperature laser to see how hot the roof tiles were.. You were unable to touch them with bare skin.. 82c I was getting in places that is just phenomenal.. 

I also moved the Harris fencing and left it for a few hours up right on newly laid tarmac and the feet sunk into the tarmac where the heat was being concentrated through the metal.. My boss couldn't belive it! Thankfully he didn't have a go at me lol! 

I also saw yesterday a map of Europe and the current heatwave.. London was 4-5c hotter than most of Spain (until recently) because of the UHI effect 

Today and tomorrow are going to be diffrent in that it's going to be even hotter 

Edited by Surrey
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Some temperature predicitions

Arpege                                                              Arome

arpegeuk-41-15-0.png?07-06   aromehd-31-18-0.png?07-05

28-31C (London favoured as the hotspot)           Similar

The Arpeges does give a risk of a shower over Kent again today but these will be very isolated.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines
2 hours ago, Surrey said:

Well I have to say that was probably one of the most uncomfortable nights heat wise I've ever experienced in the UK.. 

According to station data Heathrow was still 24c at 00:20 this morning.. 

It dropped to a low of 17c at 4:20 this morning and at 5:00 was already 18c.. 

It’s already 19C and rising fast. Last night was very warm, it was still 20C here at 02:30. The night before was warm too but this morning the house has barely cooled off at all and it feels very warm. It has been quite an odd hot spell as the nights have been very comfortable and cool, generally, but this weekend will be different. Should cool down somewhat midweek.

4 minutes ago, stainesbloke said:

It’s already 19C and rising fast. Last night was very warm, it was still 20C here at 02:30. The night before was warm too but this morning the house has barely cooled off at all and it feels very warm. It has been quite an odd hot spell as the nights have been very comfortable and cool, generally, but this weekend will be different. Should cool down somewhat midweek.

Yes I think now till Tuesday very very warm brief "cool down" nothing below 24c though then back up again! 

• Like 1

Posted
7 hours ago, Buzzit said:

I can't believe that we are not in the middle of a public health emergency. I feel like the threshold has been manipulated to save money at the expense of people at risk.. I know everyone on here is respectful of the weather and look out for others.. 

Feel like a massive cost saving excessive in place as councils don't have the money to activate care plans

Stay safe all

Although high temps pose a danger no matter how short the period of hot weather, I do think there is a flaw in the calculations used for these heat health watches. Many people are fine with 30.c or so for 3 or 4 day but if you have weeks on end of high 20s to low 30s, then that has quite a cumulative effect on sleep quality, dehydration levels, appetite etc. 

Had tix to BST festival today in Hyde park but I sold them as we are too busy with our flat move. Kind of glad really as don't fancy 8 hours sat in Hyde Park in 31.c

• Like 1

Posted
1 hour ago, Team Squirrel said:

Although high temps pose a danger no matter how short the period of hot weather, I do think there is a flaw in the calculations used for these heat health watches. Many people are fine with 30.c or so for 3 or 4 day but if you have weeks on end of high 20s to low 30s, then that has quite a cumulative effect on sleep quality, dehydration levels, appetite etc. 

Had tix to BST festival today in Hyde park but I sold them as we are too busy with our flat move. Kind of glad really as don't fancy 8 hours sat in Hyde Park in 31.c

Yes that was a much better explanation of my point thanks. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

22.8C and sweltering...I'm so glad I went and bought my 70 cl bottle of Penalty Shootout before the heat really set in! Penalty Shootout not being available north of the border, Scottish members will have to (should England actually win) make-do with The Usual Grouse!??????????????:drunk:

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm summers but not too hot and colder winters with frost and snow

dropped to 16.8 last night here but already 26.9(shade).think London itself will hit 32 or 33 and i reckon i will get close to 30 here in Kent if not a tad more.Beers are ready cooling in the Fridge.Hope its going to be a great day today

COME ON ENGLAND!!

???????

• Like 1

Posted

Combines in the field bringing the harvest in, must be 3 weeks early due to heatwave!

It's proper scorchio, scorchio out there, I think 32.c before the day is out. We be glad for cold drink and the big game at 3pm.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer > Spring > Winter > Autumn :-)

27c here by 11am so a scorcher in prospect....lots of cloud starting to bubble up though, so it could hinder temps rising to their potential max. Could be clouded over in the next couple of hours!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter Snow, extreme weather, mainly sunny mild summers though.

Yup already 27c around London too, should get over 30c quite quickly later on for the footy. Mad afternoon coming up in the heat and all the drinking, not going to the pub today, you could not get in the door for last Tues game today will be murder. Oh, and my house is now officially an over, my bedroom is hottest room too even with the fans on its just more warm air being blown around.:hi:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow
8 minutes ago, snowray said:

Yup already 27c around London too, should get over 30c quite quickly later on for the footy. Mad afternoon coming up in the heat and all the drinking, not going to the pub today, you could not get in the door for last Tues game today will be murder. Oh, and my house is now officially an over, my bedroom is hottest room too even with the fans on its just more warm air being blown around.:hi:

You need aircon, booze and heat will not be a good combo if England loses. I'm sweating like a 

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

24.7 at midday...Our hottest day looks odds-on!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy and thundery.

Dami - scaring amazon delivery guys in her bikini top since 2018.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter Snow, extreme weather, mainly sunny mild summers though.
26 minutes ago, lassie23 said:

You need aircon, booze and heat will not be a good combo if England loses. I'm sweating like a 

I know aircon is the way forwards, I am going to look into that. Yes I think that A&E depts are going to get busy after the game particularly if England were to lose, but with a win people are just going to carry on drinking all evening and celebrating:D. I'm sweating like an old goat on heat here already, 29c recorded at Heathrow at 12.00.☀️

• Thanks 1

Posted
33 minutes ago, snowray said:

I know aircon is the way forwards, I am going to look into that. Yes I think that A&E depts are going to get busy after the game particularly if England were to lose, but with a win people are just going to carry on drinking all evening and celebrating:D. I'm sweating like an old goat on heat here already, 29c recorded at Heathrow at 12.00.☀️

Just had quote for 3 bedrooms - came in at £3000. 

• Like 2

Posted
5 minutes ago, c00ps said:

If everyone chipped in then once the aircon is installed we will never see hot weather again. :p

• Like 2

Posted
5 minutes ago, Captain Shortwave said:

If everyone chipped in then once the aircon is installed we will never see hot weather again. :p

Ha ha that’s the truth 

Posted
31 minutes ago, c00ps said:

Thats really cheap, is that just for cold air? I know there are systems that warm the house in winter too, I could get rid of my central heating as it needs updating.:)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe frosts, Heavy snowfall, Thunder and lightning, Stormy weather

Another bright, sunny day with variable cloud cover.  The pollen count has gone from very high down to medium but the UV index is very high today. The Met Office says that the air pollutant index for Thurrock is 4 but I know that there are many places in Thurrock where the roads have high volumes of traffic, especially HGV's where it would be a lot higher.  The temperature today is  27 °c .